Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #511
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #512
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Watching the season finale was like having a really bad case of blue balls.

All this lead-up/suspense, anticipating many casualties (of named characters) on both sides and come to find out, a very underwhelming outcome.

Only Andrea and Milton die, and they weren't even involved in the so called "battle". I thought at least a couple of the prison group were gonna be killed.

BTW it must suck to be Rick. His wife's gone and now his son has seemingly taken after Shane.

And where the fvck did the Governer go? And I know they couldnt kill the Governer off so early for sake of story but it makes no goddamn sense why Martinez and the other dude would go w/ him after seeing him gun down half the town in cold blood.

And at the "Merle in a white dress" comment on 'Talking Dead'
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #513
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
So who's still defending this as a well written show? This whole season had no arc and no payoff
GoT >> TWD
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #514
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
GoT >> TWD
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 AM   #515
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
GoT >> TWD

Whoever said otherwise?
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #516
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I enjoyed the episode, but not as a finale. I wanted the Gov dead. I'm happy that Andrea is dead though. I also wanted an actual f*cking war. Best scene was Governor going ape shit, but it is ridiculous that nobody gunned him down.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #517
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pjHyOml954

The Governor's Roid Rage/Rampage againts his own men/women.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #518
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

If you read the comic you might get a little insight of where the Governor might end up.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #519
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
If you read the comic you might get a little insight of where the Governor might end up.
I've read em all, they're only related in name at this point.

Also, the writing on the show is probably better than the comics. Seriously.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #520
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

The episode was uneven.

Some great scenes, moments. But as usual some head scratchers.

I don't mind that the battle wasn't as exciting as some wanted it to be. I think they handled it the best way it could've been handled. They couldn't have a shootout, they used guerrilla tactics against them.

My biggest WTF/SMH moment/s involved Andrea.

A. Why the fIck was she waiting so long to uncuff herself? she kept yapping and yapping away while nerd boy turned. He even had to remind her to hurry up.

B. I have never seen a woman take off her boots so quickly before in my life. Them shits just slipped off, something that I've never ever seen. Calf high leather boots take forever to take off with both hands. And the socks came off easily as well. I dare some of you to take off your socks right now was fast as she did. Shit, take off both of your shoes and socks as fast as she did without using your hands, I'll wait, post your time.

I did love the music, although I think it may have been distracting at times.

I did like some of the lines in this episode, specially the one by the gov in the opening scene, now that's a quote.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #521
DaHeezy
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
He's going to be a secondary villain in Season 4. Negan and the Saviors will be the next villains.
Smarten up dummy. The mention of the Govenor and Michonne is what killed the last thread. Let's leave it up to surprise.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #522
DaHeezy
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
The episode was uneven.

Some great scenes, moments. But as usual some head scratchers.

I don't mind that the battle wasn't as exciting as some wanted it to be. I think they handled it the best way it could've been handled. They couldn't have a shootout, they used guerrilla tactics against them.

My biggest WTF/SMH moment/s involved Andrea.

A. Why the fIck was she waiting so long to uncuff herself? she kept yapping and yapping away while nerd boy turned. He even had to remind her to hurry up.

B. I have never seen a woman take off her boots so quickly before in my life. Them shits just slipped off, something that I've never ever seen. Calf high leather boots take forever to take off with both hands. And the socks came off easily as well. I dare some of you to take off your socks right now was fast as she did. Shit, take off both of your shoes and socks as fast as she did without using your hands, I'll wait, post your time.

I did love the music, although I think it may have been distracting at times.

I did like some of the lines in this episode, specially the one by the gov in the opening scene, now that's a quote.

I thought the score was absolutely fantastic. Way to set the mood.

I really liked this episode. Probably my second favorite next to the Sophia reveal. No wasted moments, addition of a new hottie to the group, a chance to develop new and interesting cahracters...
This is like part 4 to movie trilogies. Now anybody can be killed off with shock because of the intro of new characters. Part 4 is where main characters die in horror flicks so perhaps Rick is the next to go
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #523
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I thought the score was absolutely fantastic. Way to set the mood.

I really liked this episode. Probably my second favorite next to the Sophia reveal. No wasted moments, addition of a new hottie to the group, a chance to develop new and interesting cahracters...
This is like part 4 to movie trilogies. Now anybody can be killed off with shock because of the intro of new characters. Part 4 is where main characters die in horror flicks so perhaps Rick is the next to go
I loved the score as well, and that's a problem. It was so good it kinda took a bit away from some scenes because I focused more on the score but that's just me.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #524
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Smarten up dummy. The mention of the Govenor and Michonne is what killed the last thread. Let's leave it up to surprise.

No, the mention of it didn't end it, and the comics and show are completely divorced regardless of it.

No comic/movie, movie/game, game/movie is a verbatim translation as the original source material needs to be adapted to retain an audience.

Doesn't matter. Season 4 is 6 months away.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #525
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

I felt it was a pretty good episode. The whole season was up and down, with some good high points, and some dismal low points. This for me was above average.

I like how they bracketed the episode with The Gov and Carl giving little speaches that sort of hit at the same sentiments. The Gov had that nice little catchphrase, that I'm sure these writers spent all offseason thinking of and couldn't wait to squeeze in somewhere "These days you either Kill or Die, or Die then Kill ... mwah ah ah ah!!!"
Then Carl gave his little "I did what I had to do dad ... not like you!" speech, that was really saying the same thing, just less bumper sticker-y. It felt like an effort to actually move a character in a direction, although using a kid may not have been my first choice, it was progress.

I also liked a lot of the Andrea/Milton stuff. Although it did extend the shows policy of having a Zombie approaching a character who's tied up for some reason to a Dimaggio type streak. You know the threat is becoming an issue when every week they seemingly have to find an excuse to tie a character up while a Zombie lurches toward them to build tension. But all that said the tension was good. I felt it was an odd choice not to show Milton get the bite. Because cutting away made it feel like she'd survived. And at that point her dieing became more of a shock, as evidenced by them saving it till the end. They could've twisted it by showing the bite, cutting to commercial, then coming back to see her hanging on for the closing speech. Michone's character has really rounded into shape between that scene, her short dialogue with Rick in this episode, Her voyage with Merle, and her trip with Carl, over the course of a few short sequences over about 4 weeks. That's as big a shocker as any as this season went on.

I was ok with the level of action. It felt a little amatuerish the way the Gov approached the prison. All of his prep, all of his equipment, some expert level guidance from guys like Martinez, and it never occurs to him to come from various sides, create a perimeter, to avoid an ambush? Instead he goes steamrolling in, driving over tire spikes, and blowing up guardtowers with a grenade launcher? It felt over the top agressive, which I suppose they were going for with the character, but that's not what we got out of that character all season. I wish they'dve killed him. That guy had run his course for me a while back now. Even the prison group could've done something like seal them in and take their trucks out on the outside, so they felt unusually unprepared as well.
Otherwise I'm ok with how the battle played out. I like how it was handled visually in the shadows of the caverns of the prison. And the Gov's inevitable melt down was nicely done.
I'd take what we got over that awfull season opening scene where Rick and Co. saved Daryl from a smoke filled zombie fighting arena that looked like something done for kitch in Hobo with a Shotgun.

Overall I'd say a C+, maybe B- episode which sort of mirrors the season as a whole.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: