Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #46
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Finally caught up with the series. Took me forever because Netflix only had season 1 for the longest time, which didn't draw me in enough to go out of my way for the follow up seasons. Now that they finally added season 2, I started liking the show and went out of my way to find season 3 online.

I'm really curious why the black woman gets away with not having zombies attack her. She even seemed surprised by the ones that walked by her, even though she had 2 on chains when we were first introduced to her that did not go after her.
It was mostly because she had the zombie blood/guts on her. The main thing walkers are attracted to are smell and sound. If you smell like one of them, they aren't going to attack.

Just found out about the layoff after this upcoming episode. Shit sucks
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #47
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
It was mostly because she had the zombie blood/guts on her. The main thing walkers are attracted to are smell and sound. If you smell like one of them, they aren't going to attack.

Just found out about the layoff after this upcoming episode. Shit sucks

It's one of my pet peeves with television now. They shoot half a season, wait a couple months, then show the rest. What's wrong with filming and showing a whole season at once? I understand with the costs of production and stuff it can take longer, its just frustrating.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #48
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Quote:
I'm really curious why the black woman gets away with not having zombies attack her. She even seemed surprised by the ones that walked by her, even though she had 2 on chains when we were first introduced to her that did not go after her.

she was covered in zombie guts, masking her human smell and appearence. The two zombies chained to her could not go after her... she removed their jaws (supressing the zombies apetites) and removed their arms. The scientist explained this when she was originally brought to that Town.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #49
LJJ
Extra Cheese

I'm with the armor argument. Protect your hands and forearms and now you can grab a zombie by the neck, or even shove your forearm or fist in their mouth without too much concern over bites. That seems like a huge bonus to me.

Having a pair of these when you are planning to fight zombies up close seems like a logical thing:
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #50
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
she was covered in zombie guts, masking her human smell and appearence. The two zombies chained to her could not go after her... she removed their jaws (supressing the zombies apetites) and removed their arms. The scientist explained this when she was originally brought to that Town.

I must have missed the part about removing their jaws suppressing the zombies appetite. I'd think the zombies would still go after her, but not be able to successfully bite her.

And to the guts thing, it didn't seem like she had enough on her at any given moment. Didn't the smell of humans eventually come through in that episode in season 1, or am I misremembering that.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #51
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
I must have missed the part about removing their jaws suppressing the zombies appetite. I'd think the zombies would still go after her, but not be able to successfully bite her.

And to the guts thing, it didn't seem like she had enough on her at any given moment. Didn't the smell of humans eventually come through in that episode in season 1, or am I misremembering that.
she had them on a pole too....keeping the zombies away from her. just enjoy the show and don't put too much thought into every little details. the show isn't based on a true story.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #52
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:

In season one I believe it started to rain heavily, which washed away a lot of the guts or the smell of it.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #53
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm with the armor argument. Protect your hands and forearms and now you can grab a zombie by the neck, or even shove your forearm or fist in their mouth without too much concern over bites. That seems like a huge bonus to me.

Having a pair of these when you are planning to fight zombies up close seems like a logical thing:

Do you know how annoying those would be to wear every single day of your life.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #54
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
she had them on a pole too....keeping the zombies away from her. just enjoy the show and don't put too much thought into every little details. the show isn't based on a true story.

Oh, didn't see the pole. Only saw the chains.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #55
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Do you know how annoying those would be to wear every single day of your life.

1. You don't have to wear them every single day
2. Would you rather risk your life?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #56
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

This show has finally lost me. It's not even necessarily bad now, just not near what it was in S1. S3 so far is certainly a cut above last year's debacle, but even so it's not worth tuning into for me anymore. A show like this, you stop caring about the characters, and it's over.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #57
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #58
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
This show has finally lost me. It's not even necessarily bad now, just not near what it was in S1. S3 so far is certainly a cut above last year's debacle, but even so it's not worth tuning into for me anymore. A show like this, you stop caring about the characters, and it's over.

What exactly is forcing you to stop caring about these characters? For example, if Daryl dies..that wouldn't provoke any thoughts in your head?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #59
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
1. You don't have to wear them every single day
2. Would you rather risk your life?

That's what I'm saying.

They don't have to wear all of this protective gear 24/7. They know when they may need it, they can use it then. While they're in their prison cells they're good. But when they have to go out to get supplies, it might be a good thing to throw something on for that hour.

In season 1 episode 2 called 'Guts' Rick and others wore zombie blood and guts to protect themselves from a huge group of zombies and it worked. Again, why not have a special suit with blood and guts? They have tons of zombies laying around, just cut one open and use their guts and blood. Take it off later, wash it, do the same thing when they're going on a mission, no big deal.

I don't buy the whole "hinders mobility" nonsense. It aint like they're robots and shit, it aint like they're wearing tin can suits, it aint like real soldiers out on combat fighting against moving targets can't run and move even with pounds of gear on their back, it aint like football players with helmet and shoulder pads aren't mobile and don't have peripheral vision. These zombies are slow as hell, if they can't see them coming from behind cause they're wearing a football helmet then they wouldn't have seen them without it. If they get in a situation in which they get mobbed by many at a time, at least they're protected enough to possibly buy them some time. If they don't have anything, and they get mobbed they're f*cked anyway. They don't have to be ninja-like vs these slow fuhkers.

Besides, who cares if they have to wear 24/7.

I'd rather be alive than be uncomfortable for a while.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #60
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
What exactly is forcing you to stop caring about these characters? For example, if Daryl dies..that wouldn't provoke any thoughts in your head?
I just think a lack of interest in the show in general combined with substandard character development has just made it difficult for me to give a damn about any one of the characters. Can't put my finger on it exactly.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: