Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #751
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Damn. Carol is annoying

I like her. She is a no BS person. I was hoping she would try to kill Rick.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #752
DuMa
Canned

Carol's gonna end up with the governor
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #753
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Carol's gonna end up with the governor

I thought that as well.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #754
Myth

Chris Jericho makes perfect comparisons. He compared Carol to Walter White (she was walked all over and always a victim, but developed into a person who will kill somebody to protect herself without batting an eye or feeling guilty). He also said that Carl is the John Connor of this show.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #755
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

I lol'd at the booze in the bag scene. It was like watching one of those "very special episodes" from the sitcoms when I was a kid.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #756
alenleomessi
W

im not really digging the season so far.. characters are becoming boring we really need some crazy shit to happen
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #757
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
You got to take it all with a grain of salt. Think about it. There are army bunkers on patrol 24hrs preparing for intelligent army attack. Thousands of military patrolling the sea. Remote areas with ample time to prepare and terrain unreachable. A zombie takeover is 99.9% not likely. This would never happen to begin with.

Have fun and enjoy the premise of a zombie takeover. It's all in good fun. It's just as much a fantasy as GoT.

I dont know. Not meaning I think zombies are real/will be real. But that im not sure we stop them easily if an outbreak happened in real life.

Ever real World War Z? Book the movie was based on. Book explains it much better. Its literally just a series of interviews with people on how the outbreak was allowed when it would have been stopped quickly if anyone took it serious.

Only one of these things id call realistic. The army wouldnt believe you if you said you saw a zombie. Nobody would until there were to many to deny. By then its too late.

Ive always thought that in these shows/moviespeople should mob up. Like....200-300 deep and just go straight at the problem. The 28 days later or World War Z(movie not book) zombies that can run and have something like super strength would be a problem.

Slow shuffling Walking Dead zombies? 200 people walking in a line with swords/spears in good formation with maybe the second row having long spears to hold them off from the front...they could go through thousands of zombies a day and clear out a small town.

But of course nobody would stick together. People are too ready to run wild when society breaks down.I was in a Burlington Coat Factory once and there was a brief power outage. Im talking like 2 minutes. People just picked up clothes and walked out like it was fine.

It took 2 minutes of no power to turn normal people shopping for clothes into looters.

Not many. Most of us just waited to see if it would be back soon. But 2-3 people just stole shit.

People are scum. They cant wait to **** each other over. We would never have the cooperation to fight zombies if it came down to it.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #758
eriX
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I dont know. Not meaning I think zombies are real/will be real. But that im not sure we stop them easily if an outbreak happened in real life.

Ever real World War Z? Book the movie was based on. Book explains it much better. Its literally just a series of interviews with people on how the outbreak was allowed when it would have been stopped quickly if anyone took it serious.

Only one of these things id call realistic. The army wouldnt believe you if you said you saw a zombie. Nobody would until there were to many to deny. By then its too late.

Ive always thought that in these shows/moviespeople should mob up. Like....200-300 deep and just go straight at the problem. The 28 days later or World War Z(movie not book) zombies that can run and have something like super strength would be a problem.

Slow shuffling Walking Dead zombies? 200 people walking in a line with swords/spears in good formation with maybe the second row having long spears to hold them off from the front...they could go through thousands of zombies a day and clear out a small town.

But of course nobody would stick together. People are too ready to run wild when society breaks down.I was in a Burlington Coat Factory once and there was a brief power outage. Im talking like 2 minutes. People just picked up clothes and walked out like it was fine.

It took 2 minutes of no power to turn normal people shopping for clothes into looters.

Not many. Most of us just waited to see if it would be back soon. But 2-3 people just stole shit.

People are scum. They cant wait to **** each other over. We would never have the cooperation to fight zombies if it came down to it.

In reference to the zombies. If it were to happen i don't think zombies will be as fast as the ones in world war Z, the zombies are still human after all and we do have a limit and unless the virus actually strengths the host which i dont think is even possible now.

Another thing is, wouldn't zombies eventually decompose so much that nothing is left? our muslces won't be there if we don't feed ourselves for like 3months, by then you would literally have nothing but bones, like what are they sustaining themselves with here...
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #759
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Another really good episode. Very good character development that isn't over the top or inexplicable this season. I also like how each season has taken a different tone.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #760
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I haven't seen World War Z but in TWD, I'm sure our Navy Fleet alone would eradicate this problem. They are out at sea. I'm sure there is a protected area that can send them a transmission and have this problem cleared up
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #761
DuMa
Canned

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #762
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

The navy? Nah.

What about the Midwest?

And even the places near the sea....they just fire missles into the mainland and hope to wipe out zombies? In this world(TWD) everyone who dies comes back. So you kill a million people in NYC and make like 800 thousand extra zombies because not everyone who dies in an explosion has their brain destroyed. Most don't in fact.

WWZ(book) had a great chapter on why conventional warfare wouldn't work on zombies.

Quote:
Several elements of the United States Armed Forces were deployed along the Saw Mill River Parkway in North Yonkers. While the parkway served as a natural choke point (the only intelligent tactic that military leadership employed, as described by a surviving veteran), it made no difference in the final result. Utilizing antiquated tactics dating back to the Cold War, positions were prepared in such ways as digging tank emplacements, building barriers out of sandbags, and in foxholes. The zombie hordes from the city were lured into the choke point by the handful of refugees still fleeing towards the army's position, and due to the chain swarm effect, gradually the entire New York City infestation, numbering in the millions, was headed towards Yonkers.
When zombies first began to trickle down the freeway, the opening salvos were fired - two MLRS rocket barrages which destroyed a significant percentage of the first wave but ultimately made few kills zombies with limbs and torsos blown off could still advance so long as they had an intact brain and some means to drag themselves forward. As the undead became more tightly packed, the MLRS lost effectiveness, with the thick swarms of zombies reducing the possibility of a head wound significantly. The second barrage came from M109 Paladin artillery stationed on a hill to the rear of the infantry. They fired fragmentation shells which had even less of an effect than the MLRS barrages. The artillery strikes depended on the "balloon effect," which by proximity to an explosion would cause the liquid in the victim's body to burst. This did not occur, however, because of the zombie's coagulated blood. Therefore, SNT (Sudden Nerve Trauma), which "just shuts down vital organs like God flickin' a light switch," did not happen either.[1]

It was an interesting read. Bombs in real life kill people not by the flames or getting knocked back but the sudden pressure differences and shock to the nerves. A zombie would have to have a huge head wound.

You would need teams of soldiers trained for nothing but headshots working 24/7 in teams of a few hundred to clear out a gang of zombies in NY and it would take months I bet. They are trapped in houses....laying injured in wait. They are in cars and in the subway system. New people are turning when they die of the resulting starvation/disease....if its winter....from exposure when utilities shut down.

How does the navy fleet stop 190,000 zombies waiting in homes of the elderly people who froze to death in a Michigan winter without heat too afraid to go out?

It would take cooperation the likes of which has never been seen on earth to fight a zombie outbreak. It would take every nation fighting smart...together...ruthless...it just wouldn't work. Not quickly
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #763
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Lol this show has gotten way to emotional and about what's supposed to be morally correct. Who the f*ck cares, show me more blood, guts, strategies to keep zombies away.

Wtf is up with that niqqa Tyrese tho? Was the puzzy that good???? Gawd damn kill urself already and get it over with Im tired of seeing this emotional train wreck b*tch. He knew the b*tch for like 2 weeks

Best thing about the latest episode was Carol leaving. Was hoping she'd get raped by zombies or something to that effect. Guess this will do
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #764
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Wtf is up with that niqqa Tyrese tho? Was the puzzy that good???? Gawd damn kill urself already and get it over with Im tired of seeing this emotional train wreck b*tch. He knew the b*tch for like 2 weeks

It's a zombie apocalypse bruh. For all we know, she was the hottest woman left on the face of the earth. Good puzzy is hard to come by
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #765
Out_In_Utah
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
It's a zombie apocalypse bruh. For all we know, she was the hottest woman left on the face of the earth. Good puzzy is hard to come by

Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: