Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #901
dr.hee
Decent college freshman

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
For people who are so overly critical, what do you expect? Nonstop zombie slashing and running?

I like the fact that we've gotten a full dose of the Governor's character and why he back the person he is. Heck, we know more about him than we do any other character, including Rick.

This. Now I wouldn't say the last 2 episodes have been perfect, but it feels like there has been more emphasis on character development in this season than in the first 3 combined. Was never that high on Walking Dead in general, felt like somewhat of a waste of potential, but this season is a pleasant surprise. Looks like the showrunners have a clear direction, which is something I didn't really notice with seasons 1-3. Just didn't care about any of the characters, so any attempt to focus on persons rather than gimmicks is a good thing. The show grows on me, let's see where they're going with this arc from here.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #902
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Just as a side note for those saying Governor rose to power too quick, Rick became the leader pretty quick in his group by having an inside track too.

Rick was a sheriff that's why they trusted him and wanted him to be the leader.

I knew the Gov was gonna take over the group.

The thing is if he just killed my brother I would want revenge.

He killed dude from Oz brother and dude just bitched up.

Also that lake is gonna be his trophy room now
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #903
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Rick was a sheriff that's why they trusted him and wanted him to be the leader.

I knew the Gov was gonna take over the group.

The thing is if he just killed my brother I would want revenge.

He killed dude from Oz brother and dude just bitched up.

Also that lake is gonna be his trophy room now
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #904
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
This. Now I wouldn't say the last 2 episodes have been perfect, but it feels like there has been more emphasis on character development in this season than in the first 3 combined. Was never that high on Walking Dead in general, felt like somewhat of a waste of potential, but this season is a pleasant surprise. Looks like the showrunners have a clear direction, which is something I didn't really notice with seasons 1-3. Just didn't care about any of the characters, so any attempt to focus on persons rather than gimmicks is a good thing. The show grows on me, let's see where they're going with this arc from here.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Governer but I do agree with the direction of character development. I knew the Governer was going to come back with a new group and I like the fact that the show took the time to build on this story instead of him just showing up at the prison with a new gang. I actually liked the 2nd Governer episode better than the first.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #905
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Kind of hope the Governor kills off the prison group.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #906
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
Pretty bad season, pacing is slow and all the major storylines are boring. Real convenient that the governor takes over another group in just one episode and finds rick's group at the end of the very same episode.

And now we get another war we have seen. I didn't expect another season could be worse than season 2 but so far this one seems to be on track.
Talking about convenient, they have a tank and a guy who drives it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
It has become an obligation of mine that every time something like this is said, I need to point out that season 2 was the best season of the show. #teamshane
#teamshane
Season 2
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #907
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

bump
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #908
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Holy shit what the ****ing ****. Those two little girls became my favorite characters all of a sudden. Taking out the two approaching gunmen with a single shot each. So basically only one main character died. Judith is still alive, has to be. Probably with Carol. Carol probably got her and got on the bus, driving away.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #909
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Holy shit what the ****ing ****. Those two little girls became my favorite characters all of a sudden. Taking out the two approaching gunmen with a single shot each. So basically only one main character died. Judith is still alive, has to be. Probably with Carol. Carol probably got her and got on the bus, driving away.

DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #910
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

two major characters died.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #911
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
two major characters died.

I mean in regards to the prison group. But yeah it was brutal as ****.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #912
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Every person I see the Gov kill reminds me of how Rick coulda ended it all in that meeting or Michonne coulda ended it but they both chose not to. Hated seeing you know who get killed but you knew it was coming.

Once again Carl had the right idea about ending it again, he had a clear shot and I think he woulda popped the Gov honestly.

Carl turned into one mentally strong dude, farcry from the kid he once was, Shane taught him well, Rick, too.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #913
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
I mean in regards to the prison group. But yeah it was brutal as ****.

Ah. I'm curious to see how the 2nd half of the season goes. I have a feeling we'll have a new setting for season 5(of which the show has already been renewed).
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #914
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What a great mid-season finale. A lot of things happened that I was hoping for.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #915
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

At the end of the episode the survivors are all splintered into separate groups.....Glenn and co. on the bus. Maggie, Sasha, and Bob together. Rick and Carl together. Tyrese chased after the little girls. Michonne disappeared on her own after owning TG. Darryl and Beth ran off together. I'm betting the second half of the season will be the aftermath and the separate groups trying to survive and find each other.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: