Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Kyle_korver has an OK reputation so far
Default Lebron on ESPN over the years

dont know if it was posted already but was pretty cool to see how opinion changed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U65T2x2oxo
Kyle_korver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron on ESPN over the years

Darko the GOAT.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputationNash has decent reputation

Great link, thanks.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow. This was a great video to watch. Repped. Nice find.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

*****!!!..I wish he never left Cleveland...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very fascinating video. For the 1000th time, watching clips like this makes the fan in me wish he never, ever left Cleveland. So much more seemed right when he was there.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great post, they need to do a similar thing for the other top players
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_korver
dont know if it was posted already but was pretty cool to see how opinion changed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U65T2x2oxo
Interesting, but I found the clip difficult to watch. I can't believe that I ever liked to watch PTI. Sounds like a bunch of blathering now.

Hilarious that people were actually picking Darko over LBJ or Melo.

I also remember watching that first televised LBJ high school game, and I felt as uneasy as Tony and Mike both did. It was easy to see that the kid had special skills, but against such a low level of competition, who knew he would ever be this good?

The most over-hyped young player in the history of sports has actally managed to exceed expectations. Extraordinary!
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
great post, they need to do a similar thing for the other top players

there's nothing comparable to this. the show started when lebron was coming up in the high school ranks. he's one of the greatest and most publicized players of all time. their views changed so much over time on him.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hated to suddenly number 1 jersey seller
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Kyle_korver has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
there's nothing comparable to this. the show started when lebron was coming up in the high school ranks. he's one of the greatest and most publicized players of all time. their views changed so much over time on him.
yeah it really has.. it crazy how much melo has underachieve since he has been lebrons rival for so long.. no offense to melo fans but he should be at least an all time great conversations by now since lebron gets GOAT conversations now
Kyle_korver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Interesting, but I found the clip difficult to watch. I can't believe that I ever liked to watch PTI. Sounds like a bunch of blathering now.
I'm still okay with PTI. I think it's because there's a sense of realness from those two fellows. Clearly they're putting on a show to an extent, but it's relatively contained in the sense that I can imagine these guys talking like this off set just as well. This would be in contrast to shows featuring the likes of Woody Paige and Skip Bayless, two guys who seem to be acting way more than just being real.

Quote:
Hilarious that people were actually picking Darko over LBJ or Melo.
I'm always glad to see additional pieces of documentation like this pop up. I'd say it was more likely for folks to tag James as the undoubted #1, but there were a lot of people who were convinced all that was being said about Darko was true.

The likes of Dirk, Peja, Parker, and Manu were just coming into their superstar form, the first time such a heaping of foreign players had experienced such success in the NBA, almost all of them emerging out of nothingness. By 2004, many assumed claims of foreign players becoming great - even without a lot of documentation to support such claims - were bound to come to fruition.

Quote:
I also remember watching that first televised LBJ high school game, and I felt as uneasy as Tony and Mike both did. It was easy to see that the kid had special skills, but against such a low level of competition, who knew he would ever be this good?

The most over-hyped young player in the history of sports has actally managed to exceed expectations. Extraordinary!
Well said. I knew he was good, but I thought I'd seen a lot of super stars come through high school before. I wasn't sure there was going to be any way for James to exceed the hype. Yet, as you said, that's exactly what he did. It's hard to find a worthy comparison. Maybe if Jeremy Lin came out this year and averaged 27 and 12? If Tim Tebow had already carved himself out to be one of the top five quarterbacks in NFL history?

LeBron James was the truth.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 11-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Wilbon has always been a moron, he's just gotten worse over the years.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

watching the stuff leading up to the decision makes me cringe though. at one point i was convinced he was staying, then i was convinced it was chicago. then it was miami. never once thought he was going to new jersey or new york. i actually did think wade would end up in new york if lebron went to chicago, or wade to chicago is lebron went to new york or new jersey or stayed.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sup, Kyle.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: