Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #961
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

worst parts of this show is when they try and kill time with stupid made up character social drama, basically all of S2 more or less garbage. its not even interesting even tho some people over psycho-analyze it all. Carl going off on his own and getting in over his head seemed so unrealistically inept, while Rick looking like he might be a zombie seemed so lighting forced drama, which basically sums up the whole episode.

it just felt like they created these plots just to kill time and save money which they do way too much with this show. characters acting stupid is normal for these shows but it kills me how they do that to make plot for episodes.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #962
mr.big35
Banned

it was weak episode. no one gets truly separated in walking dead.
mr.big35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #963
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I'm the only person who liked the episode?
No I like it as well.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #964
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:

It was a good episode. A nice change of pace from the action sequences, which lets face it(cant be every 5 minutes).

It looks like we'll have another 2-3 episodes of them on the road again like they were in season 1 and then we'll be back int the search for another 'home'

It's nice to see them develop some of the characters some more, such as michonne and carl. Hopefully beth will get some more screen time before they decide what to do with her.

But yes, it was a good episode which transitioned well from the midseason finale.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #965
alenleomessi
W

no daryl and i watched it after true detective = double meh
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #966
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
No I like it as well.

Me too. It was touching when Michonne found Rick and Carl and started laughing and crying. Just sheer joy.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #967
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
It was a good episode. A nice change of pace from the action sequences, which lets face it(cant be every 5 minutes).

It looks like we'll have another 2-3 episodes of them on the road again like they were in season 1 and then we'll be back int the search for another 'home'

It's nice to see them develop some of the characters some more, such as michonne and carl. Hopefully beth will get some more screen time before they decide what to do with her.

But yes, it was a good episode which transitioned well from the midseason finale.

i don't know why people act like this show can't be more action and survival than psychological social drama since it easily could be, and probably satisfy more people than not in doing so who are mainly watching it for a good zombie apocalypse, not to cheap out on social issue plots so much.

i don't even know how you guys can pretend this is character developing much more than the same character schizophrenia that this show pretends is character development every so often like ricks delusion episodes and moments which really go nowhere, and had very little relevance later.

i'll just never understand why shows that have these great settings and world they create, always push the every day mundane people drama more than the interesting aspects of being in a zombie apocalypose situation. there is so much more in the survival aspects that can be done where stuff like this seems so filler and disappointing. its like Battlestar Galactica episodes where they have 3/4's of the show filled with paranoid delusions than actually fighting silons, landing on planets meeting the inhabitants, etc. stuff adventure.

anyways WD is so inconsistent for a top show for that reason alone imo. i still don't understand why a major network or Netflix, etc. haven't tried to compete with WD with their own zombie apocalypse, this show can use some competition.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #968
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
We're going to have to go through a few episodes of "getting the band back together". That could actually be good for a show that had tended to spread itself pretty thin in the story telling department. Devoting an hour to really only two stories last night: Michone's origins through flashback. And the changing dynamic between an approaching puberty Carl and questioning his father's persona, is something of a timeless theme, zombie appocalypse or otherwise. And putting Carl through the ringer of questioning, surviving alone, and coming to terms with the potential loss of his father all in 40 minutes, was probably more than they'd done with those themes since they were really exploring Andrea and her sister in season 1.

The episode sufferred because the kid who plays Carl couldn't handle what they had given him, which is less on him than it is the production for making the decision to push it as much as they did.

I figure we've got at least one more episode like this, then it's back to the road to find another "villain".

I like what they're trying to do, I've just lost some faith in their ability to do these sort of things, and in a lot of ways would be happier if they just went with the outline of "send subgroup out to get item A, design set piece of elaborate zombie battle, have home group handwringing over dramatic story elements. Edit back and fourth to fit in 1/3rd of hour being commercials" And move on.

I always love your breakdowns

I agree that the actor that played Carl just didn't nail the whole "I'm good on my own" sequence. For someone that was nailing zombies from a hundred yards away was sloppy with the gun. The zombie pile on sequence could have played out a little more dangerful to really sell that whole scenario. I like the direction they were going and truly showing Rick's importance to protecting the group and he's a bigger factor than he's credited for.

All in all I did find it choppy. Curious to how the Darryl and Beth scenario plays out....
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #969
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
no daryl and i watched it after true detective = double meh
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #970
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Carl should have shared some of that pudding with his dad.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #971
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

This show is going down the drain, the acting is ****ing terrible and the story writing is bad, the only thing keeping it afloat is there is zombies in it.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #972
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

I would have liked it if it hadn't killed what I liked about Carl as a character.

Btw, I'm still bothered by the idea that cutting off limbs and jaws of the zombies and tying them up around the neck somehow makes them stop going after people.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #973
dr.hee
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
This show is going down the drain, the acting is ****ing terrible and the story writing is bad, the only thing keeping it afloat is there is zombies in it.

Wouldn't blame the actors though. The material just isn't that great.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #974
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I would have liked it if it hadn't killed what I liked about Carl as a character.

Btw, I'm still bothered by the idea that cutting off limbs and jaws of the zombies and tying them up around the neck somehow makes them stop going after people.

It's just canon.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #975
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
It's just canon.

Huh?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: