Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #871
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

This season is better than season 2

Come on now.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #872
Himan12
On the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I disagree. We got to see what happened with the Governor and we didn't get to see a war last season. We got to see The Governor going in all cocky and getting f*cked up and no one honestly died.

I like the season so far.

Maybe not a proper head to head battle, but we got plenty of skirmishes. Besides the end of the current episode and preview for the next one. There was literally nothing this season had going on that was exciting or leaving you wanting more. The walkers are a joke now, rick got over his doubt, and the flu killed a bunch of filler characters.

They are stationary and just fix the fence and go on runs outside where they get attack by some walkers and are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror

Come on now.

Not really sure, even though they spent the whole season looking for sophia (that really killed the season), the walkers were still a real threat, shane was challenging rick and they had just come off the road so it was a nice change of pace.

Still didn't like the season as a whole as it didn't have enough going on.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #873
DuMa
Canned

so an one eyed guy shows up to your camp, your 2 leaders mysteriously die and the guy becomes your leader....

WAKE UP YOU SHEEP
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #874
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

The writers think their audiences are dumb.

I think it just shows that I used to be so excited for Sundays, now it's like 'The Walking Dead is on?, okay....'
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #875
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror

Come on now.

It has become an obligation of mine that every time something like this is said, I need to point out that season 2 was the best season of the show. #teamshane
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #876
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

#teamshane
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #877
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Real convenient that the governor takes over another group in just one episode and finds rick's group at the end of the very same episode.

He didn't find them. He just...walked over there. Not like he didn't know they were there. His first group had been at the prison before Ricks got there. Remember they told Rick it was overrun when they checked on it? Hes been out in those woods/that area longer than Rick has been awake. He was in a coma while the governor was setting up a town down the street from the prison. Think he forgot where he had a massive battle?

He saw the zombie walk up and almost kill his new daughter so he decided to check on the prison which is a lot easier to secure.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #878
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

This season has been great so far. Not sure how you could think that it isn't to be honest.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #879
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

These past two episodes have been by far the best work the show has done with the Governor character since he was introduced. His rise to power did feel a little rushed, but I can live with that. At least the character is coming off with some charisma, which he totally lacked in Woodberry (I noticed the doctor from Woodberry as the lawyer in Dallas Buyers Club. He has a beard. 80s Texas livin' must be harder than Zombie Apocalypse livin' in Woodberry).

I have also enjoyed this time away from Rick and the Gang. It was a respite the show needed, although I really disagree with the decision to leave the Daryl Rick situation over Carol unresolved before going into this Gov stretch. It's going to feel cold when they come back to it, and they're going to have to explain some overlapping timelines. It's just clumsy at this point to me. Maybe they'll surprise me.

I do think the show has made a nice effort, even though it often feels forced, to jam in a zombie set piece or two ever episode. It's almost like they had this brainstorming meeting before the season, and came up with as many cool zombie situations as they could, and now when they write an episode, they pull at least one episode off the board for each script. The scout camp, and the zombie mud pit especially, both seemed to come off the board this week. And while they often feel a little displaced from the story, they're at least consistent in giving something week to week by doing it this way.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #880
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

I didn't think the Governor's rise to power felt all that rushed. He was immediately in the inner circle of leadership due to his history with Martinez, then he took out the other leader and scared that one guy into submission leaving a void.

People are scared, they'll take a confident leader where they can find one. And everyone knows he's seen some shit, been around the block so to speak, so I'm sure they trust he knows how to handle himself.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #881
eriX
Good High School Starter

pretty obvious this was gonna happen from the start.

Lets guess whos gonna die in this exchange?

Obvious survivors - Rick, Darryl, Carl, the little girl,
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #882
Biggums
itchy

Loving the Gov episodes too, brutal and it really shows how messed up the Gov is. Huge improvement from last Season, he went from an intolerable villain to one of the most interesting characters in just 2 episodes.
Biggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #883
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

For people who are so overly critical, what do you expect? Nonstop zombie slashing and running?

I like the fact that we've gotten a full dose of the Governor's character and why he back the person he is. Heck, we know more about him than we do any other character, including Rick.

*Would you have taking supplies from that other camp like Miguel Alvarez (Oz) suggested?

Last edited by Tarik One : 11-25-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #884
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Just as a side note for those saying Governor rose to power too quick, Rick became the leader pretty quick in his group by having an inside track too.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #885
sixerfan82
College star

http://www.amazon.com/Gangsters-Guns...ns+and+zombies

I've gone and found a movie with lots of brainless action in it to satisfy half of the occupants of this thread.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: