Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default OKC offense still efficient without Harden

Info on how the Thunder offense has been so far:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11547
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Re: OKC offense still efficient without Harden

they lost Harden

not Durant
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
they lost Harden

not Durant

+ Westbrooke is not playing under NBA finals pressure and Ibaka is always improving, Collison is always solid, Maynord is back and Kevin Martin has always been a efficent bucket filler. No real suprises
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Last season the Thunder were last in the league in the percentage of their baskets that were assisted, with Harden often dominating the ball when Westbrook wasn't. They have zoomed to seventh in that category this season. That's also how Serge Ibaka, who has developed his offensive game over the last few years, is averaging almost six more points a game while shooting 57 percent.
That's what stuck out the most to me. I knew our ball movement and passing looked a lot better than last year, but I didn't know we were top 10 in the league in assists.

And Ibaka's improvement can't be understated. He's flying under the radar a little bit right now, and I'm fine with that, but he's been an integral part of the offense staying roughly the same (efficiency wise) after the Harden trade.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

their starting 5 is actually their worst offensive line-up, of their 5 most used line-ups

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213OKC2.HTM
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
their starting 5 is actually their worst offensive line-up, of their 5 most used line-ups

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213OKC2.HTM

Dang that's weird.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
That's what stuck out the most to me. I knew our ball movement and passing looked a lot better than last year, but I didn't know we were top 10 in the league in assists.

And Ibaka's improvement can't be understated. He's flying under the radar a little bit right now, and I'm fine with that, but he's been an integral part of the offense staying roughly the same (efficiency wise) after the Harden trade.
is it possible that getting rid of Harden a ball handler has freed up the offence with players passing more? Bu...bu...but people said we would miss his 3 assists per game
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

The thing they're going to miss are those times when they would have Harden on the court with Westbrook and Durant. Freed up Durant and Westbrook. The points i would think would be the same.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Meanwhile HardGAWD is averaging 25/4/5/2/1
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
is it possible that getting rid of Harden a ball handler has freed up the offence with players passing more? Bu...bu...but people said we would miss his 3 assists per game
I think that's precisely why ball movement, assists, spacing, etc. are all improved. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to still have Harden, but Martin doesn't constantly need the ball in his hands to get his 17-20 points. He's not totally incapable of getting his own shot but he's obviously not as good as Harden in that department.

However, there's already been 4-5 games this year where I thought the ball movement on offense was as good as I've ever seen in the Durant/Westbrook era. Of course I thought we started seeing glimpses of that in last year's WCF, so this could just be an extension of that.

But yeah, the offense is just as efficient as last year (for now) but it looks a lot different.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: