Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #31
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation
Default Re: Jeremy Lin's Court Vision is Elite

Lin is better than Kobe.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #32
Sinox
Decent playground baller

Sinox has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
He's not Japanese u idiot

He's Indonesian

Do you guys think Asia is all the same?

His parents are from Taiwan. There are 48-50+ countries in Asia and they are not all the same..
Sinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #33
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

This is what makes people dislike hearing about Lin. He's been putrid all season, then when he puts a couple of decent games together, all of a sudden threads start appearing like this.

Can he actually play more games, and show more consistency, before people start making claims about "elite" skills?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #34
Klazart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Klazart has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
This is what makes people dislike hearing about Lin. He's been putrid all season, then when he puts a couple of decent games together, all of a sudden threads start appearing like this.

Can he actually play more games, and show more consistency, before people start making claims about "elite" skills?

Except if you actually watched him play this season you'd realise that the passing and vision isn't something new that has just appeared in the last two games, he's been doing it pretty much since game one barring the 4-6 game stretch where he was not handling the ball at all while the team adjusted their offensive style.

He has also significantly improved his transition play since last season where he hardly ever turns over the ball in transition now, whereas this was something he did do from time to time in trying to make the hero pass with the knicks.

The only difference in the last two games is that his shot has been falling. Other than that the rest of his play, passing, vision, rebounding, defending and steals has been there all season long. But it's still a very small sample size, either to laud or to damn him.

But you're going to hate no matter what anyway.
Klazart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #35
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazart
Except if you actually watched him play this season you'd realise that the passing and vision isn't something new that has just appeared in the last two games, he's been doing it pretty much since game one barring the 4-6 game stretch where he was not handling the ball at all while the team adjusted their offensive style.

He has also significantly improved his transition play since last season where he hardly ever turns over the ball in transition now, whereas this was something he did do from time to time in trying to make the hero pass with the knicks.

The only difference in the last two games is that his shot has been falling. Other than that the rest of his play, passing, vision, rebounding, defending and steals has been there all season long. But it's still a very small sample size, either to laud or to damn him.

But you're going to hate no matter what anyway.
I don't "hate" anyone, I dislike hype.

He's been bad for most of the season, so let's see more good games before undue praise is given.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #36
Klazart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Klazart has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
I don't "hate" anyone, I dislike hype.

He's been bad for most of the season, so let's see more good games before undue praise is given.

Except that in regards to the specific topic of his passing ability and court vision he has been very good, which you would know if you bothered to actually watch him play.

I don't know why I wasted my time writing out a detailed reply to a hater like you in the first place. I guess maybe because someone who is objective might read it and your erroneous statements will be noted as such by said observers.
Klazart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #37
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
In terms of court vision I would put Lin ahead of Deron, Miller, Calderon, Conley and Lowry.

LOL over Lowry MAYBE but Deron and Miller NOT EVEN CLOSE Calderon and Conley hes below but not via landslide and Lowry maybe because Lowry is a more attacking/ defensie type PG
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #38
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazart
Except that in regards to the specific topic of his passing ability and court vision he has been very good, which you would know if you bothered to actually watch him play.

I don't know why I wasted my time writing out a detailed reply to a hater like you in the first place. I guess maybe because someone who is objective might read it and your erroneous statements will be noted as such by said observers.
Feel free not to "waste your time" responding to any of my posts in the future. Your fanboyism is annoying, and does nothing but add to the general dislike of Lin threads on the board.

As a starting point guard, Lin is supposed to display good court vision and awareness. Has he developed this to the point where he can be considered "elite"? No.

Time will tell if that will happen.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #39
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Coming from someone doing the exact same thing, where he plays 1 bad game and you make a ton of posts calling him out for it
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #40
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have been surprised by his court vision and passing so far. His 6.4 APG isn't outstanding and his decisionmaking isn't that great, but he sees openings and has really thrown some nice passes this season. He sees cutters and has good timing on his passes. I wouldn't call it elite, but it has been great, unlike other aspects of his game.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #41
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A thread like this is a backhanded compliment. It basically is saying "too bad the rest of his game sucks". Note there is no "Deron has great court vision" thread because Deron has great everything. There is no need.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
Coming from someone doing the exact same thing, where he plays 1 bad game and you make a ton of posts calling him out for it
I have consistently tried to put Lin's performance in the context of not only this year, but last season as well -- and have even made reference back to his rookie year.

I've noted when he's had bad games, but so have a bunch of other people. When its bad, its just bad and worth commenting on. Shooting in the mid-30% range is beyond pathetic for a starting NBA guard.

So, it isn't true to say that I've called him out after "one bad game".
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lf9NxCosQG4
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #44
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
A thread like this is a backhanded compliment. It basically is saying "too bad the rest of his game sucks". Note there is no "Deron has great court vision" thread because Deron has great everything. There is no need.

Among those great things is better court vision than Lin. I like Lin but c'mon now. Court Vision is more than passing, anyway. It's understand everything that is happening and having an intuition as for what will happen next.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: