Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #721
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
It is like the bird flu or SARS. Think of the people in Asia panicking and wearing masks everywhere. Every time something like that spreads, they need to make a new vaccine to match the virus. In this world, who is there to make said vaccine? That means that it will spread more. Essentially, this is like the old days now. Think of all the people who died of diarrhea back in the day.

I get it.

People actually died from diarrhea??? Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I've never heard of anyone dying from diarrhea.

The group need to invest in some good masks
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #722
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I caught up last night. I'm going with the weird girl as the zombie feeder. Good spot on the flashlight being too high to be a kid, but I'd pass that off as artistic liscense from the DP. It allows them to put those facial closeups on camera.

As for the bodies being dragged out, I'm gonn take a stab and say it's the black girl. It does almost have to be someone that was sitting on that council. And when they showed the council, my first thought was that it was odd that she was there. Everyone else is from the beginning.
She obviouisly is in on the coughing stuff and the isolation. She's been established as being pretty bad ass on that trip out to the shopping center. They even went out of their way to point out how she's always been bossing her brother around, and how she's more bad than he is. I'm guessing she did it in secret to protect her brother who she knew couldn't stay away, while knowing it wouldn't be something the group wouldn't allow.

Just a guess.

It could also be the doctor guy, or the black military doctor, who both seem to know what's going on.

I was also a little choked up about the pigs.

I've liked this season pretty good so far. I like the viral threat. I like that it makes anyone a ticking time bomb. I like that it can penetrate their security, so it's not just a whole season of people fixing fences frantically. I hope that Governor story line doesn't get to far.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #723
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Great episode. Had a healthy mix of action and drama. Rick and the piglets, Michonne and the baby, the two little girls watching their dad die. RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

Best part was Carl getting his gun back. Rick is still a little delusional thinking they're all gonna be hippy farmers and live happily ever after. Does he forget that Carl saved his ass when he dome-pieced Zombie Shane? That kid deserves a gun.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #724
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I get it.

People actually died from diarrhea??? Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I've never heard of anyone dying from diarrhea.

The group need to invest in some good masks

Well, technically diarrhea is a symptom, but back in the day they didn't know what was causing the diarrhea so they just referred to them as dying of diarrhea, when it was usually some undetermined stomach virus/infection/bacteria. Living in a post apocalyptic world is probably more likely to have people eating food that is not as sanitary (I imagine Ecoli would be worse in their world) and they wouldn't have good access to meds and vaccinations to help treat them. Even if they do get into a pharmacy (which is still limited since I'm sure Fed Ex won't help them if they are out of stock), they still don't have the lab equipment or knowledge to figure out what the problem is to even determine what meds to use. Having Hershall helps, but he will be limited because he is a vet and doesn't have all the lab equipment. Moral of the story, the percentage of deaths in their world would be hire than ours even if zombies weren't in the show.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #725
MP.Trey
Kyrieeee & L-Traaaaiin

MP.Trey has a near all-star reputation hereMP.Trey has a near all-star reputation hereMP.Trey has a near all-star reputation hereMP.Trey has a near all-star reputation hereMP.Trey has a near all-star reputation hereMP.Trey has a near all-star reputation here

I agree with Thorpe. I'm leaning towards the black girl on the council burning the bodies. Either her or the military doctor, who could be feeding the walkers instead. Could be my inner racist coming out but I think they're the most suspicious to me so far this season.
MP.Trey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #726
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
s1 was like a movie. it felt like they had a whole city to themselves and empty suburbs, like a huge area to survive in. s2 was almost all on a farm. s3 seems like its going to be mostly prison but at least its way better so far than s2.

and they've seemingly let amateurs direct shows after they got rid of Darabont. like the guy now used to be a story board guy or something like that they promoted(he's not bad tho). and i think they had other noob directors/writers for different episodes during S2.
Yeah, the drop in quality is palpable.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #727
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This show is overrated and overhyped. It is good at suspense i can admit, but there are quite a number of things that are thrown in that don't make much sense. Still solid show though.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #728
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
I agree with Thorpe. I'm leaning towards the black girl on the council burning the bodies. Either her or the military doctor, who could be feeding the walkers instead. Could be my inner racist coming out but I think they're the most suspicious to me so far this season.

Damn bro

Thorpe makes a good point but I just don't see the black chick doing that.

Like someone stated I think that chick with bracelet did it and is still alive.

Also my girl thinks the Governor is behind it and that he's been living in the prison and been feeding the zombies.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #729
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

What's with the Carol hate? Am I the only one who thinks she's actually doing the sensible thing? you can't hold kids hands in this world, it's either you live or you die. Pretty much the same thing Shane got shitted on for except he turned out to be right.

Oh and I think it's someone on the council that burned the bodies for sure. Seems like a triggering point for Rick to come back into the mix.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #730
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
What's with the Carol hate? Am I the only one who thinks she's actually doing the sensible thing? you can't hold kids hands in this world, it's either you live or you die. Pretty much the same thing Shane got shitted on for except he turned out to be right.

Oh and I think it's someone on the council that burned the bodies for sure. Seems like a triggering point for Rick to come back into the mix.
I wonder what's the plan though. Is that the Colonel doing his thang trying to kill everybody or is it a new bad guy?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #731
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I wonder what's the plan though. Is that the Colonel doing his thang trying to kill everybody or is it a new bad guy?

You mean the governer? He's going to come back at some point in the season apparently.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #732
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As much as I dislike the character of The Governor, he has to come back for closure reasons. But he better not have snuck into the prison because that would be a stupid explanation.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #733
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You mean the governer? He's going to come back at some point in the season apparently.
Oh it was the governor? I forgot his title apparently.

But yes I was talking about him.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #734
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Oh it was the governor? I forgot his title apparently.

But yes I was talking about him.

No probs,

When all the comic geeks were talking about the Governor I literally thought Jesse the Body was gonna be on this show
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #735
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Damn bro

Thorpe makes a good point but I just don't see the black chick doing that.

Like someone stated I think that chick with bracelet did it and is still alive.

Also my girl thinks the Governor is behind it and that he's been living in the prison and been feeding the zombies.

Interesting. That could lead to a great storyline
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: