Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Bad lost to the Pacers. Sigh

Just shocked by tonight's game. Goddamnit!! Very ugly loss and just an ugly game.. So disappointed in the Lakers. We need Nash back or what?

Here's some general stats:
31% fg%
6 of 28 from 3pt line (21%)
13 assists
77 points total (33 in first half)

I'm going to sleep on this game and think about it in the morning. Too angry right now

Last edited by bladefd : 11-28-2012 at 02:19 AM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Bad lost to the Pacers. Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Just shocked by tonight's game. Goddamnit!! Very ugly loss and just an ugly game.. So disappointed in the Lakers. We need Nash back or what?

Here's some general stats:
31% fg%
6 of 28 from 3pt line (21%)
13 assists
77 points total (33 in first half)

I'm going to sleep on this game and think about it in the morning. Too angry right now

fcuking pau gasol...2/9 and 8 rbs...Metta had 12.....

mutha fcukas couldnt buy a basket. I am going to have a hard shot of Grand Marnie before going to sleep I need it
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
DKLaker

Despite all, it was a boneheaded coaching error that ultimately cost them the game. On the game winning layup, 'Antoni had Pau in the game instead of Jordan Hill, when I saw that I said, "Watch this game winning layup around Pau" seriously I did. A decent defensive coach puts in his best defenders in that situation and Pau is definitely not one of them, he played the situation as poorly as he could've, terrible positioning, terrible angle as usual. The Pacers saw the weak link and attacked it. Apparently Nate McMillan is not coming so get used to a failing defense and bad coaching decisions on defense.

Coaching 101: If your team is shooting like crap you need to have 2 guys crashing the boards on every shot......there were long stretches where we would shoot and immediately race back on defense....not the way to win these games....but it's what we can expect from 'Antoni.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
L.A. Jazz
Local High School Star

Let's save the coach bashing for losses when our players arent playing like sh*t. this loss is on them and they need kicks in their asses. MB and MD'A may not be GOAT choaches but what the players showed so far is horrible. they have to much talent for a record like that.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

No reason to pin this loss other than on these few points:

>Terrible free throw shooting (23/43)

>Joey Crawford needs to be fired as a referee. Someone complains and he loses the game for that team intentionally.

>We need Nash back. Morris shows potential, but 1 point between him and Duhon is not only embarrassing, but Smush Parker-esque.

>Pau Gasol started off bad but then he picked it up towards the end with his rebounding and free throw shooting. I can't blame it on him if he ignited the team to play hard in the end.

>This loss had nothing to do with coaching DK. This game wasn't even supposed to go down to the wire. Lakers blew that up themselves

Edit: On a positive note, at least Kobe had a triple double lol (40/10/10 turnovers)

Last edited by lakerfreak : 11-28-2012 at 05:44 AM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
No reason to pin this loss other than on these few points:

>Terrible free throw shooting (23/43)

>Joey Crawford needs to be fired as a referee. Someone complains and he loses the game for that team intentionally.

>We need Nash back. Morris shows potential, but 1 point between him and Duhon is not only embarrassing, but Smush Parker-esque.

>Pau Gasol started off bad but then he picked it up towards the end with his rebounding and free throw shooting. I can't blame it on him if he ignited the team to play hard in the end.

>This loss had nothing to do with coaching DK. This game wasn't even supposed to go down to the wire. Lakers blew that up themselves

Edit: On a positive note, at least Kobe had a triple double lol (40/10/10 turnovers)

Good Post

I disagree with you in only 1 way.......We still had a chance to win that game until 'Antoni failed to make a defensive switch, had he made that switch the Lakers would've won in overtime with Hibbert out.
I'm a coach and if I had done something like that I would blame myself no matter how bad the team played......everything ultimately falls back on the coach. To see him blow it with a fundamental end of game scenario is a sign of things to come......it makes us so much weaker at the end of games if a coach doesn't know what to do. This is not me bashing a coach, this is me directly speaking of a game losing lack of coaching. I'll see if it continues to happen before I actually bash the guy.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Good Post

I disagree with you in only 1 way.......We still had a chance to win that game until 'Antoni failed to make a defensive switch, had he made that switch the Lakers would've won in overtime with Hibbert out.
I'm a coach and if I had done something like that I would blame myself no matter how bad the team played......everything ultimately falls back on the coach. To see him blow it with a fundamental end of game scenario is a sign of things to come......it makes us so much weaker at the end of games if a coach doesn't know what to do. This is not me bashing a coach, this is me directly speaking of a game losing lack of coaching. I'll see if it continues to happen before I actually bash the guy.

Yeah, but would you agree with me that coaches make hundreds of decisions from the preparation (1-2 days back) to the game time adjustments etc?
If yes, then my problem with most of your sentiments is that I hardly read any posts from you giving credit to coaches when they win but ultimately blame them when they make a few questionable decisions which btw sometimes are aided with our hindsight.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Good Post

I definitely agree with you that if its Jordan Hill in the game rather than Pau, that 9 times out of 10, G.Hill does not make that shot. Its hard for me to blame the coach for the game when it came down to just one possession.

100% agreed with you. However in the last stretch, Pau was our best player (as dumb as that can seem with his trend nowadays). It may have been a tough decision. Im sure it was thought about...

One thing coach can do to improve his practices is to instill "Nobody leaves until they make 10 straight free throws". That crap pissed me off...
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Exclamation Re: Bad lost to the Pacers. Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I definitely agree with you that if its Jordan Hill in the game rather than Pau, that 9 times out of 10, G.Hill does not make that shot. Its hard for me to blame the coach for the game when it came down to just one possession.

100% agreed with you. However in the last stretch, Pau was our best player (as dumb as that can seem with his trend nowadays). It may have been a tough decision. Im sure it was thought about...

One thing coach can do to improve his practices is to instill "Nobody leaves until they make 10 straight free throws". That crap pissed me off...

I think coach left him (pau) out there to prove a point.

This was a great loss! We learned a lot from this. Step up or ship out!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yeah, but would you agree with me that coaches make hundreds of decisions from the preparation (1-2 days back) to the game time adjustments etc?
If yes, then my problem with most of your sentiments is that I hardly read any posts from you giving credit to coaches when they win but ultimately blame them when they make a few questionable decisions which btw sometimes are aided with our hindsight.

If you sat and watched a game with me you would know it had nothing to do with hindsight, I have a knack for knowing what is going to happen before it does. I sat there and told people that someone was going to blow past Pau for the game winning layup and Hill should be in the game. I was going nuts about it and then it happened. I do this on a regular basis.....even when the Lakers blew that 24 point lead in the Finals against Boston, I called it......how? The Lakers were in celebration mode, guys were all smiles and giddy.....2 things happened, they started taking glory shots thinking it would have no effect if they missed AND stopped playing defense because with a big lead what harm would a basket or 2 do. Of course it becomes a huge opening to an opponent and once that momentum shifts it's extremely hard to get it back against a powerful opponent. As a coach, I have always taught my players to turn up the intensity and defense even more with a big lead and push to keep building it until it is impossible for them to overcome in the final minutes......my teams flat out never ever blow leads, there is blood in the water and we are sharks, that is how I coach.

As for praising coaches, who.....Mike Brown? 'Antoni? Please call me when a worthy coach arrives to comment on.
I try not to praise opposing coaches.....I certainly like their work but am generally not happy about them beating us so why talk about that

As far as the comment that keeping Pau in as a lesson......maybe I missed how a brainless non-coaching 101 decision teaches anyone anything is of help to a team. Pau is a bad defender and is suffering from knee problems.......he's likely on his way out so what was to be gained????
I will be watching to see if 'Antoni can do smart things on defense, so far NO....but I will not really bash him unless the trend continues.

Lakerfreak you are absolutely right.....don't ever leave the gym without 10 straight free throws

I am a firm believer that how a team plays and conducts themselves is a reflection of the coach and the program.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: