Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Can I use my debit card online?

So this was the first year I started working and was able to make a pretty substantial sum of money. So I've been thinking of buying something, but I have a debit card. My cousin uses his online all the time, but I'm worried about doing it. Can I go and proceed worry-free?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can I use my debit card online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
So this was the first year I started working and was able to make a pretty substantial sum of money. So I've been thinking of buying something, but I have a debit card. My cousin uses his online all the time, but I'm worried about doing it. Can I go and proceed worry-free?

You can, but be sure of the site you are using and make sure it is a secure site. That's your hard earned cash leaving directly from your account. I'm guessing you have either a Visa or Mastercard logo on it?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
You can, but be sure of the site you are using and make sure it is a secure site. That's your hard earned cash leaving directly from your account. I'm guessing you have either a Visa or Mastercard logo on it?

Yeah, VISA. I was gonna get some shit from Best Buy, and that seems reliable. Isn't it highly unlikely that if I use some of the well known sites, I won't get my stuff hacked?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Make a pay pal acount and link your debit card
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
Yep!
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
EnoughSaid
#COYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay

Is this safer?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

I've used my card online many times and I don't have a pay pal. Never had a problem. Just use your card on sites you know are safe.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can use Debit, just select the Visa or w/e card you have
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Is this safer?

Yeah you can send money to your PayPal account from your debit card, then you can pay for stuff with your PayPal account. That way you don't have to risk somebody getting your debit card # and scamming you.

It's really not a big deal if you buy from legit sites like Amazon or w/e, I've never had a problem
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even in the event of something fishy going down, a lot of banks have fraud protection..... U.S. Bank for instance has 100% zero liability fraud protection
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Even in the event of something fishy going down, a lot of banks have fraud protection..... U.S. Bank for instance has 100% zero liability fraud protection

Exactly.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As somebody else already suggested, use Paypal wherever they accept it. This way you won't be submitting your card's info everywhere.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Get yourself a rewards credit card and throw out your debit card.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

it's better if you give your card number to a nigerian prince. he will watch and take care of your finances
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #15
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

had my credit card hacked few times (different cards), luckily they refunded the cash

dont take a chance with your debit...use paypal
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: