Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Facial Hair

I've got the chin strap thing going but with a LOT more hair. This is an older picture but my beard looks the same.

nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

^ Which one are you?

Money on the lady drinking the gatorade.

I'm not a man. My facial hair grows patchy around the cheeks.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
^ Which one are you?

Money on the lady drinking the gatorade.

I'm not a man. My facial hair grows patchy around the cheeks.

My guess is he is the only guy in the pic with a chin strap since he said he wears a chin strap.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think facial hair is ever "in" for me. I can't recall a ton of people I know who've ever openly accepted what I've grown. Whether it's a beard, chops, circle beard, mustache or any sort of combination, it more or less just draws a bunch of disappointed head shakes, laughter, and "Well, I don't hate it per se" types of responses from my peers.

Even with that in mind, I still tend to hit a period every year or so where I grow something new knowing full well it's going to look ridiculous. It's fun to experiment and it's wonderfully refreshing when I inevitably shave it all off and return to status quo.

As others have mentioned, I think facial hair being "in" is largely dependent upon how someone handles themselves. If you're confident in what you're growing and you can pull it off, it'll take you a long way. It's similar to how we choose what we wear. If we're just copying the hot style, there's a much better chance of things coming out forced and contrived. On the flip side, if you're just rocking what you want to rock, it still might not be accepted by all, but at least it's you being you.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Like a shaved head - looks good on some guys, bad on others.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I didn't even know facial hair wasn't for everyoone until a client at my work told me I'm one of the few males she knows that looks good in a beard. I never saw someone with reasonable facial hair and immediately thought, "they don't look good with that beard." Female logic, I guess. I'm middle eastern, so it must be the genes

I gradually went up myself. Went from just having the "mexican stache" when I was 13, to the chin patch at 15, chin strap at 17, threw the mustache in at 21 and now rock the full beard at 25. I keep it trim, usually shave it down with an open 1 clip once a week.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

always light stubble or french goatee.

tryn for this

gonna go for the lazar angelov style when im old enuff
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #23
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Grew this goat out for no shave November.. later let the rest of the beard fill out a little too.

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
always light stubble or french goatee.

tryn for this

gonna go for the lazar angelov style when im old enuff

does your beard still have its training wheels on? still got a starter kit?
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Grew this goat out for no shave November.. later let the rest of the beard fill out a little too.

This is the kind of beard I want.

And I don't know how this will sound when you read it in your head, but you look like how you post Anti Hero
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
This is the kind of beard I want.

And I don't know how this will sound when you read it in your head, but you look like how you post Anti Hero

Like a crazed person?

Also, my gf hates my Goat.. she loves beards but likes them trimmed. That's how I normally keep it too but I wanted to give this no shave November thing a go. I'll be shaving it all back down to baseline in a few days. Much to the ladies delight.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 11-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Like a crazed person?

Yes I mean like I could picture you doing a podcast with Joe Rogan or something.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #28
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Yes I mean like I could picture you doing a podcast with Joe Rogan or something.

That's an honor.. It's the shaved head and beard.. I looked far less crazy when I was younger with a full head of hair.. I finally gave into baldness and quit fighting it

Hurry up stemcell research!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #29
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Meticode you're like 30 right? C'mon man, chin straps are for frat boys.

Starting to get chilly so I've been rocking a fairly short beard. Not stubble, but nothing gnarly. Shape up the neck every other day or so, trimmers on a short guard couple times a week. Works well with a fairly square jaw.

If you grow a beard just keep the shit together, don't just let it grow for a month w/o ever touching it. Unless you're still a kid, then who cares.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: