Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
comic spoiler which i will not hide:

more zombies will be killed in upcoming episodes

You prick!

Ruined the whole series for me.

I'm really excited for next week. I never watch the preview for next week (after each episode), but they've set this up where there HAS to be a big confrontation between the two groups.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #32
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Fair warning, major spoilers have already hit the internet and are spreading like wildfire(no pun intended) for the mid-season finale.

If you DONT want it spoiled, i suggest staying away from IMDB, googling 'made to suffer'(the episode's title), anything with walking dead in the phrase, or 'mid-season finale'

but it's gonna be aweeeeesome!
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Decent enough episode, but didn't care for Glenn's 'Rick will save us!!!!!' spiel. Came off like some little kid with hero worship.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #34
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why don't they wear protective gear?

I think I've seen maybe a small piece of protective gear on one person during the entire show.

They walk around bare for all zombies to bite on.

Now… I'm not saying they should be on some Dark Knight shit, just some simple shit to protect them. Howabout some football helmets? they can raid a high school for those, don't even need shoulder pads, just helmets for when they go into sections that are possibly dangerous. They don't have to sleep with them and shit either.

During season 1 Rick realized that the 'walkers' didn't notice them when they were covered in their blood. So why not wear a something that has their blood on it and take it off later on?

I understand it'll be awkward to walk around with something protecting their necks and shit, but why not something for their forearms? almost anything is better than a bare forearm don't ya'll think?

I'm sure there's something metallic they can use, something made out of hard plastic, anything!!! At the very least, some thick bracelet like protection that covers their forearm made out of layers of leather. I'm sure it can aid them to some degree.

T Dog also had the best idea I've seen to date…. he actually had a f*ckin shield!!! Not only would he use it to protect himself, he used it as weapon a few times as well.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #35
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

I think I've seen maybe a small piece of protective gear on one person during the entire show.

This was brought up when they took the prison becuase they found guards with riot gear on. They basically felt that it made them less nimble to move around and they had gotten that far without it. So why put it on now.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #36
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Now… I'm not saying they should be on some Dark Knight shit, just some simple shit to protect them. Howabout some football helmets? they can raid a high school for those, don't even need shoulder pads, just helmets for when they go into sections that are possibly dangerous. They don't have to sleep with them and shit either.

During season 1 Rick realized that the 'walkers' didn't notice them when they were covered in their blood. So why not wear a something that has their blood on it and take it off later on?

I understand it'll be awkward to walk around with something protecting their necks and shit, but why not something for their forearms? almost anything is better than a bare forearm don't ya'll think?

I'm sure there's something metallic they can use, something made out of hard plastic, anything!!! At the very least, some thick bracelet like protection that covers their forearm made out of layers of leather. I'm sure it can aid them to some degree.

T Dog also had the best idea I've seen to date…. he actually had a f*ckin shield!!! Not only would he use it to protect himself, he used it as weapon a few times as well.
Limits mobility, uncomfortable, and shield means one less hand free. Recipe for disaster, and hurts as much as it may help.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #37
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
This was brought up when they took the prison becuase they found guards with riot gear on. They basically felt that it made them less nimble to move around and they had gotten that far without it. So why put it on now.

As I mentioned, they don't need full on riot gear. They just need a helmet and something for their forearms…. that's basically it.

zombies aint gonna shoot them, so no need for the vest. They can do without leg protection (for the most part). All they'd need is forearm and head, and they'll be dramatically safer. It aint like zombies are extremely fast and versatile that a helmet will slow them down that much.

Or what about a shield? it worked for the Spartans.

And what about using zombie blood for camouflage in certain situations?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #38
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Limits mobility, uncomfortable, and shield means one less hand free. Recipe for disaster, and hurts as much as it may help.

But they only carry 'one' weapon at a time. Only one it hinders is redneck dude. It sure as helped TDog for that brief moment. Besides, Spartans possibly the greatest warriors of all time used a shield and they were effective against trained moving weapon carrying opponents.

With a shield you can use it to block, push, hit, pin, crush, etc.etc. you can make sharp turns if needed so mobility aint an issue.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #39
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But they only carry 'one' weapon at a time. Only one it hinders is redneck dude. It sure as helped TDog for that brief moment. Besides, Spartans possibly the greatest warriors of all time used a shield and they were effective against trained moving weapon carrying opponents.

With a shield you can use it to block, push, hit, pin, crush, etc.etc. you can make sharp turns if needed so mobility aint an issue.
We're watching a TV show about a zombie apocalypse here. Realism or commonsense doesn't come into play here.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #40
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
We're watching a TV show about a zombie apocalypse here. Realism or commonsense doesn't come into play here.
i'm bored here.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #41
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
i'm bored here.
This happens a lot with my fellow peers who are Apple supporters.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #42
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Finally caught up with the series. Took me forever because Netflix only had season 1 for the longest time, which didn't draw me in enough to go out of my way for the follow up seasons. Now that they finally added season 2, I started liking the show and went out of my way to find season 3 online.

I'm really curious why the black woman gets away with not having zombies attack her. She even seemed surprised by the ones that walked by her, even though she had 2 on chains when we were first introduced to her that did not go after her.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #43
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Exclamation Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

For me ... I'd have somethin that covers my whole entire back, neck and legs. I'd have somethin around my forearm too and gloves. From what i've saw, those are the parts that the zombies always go for and it's vulnerable anyway.

-Shouldn't you cover the head too? Zombies don't really go for the head anyways ... unless you're in that situation where they can only get to your head.

Zombies are dumb enough to keep on biting and not realize that they're biting a HARD MATERIAL.

I'd be glad if all those stuffs I suggested goes in RUBBERY TYPE that's really impossible to break through a zombie bite or gunshot. Come to think about it, that's batman right? LOL If not, then does the material of his suit exist in our world?

And of course, i'd have a canteen full of zombie BLOOD.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 12-01-2012 at 05:23 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #44
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm really curious why the black woman gets away with not having zombies attack her. She even seemed surprised by the ones that walked by her, even though she had 2 on chains when we were first introduced to her that did not go after her.

This is explained in season 1 with the episode 'guts' and in season 3 again with the episode 'walk with me'
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #45
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As I mentioned, they don't need full on riot gear. They just need a helmet and something for their forearms…. that's basically it.

zombies aint gonna shoot them, so no need for the vest. They can do without leg protection (for the most part). All they'd need is forearm and head, and they'll be dramatically safer. It aint like zombies are extremely fast and versatile that a helmet will slow them down that much.

Or what about a shield? it worked for the Spartans.

And what about using zombie blood for camouflage in certain situations?

Michonne used her pets as a sort of protection. Why would you just cover your head and forearms? Wouldn't do much good when they're ripping your guts out which has happened a bunch of times (it just happened to that crazy hermit in the cabin).

Going with protection and such would take away a lot of the tension from the show. Why not have some sort of zombie spray-on deodorant? Why not have a full set of armor when going to dangerous places? Why not lure all the zombies into some sort of trap (like a giant pit)? There's a lot of things you could do, but those things would just take away a lot of the tension from the show.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: