Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #826
Shade8780
ross

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

What an episode. I was very happy with this season so far until I saw the Governor at the end and the preview for the next episode When will he just ****ing die?! Such a boring and annoying character.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #827
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
What an episode. I was very happy with this season so far until I saw the Governor at the end and the preview for the next episode When will he just ****ing die?! Such a boring and annoying character.

He's been toned down dramatically for TV, he's not a boring character per comics. There's just certain things you can't put on TV.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #828
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
This. The show has it's faults, but the nerd rage is hilarious. Posters claim that it's worst show on tv and they'll never watch it again but then continue to post about it every week.

Moving on the Guvna's back!

Indeed.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #829
Shade8780
ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
He's been toned down dramatically for TV, he's not a boring character per comics. There's just certain things you can't put on TV.
Let me rephrase it.

He makes the show boring as hell. **** the Governor.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #830
oh the horror
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
The Governor character doesn't make sense. How did he become Billy the Bad ass?

I believe the character is the contrast of Rick.

One struggles with difficult decisions to retain humanity while the other is what happens when you abandon that humanity.

The governor ultimately has allowed himself to slip down a dark path in this new world regardless of whoever he was before the apocalypse.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #831
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Let me rephrase it.

He makes the show boring as hell. **** the Governor.

let me rephrase, you're experiencing a filtered version of an awesome character, which in turn makes him less exciting than he would normally be.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #832
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Random observation: The crew has been known to do some ridiculous things, but why leave all that ammo in the open like that? It's not as if they are in Arizona where it never rains.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #833
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the Governor is by far the most interesting and unique character.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #834
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I guess I'm the only one who thinks the Governor is by far the most interesting and unique character.
Yes. haha. Seriously though, all the hype for that silly ass character? (Relax people, I'm just trying to make a point..)

I think the problem with last season was they were leaving out too many cliff-hangers -- "Look! Andrea is about to go inside a warehouse!" ... & then the episode ends ...
It'just nothing to get thrilled about. Whereas in half of season 2, they were looking for Sophia, so her whereabouts were keeping us viewers busy/curious. But in season 3, a dude keeping zombie heads in a private room isn't really something to get thrilled about, is it strange/bizarre? Yeah. I do not know if they could have pulled it out much better, but the way they did season 3 was so "meh".

Just sayin, though. I think the Governor will do a complete 180 & betry the crew in the end ... he'll kill Daryl, maybe? Leave Daryl to die?

I hope not.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #835
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Just sayin, though. I think the Governor will do a complete 180 & betry the crew in the end ... he'll kill Daryl, maybe? Leave Daryl to die?

I hope not.

They won't kill Daryl. When they say "Everybody is expendable," they mean "Everybody who is not vital to ratings is expendable." I know a ton of people (girls) who would completely stop watching if Daryl died, and the creators are not dumb enough to do that. Hershall can die, Maggie can die, Carol can die, etc. Rick and Daryl won't die until it is close to the end of the series because of losing viewers, even if it were to add something more to the story.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #836
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
They won't kill Daryl. When they say "Everybody is expendable," they mean "Everybody who is not vital to ratings is expendable." I know a ton of people (girls) who would completely stop watching if Daryl died, and the creators are not dumb enough to do that. Hershall can die, Maggie can die, Carol can die, etc. Rick and Daryl won't die until it is close to the end of the series because of losing viewers, even if it were to add something more to the story.
Hell yeah. I was just saying, that maybe something shocking like that could revive the show's atmosphere to where it was (if that even the right term, lol). It doesn't really have to involve someone dying, just something fascinating to us. The last episode was so good, it got me up.

Another thing that was bothering was that Tyrese scene 2-3 weeks ago where he magically saved his ass from those zombies. Seriously? wtf?

At the end of the day, it's still #TWD, & I love this show.

"Norman Reedus is way too cute to die..."
lol feel me?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #837
Flash31
Local High School Star

That little girl Lizzie just DID NOT SEEM SICK AT ALL.

Something is up with her still I believe.

Everybody is coughing,nearly dying in the cell and she's walking around looking fine and fake "coughing" once or twice,and then making the walker follow you like a dog or little kid like he's not even dangerous,come on.

And then the way she looked at Glenn with the knife she got from Carol,
something's really up with her.

Oh and fck the GUVNA.I got tired of seeing him last season with the beyond idiotic Andrea and the extremely idiotic,mentally challenged,facepalm worthy actions she was doing,and the episodes with him just dragged and dragged and dragged.
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #838
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
That little girl Lizzie just DID NOT SEEM SICK AT ALL.

Something is up with her still I believe.

Everybody is coughing,nearly dying in the cell and she's walking around looking fine and fake "coughing" once or twice,and then making the walker follow you like a dog or little kid like he's not even dangerous,come on.

And then the way she looked at Glenn with the knife she got from Carol,
something's really up with her.

Oh and fck the GUVNA.I got tired of seeing him last season with the beyond idiotic Andrea and the extremely idiotic,mentally challenged,facepalm worthy actions she was doing,and the episodes with him just dragged and dragged and dragged.

She thinks walkers are still people and that it's better to be a walker, that's why she pretended to be sick so she can actually get sick and turn into one. I get that you might find it hard to see some people you knew as walkers but feeding them ( it's obvious it was her who did it ) and risking the lives of othere survivors is just ****ed up. I wish that someone ( hoping it's Carl ) will kill her but for some reason I think she's going to survive in this season.
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #839
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

The Governor looked like Danny Trejo in the comics.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #840
TheReal Kendall
Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
The Governor looked like Danny Trejo in the comics.

He did.

Danny Trejo would've been a better villian than this dude
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: