Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default The War on Men(Op-Ed)

Quote:
Believe it or not, modern women want to get married. Trouble is, men don’t.
The so-called dearth of good men (read: marriageable men) has been a hot subject in the media as of late. Much of the coverage has been in response to the fact that for the first time in history, women have become the majority of the U.S. workforce. They’re also getting most of the college degrees. The problem? This new phenomenon has changed the dance between men and women.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women’s fault?
-
As the author of three books on the American family and its intersection with pop culture, I’ve spent thirteen years examining social agendas as they pertain to sex, parenting, and gender roles. During this time, I’ve spoken with hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women. And in doing so, I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who’ve told me, in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

Women are mad as fuct on facebook. what say you?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The War on Men(Op-Ed)

Women have been trying to be men for years. Nothing new here.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Women have been trying to be men for years. Nothing new here.

non-responsive.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fox News...did not read.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
non-responsive.

I was responding to the bold quote in the OP, but to answer the question at hand, the reason lots of guys don't want to get married is because the thought of being with just 1 woman can be a daunting hypothetical that goes against a male's nature: to copulate with as many women as he can. So a guy would rather not get married so they wouldn't break a girl's heart by cheating.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want to agree with the message of women having changed for the worse, but the article was awful in delivering a message that didn't sound absolutely sexist and ignorant. For someone who has talked to "hundreds, if not thousands" of people on similar subjects, they presented their findings with no depth behind how exactly has women changing been the reasoning behind men being less than they used to be.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

The reason men dont want to get married is because they arent fed a fantasy about what marriage is. Boys arent socialized to dream about marriage the way girls are.

alot of girls grow believing that their wedding day is the END of the story when its just the beginning.. they love weddings and the idea of marriage, but they react just like men when they realize the reality aint sh*t like the advertisement

they realized that they wanted to GET married, not BE married.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
The reason men dont want to get married is because they arent fed a fantasy about what marriage is. Boys arent socialized to dream about marriage the way girls are.

alot of girls grow believing that their wedding day is the END of the story when its just the beginning.. they love weddings and the idea of marriage, but they react just like men when they realize the reality aint sh*t like the advertisement

they realized that they wanted to GET married, not BE married.

Excellent quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: