Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default I do not care what Avery's excuses are, Marshon needs to play more.

Seriously, you have Stackhouse playing 20+ mins while Marshon Brooks not even getting 1 sec? Come on Avery you can do better, to some extent how good Marshon Brooks can be determines the ceiling of this Nets team. Deron, JJ , Gerald and Humphries are already in their prime, they are good but wont develop further. Brook Lopez sure can keep improving, but just him isnt enough. I just dont understand, is there stats available showing that this team has played much worse with Brooks on the court?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I do not care what Avery's excuses are, Marshon needs to play more.

Not a good timing when Stack was looking like Ray Allen out there tonight
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Not a good timing when Stack was looking like Ray Allen out there tonight

lol yeah, buts ya know its not a long-term solution.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MarShon needs to play against the weak teams and build confidence for games similar to last night. I was glad he didn't play last night because he would be tried to do too much in that enviornment. Whereas Stack is composed and knows his role to be a lethal spot up shooter. The Nets are deeply missing a spot up shooter on this team. We need Mirza to play more so the defense can not collapse in the paint and havea player knock down open shots just like Stack wasdoing.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
MarShon needs to play against the weak teams and build confidence for games similar to last night. I was glad he didn't play last night because he would be tried to do too much in that enviornment. Whereas Stack is composed and knows his role to be a lethal spot up shooter. The Nets are deeply missing a spot up shooter on this team. We need Mirza to play more so the defense can not collapse in the paint and havea player knock down open shots just like Stack wasdoing.

Well isnt Joe Johnson supposed to take this role? Too bad he hasnt been doing this since becoming a Net.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well isnt Joe Johnson supposed to take this role? Too bad he hasnt been doing this since becoming a Net.
I hope joe wasn't brought here to just spot up shoot lol. he is supposed to create for himself and for others. he had some huge assists last night. what i meant is that we need a steve novak. stackhouse has been that guy for some nights, but mirza can definitely be our novak if he actually gets any time.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Again 0 min in the Celtics game. Yes Stackhouse was on fire, but with Gerald Wallace out we can at least play him a bit at SF. Marshon Brooks is shooting 60% FG and 67% from 3pt line this season, Avery sees nothing of it. Oh well so long as we keep winning hes not gonna be seriously challenged or blamed.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Something is happening behind closed doors that is pushing avery not to trust him on the court (possibly not playing any defense still?). This isn't the team from last year; however, Avery did play him a heck of a lot last season in hopes he would continue developing. I don't think a player can go from a starter to a sixth man to a 15th roster spot without a legitimate reason. He may be great on offense, but you can easily see he doesn't play within the flow. Additionally, if his defense is still ringing terrible, then this may be a reality check for him to start picking up the slack.

Marshon is not a star so he shouldn't be treated as such (just handed things). Although, stars shouldn't be just handed things neither. My 2 cents
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
Something is happening behind closed doors that is pushing avery not to trust him on the court (possibly not playing any defense still?). This isn't the team from last year; however, Avery did play him a heck of a lot last season in hopes he would continue developing. I don't think a player can go from a starter to a sixth man to a 15th roster spot without a legitimate reason. He may be great on offense, but you can easily see he doesn't play within the flow. Additionally, if his defense is still ringing terrible, then this may be a reality check for him to start picking up the slack.

Marshon is not a star so he shouldn't be treated as such (just handed things). Although, stars shouldn't be just handed things neither. My 2 cents
Very nice post. Not like I know anything for sure, but it sounds like you've put two and two together.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Well seriously, I cant find another coach who refuses to give someone shooting 60% from the field and 67% from beyond the arc even 1 sec to play in the game. Avery Johnson clearly isnt the right coach for this team, but its probably too late to fire him now.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

And you know there has to be a mistake if even the likes of Bogans plays far more minutes than Marshon Brooks. Stackhouse playing great is not an excuse, its completely possible for Brooks to play SF.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i say give martian the opportunity to hang out with the armour for the time being. provided he wants to. i mean, i'm sure he gets lots of burn in nets' practices, but maybe he wants to be the main man for a while.

OTOH, with the rise of the nets defense and with his own atrocious D, one can easily see why he sits these days. so maybe it's better after all if he works on that side of his game for the time being. in the end that's probably the fastest path to getting back in to the rotation.

i don't know, i'm just left to babble at this point... but i wish more reporters would ask avery what his plan is so that we'd all have a better idea what's going on. :S

EDIT: KLN, who repped you down? an angry knick fan perchance?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i say give martian the opportunity to hang out with the armour for the time being. provided he wants to. i mean, i'm sure he gets lots of burn in nets' practices, but maybe he wants to be the main man for a while.

OTOH, with the rise of the nets defense and with his own atrocious D, one can easily see why he sits these days. so maybe it's better after all if he works on that side of his game for the time being. in the end that's probably the fastest path to getting back in to the rotation.

i don't know, i'm just left to babble at this point... but i wish more reporters would ask avery what his plan is so that we'd all have a better idea what's going on. :S

EDIT: KLN, who repped you down? an angry knick fan perchance?

Well actually Brooks can at least play 10mins from the end of 1st quarter to 2nd quarter. The Nets second unit usually scores quite a lot and extends the lead midway in the 2nd quarter, Brooks can stimulate the process. If he really refuses to play defense, it may be fine sitting him for the 4th but still he shouldnt get 0 min.

And I guess so, who else would do such a thing? I actually received two negs from two Thunder fans about two weeks ago for saying Westbrook aint a top 7 PG, but these two combined only brought my rep down by 3 pts. This one is much more devastating though, it caused me to lose 16pts. Guess it must be someone with as many rep points as I do.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Where was Marshon when the Nets shot an UGLY 14% from the field last night? like cmon. Marshon might make some mistakes and guys like Stackhouse and Bogans have been decent but Marshon knows how to score and giving him 0 minutes that game was a mistake. He can score! Nobody could in the 4th.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

yea, i agree with you guys. what i don't understand is why it isn't a bigger topic of debate in the nets media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
And I guess so, who else would do such a thing? I actually received two negs from two Thunder fans about two weeks ago for saying Westbrook aint a top 7 PG, but these two combined only brought my rep down by 3 pts. This one is much more devastating though, it caused me to lose 16pts. Guess it must be someone with as many rep points as I do.
you told thunder fans that westbrook wasn't a top 7 PG? oh man, you're on your own with that one, bro. :S
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: