Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #526
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I loved the score as well, and that's a problem. It was so good it kinda took a bit away from some scenes because I focused more on the score but that's just me.

I agree with both of you guys. The score was cool. It had sort of a retro, throwback to the 80s feel of something like a John Carpenter movie. Or like the score to Tarantino's Planet Terror from Grindhouse, which was supposed to feel like an 80s Carpenter score.

I thought it was a cool effect. And it set off the creeking doors of the prison walk through.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #527
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

this finale was so overhyped, but typical Walking Dead. episodes go so up and down, you can never assume episodes will be good week to week. at least all in all this season was MUCH better than that S2 yawnfest. where the hell did the governor and the 2 leftover guys go after killing all of those people? they obviously didn't go back to camp, so maybe they turned around and going back to the prison? i hope they took a side route otherwise they probably should've run into Rick and crew.

theres so much commercialization and hype behind Walking Dead these days it feels like that carries it more than the show itself. like a episode can be bad but the fanfare and stuff like the after show will pump it up like it was awesome, leaving you thinking is it me or did that episode suck?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #528
miller-time

I thought the episode was OK, but it really just feels like it is a set up for the next episode as opposed to the next season. They should have had a bigger cliffhanger at the end.

I think it was too light on Darryl, especially after what happened to Merle last week.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #529
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I thought the episode was OK, but it really just feels like it is a set up for the next episode as opposed to the next season. They should have had a bigger cliffhanger at the end.

I think it was too light on Darryl, especially after what happened to Merle last week.

I agree with that whole heartedly. A single line to Carol in a 20 second scene about Merle "giving them a chance" was not enough to brush over the emotional ending to the previous episode. He should be at least as distraught as Glenn has been over Maggie's implied raping, and maybe as said before, seeing images of Merle in Lori's white dress.

All that said they just didn't really have time to explore that. Of course they could've shuffled things around and gotten that in ahead of time, instead of the countless filler we got.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #530
LoPro4u2c
Serious playground baller

So where was Rick, Darryl, Michone, and Carol during the assault? Cuz I didn't see them.
LoPro4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #531
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Why didn't they just stay and take over Woodbury?

With the Governor's "army" mostly dead, you would think only the weak, old and children were left in the city and wouldn't be too sympathetic to his cause anymore after they find out what happened. Aren't the houses and everything else still intact?

I hope the actor who plays Carl has a major growth spurt or something. Kinda like WAAAAAALLLLLLLLTTT from Lost. They can't get rid of him quickly enough.

Anyways, I absolutely can't wait for next season. Of the video game that is. Lee and Clementine were better written than any characters on the show. I'll still watch the show but seasons 2 and 3 don't fill me with a lot of hope. I wish this show had a bigger budget. I feel that would compensate a lot for the average writing.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #532
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
No, the mention of it didn't end it, and the comics and show are completely divorced regardless of it.

No comic/movie, movie/game, game/movie is a verbatim translation as the original source material needs to be adapted to retain an audience.

Doesn't matter. Season 4 is 6 months away.

You're always trying to sabotage this for the TV audience so you have no say in this matter
Does the TV audience know these characters? No the thread title says TV ONLY. Last thread people were name dropping which ruined it for some of us. We're keeping it strictly TV. Has the show ever mention so called characters? No. So to the TV viewers, this could be information which may ruin any surprise effect.
Do you TV viewers agree?

Last edited by DaHeezy : 04-01-2013 at 03:08 PM.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #533
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Exclamation Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Bad season overall, but it's still good since it's Walking Dead. The plot execution is horrible though, & they could have done better.

What baffled me the most is Andrea, took her like 45 mins. to pick the shit off the ground. WTF? And she just sat there and stared at the nerd dude and tried to see if e turned or not. For me, regardless if he was still alive or not --- I would not stop to try to pick that thing up off the ground with my F***** foot. WRITERS ARE JUST DUMB AS **** SOMETIMES, AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

And Glenn takin off his helmet after Woodbury left the prison is a big WHAT IF THEY WERE STILL THERE?

FOR A SEASON FINALE, IT WAS HORRIBLE.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #534
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I've read em all, they're only related in name at this point.

Also, the writing on the show is probably better than the comics. Seriously.

No.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #535
DuMa
Canned

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #536
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1c63_blog.html

‘The Walking Dead’ season finale clocks record 12.4 million viewers

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,5356620.story

'The Walking Dead' scores record ratings in third-season finale
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #537
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Making of the Walking Dead Season 3. (Welcome to the Tombs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThT4qiTpp9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIeAdLX2Rw0
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #538
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

Someone tell Morissey that he's not actually the Governor. Dude didn't break character at all...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #539
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Someone tell Morissey that he's not actually the Governor. Dude didn't break character at all...

He looks like he wants to shoot the photographer

That's the last picture you'll ever take
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #540
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
You're always trying to sabotage this for the TV audience so you have no say in this matter
Does the TV audience know these characters? No the thread title says TV ONLY. Last thread people were name dropping which ruined it for some of us. We're keeping it strictly TV. Has the show ever mention so called characters? No. So to the TV viewers, this could be information which may ruin any surprise effect.
Do you TV viewers agree?

Cry more
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: