Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who is "YOUR" Joker?

I really don't like comparing Jack and Heath's performances to be honest. I think they did about as good a job as you can do in the films they appeared in and how their character was written. If you want to say that Heath literally 'inhabited' the character and that gives him the nod, ok. I just think because the roles were played differently, in two different interpretations of Batman, makes their performances very hard to measure.

If you want me to make a preference, I'll say Heath because I just like 'that' portrayal of the character, how it was written to be( and yes, he was masterful in the role in terms of acting). Jack's Joker was very much in line with the 89 Batman film.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I prefer Mark Hamill. Cesar Romero is not that bad either since the character itself supposes to be a bit campy.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice to see Mark Hamill's name being brought. His performances have defined the Joker character for me. Ledger's Joker redefined the character. Those two are top for me.

Jack did have more iconic moments as the Joker, but overall I liked Hamill and Ledger better.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nicholson, although all four of them brought something unique and commendable to the table. can't really say the same thing about the batman actors.

ledger in particular was ultra intense and memorable, but nicholson to me was far more nuanced and offered a lot more insight in to the character itself. he also had this kind of zen calm that i found totally fascinating because it could break in almost any direction... humorous or macabre and a thousand shades in between. ledger was more of the same mood applied over and over again.

romero was really funny with all the gleeful hooting and hollering and such...

gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I lost my shit when I first played Batman Arkham Asylum and the Joker opened his mouth and Mark Hamill's voice came out. The man IS the Joker to me, when I read a comic with the Joker or think about something with the Joker it is that voice that I hear in my head, that rhythm, and that style.

Ledger was absolutely great. But he doesn't define the character for me.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mark Hamill's Joker is the voice I will *always* think of.

Ledger's performance is far and away the superior of the lot. Nicholson's was alright, too.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Ledger played the perfect Joker. Overall, I always felt he was an overrated actor; everyone said he was the next Hollywood superstar in the making, but I didn't see it. Look at Brokeback Mountain for example - his performance was wicked atrocious. But what he did in Dark Knight was wonderfully amazing. You really can't even tell Joker is Ledger. You remove Ledger from Dark Knight, and you have a mediocre movie, at best.

Oh, going back to Brokeback Mountain - one of the two gay dudes would have been the purrrrrfict role for starface. Truly could have been a bona fide [boner] masterpiece [masturbate].

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I lost my shit when I first played Batman Arkham Asylum and the Joker opened his mouth and Mark Hamill's voice came out. The man IS the Joker to me, when I read a comic with the Joker or think about something with the Joker it is that voice that I hear in my head, that rhythm, and that style.

Ledger was absolutely great. But he doesn't define the character for me.

Add in that goofy yet menacing laugh he had or the theme song of his in the animated series.

I agree about Ledger, he was great but when I read the comics, I hear Hamill's voice.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Ledger was the best Joker and in my opinion the way the character should be portrayed. Jack did a good job but the character was too cartoonish and didn't have the semi realistic qualities of a real life villain when portrayed by Ledger. I prefer Ledger's performance and I prefer the newer movies.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jack
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

You guys are sleeping on Romero. He brought that character to life.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #27
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Second Candidate:

I'll give you a BJ

That's just so amateurish.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
mark hamill of course

Winner.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #29
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

[quote=Solidape]Since we have a "YOUR" Batman thread....this is the Yang of that Ying

First Candidate:

Pick Me...Pick Me...hehehehahaha!!

This is the Joker I hear in my head when there is no sound from tv or movie.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #30
MontaHardaway
I hit open 5-footers

MontaHardaway has decent reputation

MontaHardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: