Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #826
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

i enjoyed the one episode reconnecting the gub's journey since s3 finale. but do we really need another episode (based on next week's preview)? i guess theyre gonna milk this thing for all its worth.

cant help but think theres gonna be some outrage if they dont show some rick, daryl or maggie next week. theyre obviously the fan favorites of the show.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #827
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i enjoyed the one episode reconnecting the gub's journey since s3 finale. but do we really need another episode (based on next week's preview)? i guess theyre gonna milk this thing for all its worth.

cant help but think theres gonna be some outrage if they dont show some rick, daryl or maggie next week. theyre obviously the fan favorites of the show.

The previous episode felt like it was 1 before a season finale. I even looked up last week to check and was surprised that there were multiple episodes. That kind of makes me think that we will have Governor focused episodes until the finale when they meet up.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #828
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Fantastic episode.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #829
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I'm done with this show!

I don't care about the freaking governor.

This episode was boring and the governor is a horrible villain.

All that's gonna happen now is that he gonna take over this new group and go after Rick's group. He's gonna die at the end and rick's group gonna be on the run.

I really don't like this dudes character. A whole hour about a guy that isn't the main character.

I wish they would've just stuck to the comic book.

People must really like the governor. That's the only reason I can see for them to prolong this arc.

This dude supposed to be some kinda "badass" but he can't even handle a few walkers on his own

I feel like we have to be watching different shows. Dude goes through zombies like the ****ing Juggernaut.

You miss him trapped in that factory by Andrea in a swarm and make it out? Or last night in a hole beating them to death with his bare hands? Guy literally punched through a zombies face, ripped anothers throat out, and tore ones head in half with another zombies bone.

But he cant handle walkers on his own? What hes supposed to do fire a Kamahameha?

He and Tyrese have been going through zombies like a firehose through cotton candy.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #830
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I feel like we have to be watching different shows. Dude goes through zombies like the ****ing Juggernaut.

You miss him trapped in that factory by Andrea in a swarm and make it out? Or last night in a hole beating them to death with his bare hands? Guy literally punched through a zombies face, ripped anothers throat out, and tore ones head in half with another zombies bone.

But he cant handle walkers on his own? What hes supposed to do fire a Kamahameha?

He and Tyrese have been going through zombies like a firehose through cotton candy.

I think he's referring to the scene where the Governor kind of brushes aside a zombie instead of fighting it and it falls over (before he meets the girls) and also when he is in the retirement home.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #831
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

I liked this episode. I've been pretty unpleased with The Governor since his introduction as well, but this was far more compelling than anything they've done with him up to now. Adding a sympathetic angle with this family helps a lot.

I will say this though, there are some storytelling flaws here in not resolving the Rick Darryl thing over what's her name more quickly. Especially if they go another whole week following the gov., although I can't believe they'd let that happen. They have to address it next week.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #832
sixerfan82
College star

Again, this thread never fails to disappoint..

An issue doesn't get resolved within 2 minutes? Show sucks
The guy who is clearly without much strength at all, chooses to sneak by a walker instead of fight? Show sucks

Unfortunately, a TV show can't be balls to the walls action for 1 hour, there are other important aspects of storytelling that need to occur.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #833
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I'm done with this show!

I don't care about the freaking governor.

This episode was boring and the governor is a horrible villain.

All that's gonna happen now is that he gonna take over this new group and go after Rick's group. He's gonna die at the end and rick's group gonna be on the run.

I really don't like this dudes character. A whole hour about a guy that isn't the main character.

I wish they would've just stuck to the comic book.

People must really like the governor. That's the only reason I can see for them to prolong this arc.

This dude supposed to be some kinda "badass" but he can't even handle a few walkers on his own

Say what? Did you not see him wipe out 4-5 of them with his bare fvcking hands after he had fallen into that pit? That's legitimately one of the most badass instances on this show.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #834
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I liked the episode and them giving a back log of what happened to The Governor. I'm curious why he comes back to the prison. To get his revenge?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #835
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I liked the episode and them giving a back log of what happened to The Governor. I'm curious why he comes back to the prison. To get his revenge?
If someone took my eye out for whatever reason, I'd want to get even
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #836
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
If someone took my eye out for whatever reason, I'd want to get even
I understand that, I'm just wondering why it leads up to that. He seemingly found something more to live for. He was in the dump for months it looked like wandering around with no purpose to live. Then he finds that family and a girl that reminds him of his little girl.

I like how he's the villain, but they gave a logical reason of why he's a villain. He went insane because he lost his family and.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #837
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Quote:
I think he's referring to the scene where the Governor kind of brushes aside a zombie instead of fighting it and it falls over (before he meets the girls) and also when he is in the retirement home.

This. I guess it seemed like that cause he was still in his "depression" state.

When he was in the pit and had to protect the girl he did his thing but Everyone from rick's main group seems like they can handle themselves better against zombies than the governor(probably because they was always on the run)

Also I really want them to just kill the Governor off and move on from the prison.

I don't want them to drag this out for another season.

Governor should've been resolved last season
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #838
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I understand that, I'm just wondering why it leads up to that. He seemingly found something more to live for. He was in the dump for months it looked like wandering around with no purpose to live. Then he finds that family and a girl that reminds him of his little girl.

Well, maybe he is thinking that in addition to revenge, he thinks he can make the prison a place for his new group.

Also, anybody think he will kill his former sidekick? Commercial looks like the sidekick wants to be in charge, so the Governor will probably kill him to be the leader again. I'm also curious how he covers his lie about his name.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #839
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

CROSS MY HEART...

gives him a reason to live for. I doubt he changes his ways, but no one would blame him if he did.
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #840
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Well, maybe he is thinking that in addition to revenge, he thinks he can make the prison a place for his new group.

Also, anybody think he will kill his former sidekick? Commercial looks like the sidekick wants to be in charge, so the Governor will probably kill him to be the leader again. I'm also curious how he covers his lie about his name.
I don't watch the commercials/previews for any next show. I found it last season when I didn't watch the previews for the next episode it made watching the new episode so much more enjoyable when you have no idea what's going to happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: