Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
LamarOdom
Banned

Default Re: Let s be real, Heat and Lakers will eventually make the finals

Miami will get to the finals as long as LeBron is healthy this team is just too good with the new players, I even think they can make it without Wade.

I always said the Heat would be better if Bosh got to be the second guy on offense.

Lakers have a tougher way with teams like Grizzlies, OKC, Clippers and Spurs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
I'll forgive Stern for getting the Lakers into the finals if he gets the Sonics back..

Are you not a OKC fan?
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
takai
Fly for a White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
The Lakers is even a bigger joke
So is your grammar.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Bobcats gonna come out of the East, book it. Kemba gonna lead them to glory.
You know it.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
The Lakers is even a bigger joke
says the bulls fan
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
Vienceslav
Local High School Star

It will never happen we will be forever deprived of the Kobe vs Lebron match up.
Not that it would be that interesting with Kobe now out of his prime.
This should have happened in 09,but Dwight and company ruined it, thatīs it , move on.
Vienceslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienceslav
It will never happen we will be forever deprived of the Kobe vs Lebron match up.
Not that it would be that interesting with Kobe now out of his prime.
This should have happened in 09,but Dwight and company ruined it, thatīs it , move on.
Thank god for Rashard Lewis taking stereroids

If he'd been suspended properly we would have seen the dream matchup.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
guy
NBA All-star

I hate both teams, but this is still a dream match-up for me not to the point that I'd root for this to happen and for them to beat teams that I clearly like better i.e. Bulls, Celtics, Clippers, Thunder, etc, but I would still love to see it.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

The path to the finals for the Heat is far tougher than it has been the past 2 years. The Knicks, and Nets can play with them and have advantages on the court. The Celtics (aren't that good IMO, but matchup well with the Heat). The Sixers if they get back Bynum. Bulls have advantages depending on how Rose recovers.

The Knicks, however, as I've been saying since free agency ended have the most dynamic roster in the league.

The Heat's title chances rest in the hands of D Wade. If he can turn it on and be a superstar, then they're as good as it gets. If not, then they've got a lot of weaknesses. Too perimeter oriented, they lucked out in the fact that OKC can't hurt you in the post on the other end of the floor.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
dabulls23
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
The path to the finals for the Heat is far tougher than it has been the past 2 years. The Knicks, and Nets can play with them and have advantages on the court. The Celtics (aren't that good IMO, but matchup well with the Heat). The Sixers if they get back Bynum. Bulls have advantages depending on how Rose recovers.

The Knicks, however, as I've been saying since free agency ended have the most dynamic roster in the league.

The Heat's title chances rest in the hands of D Wade. If he can turn it on and be a superstar, then they're as good as it gets. If not, then they've got a lot of weaknesses. Too perimeter oriented, they lucked out in the fact that OKC can't hurt you in the post on the other end of the floor.

Even if Bynum gets back I doubt he will be 100% healthy and same goes with Rose. So really the Knicks and the Nets will give some challenge.
dabulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #25
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The way the lakers are playing right now, I highly doubt it.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #26
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
The way the lakers are playing right now, I highly doubt it.
If the Lakers were to deal Gasol, or Gasol pulled his head out of his you know what, then get healthy it's not a long shot by any means.

I wonder if Minnesota would be interested in Gasol .

Seems like they have a real glut at SF. Derek Williams to LA!
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Lakers...... ahahahaha.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #28
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls23
Even if Bynum gets back I doubt he will be 100% healthy and same goes with Rose. So really the Knicks and the Nets will give some challenge.

True....but those aren't series that the Heat want to have to play. If Rose is 85%, or same with Bynum...they're very tough matchups for the Heat.

Last year's run was overrated. The Knicks were basically Carmelo, an injured Amare who missed a game, and was one handed for 2 more...0 guard play with Baron Davis/Lin/Shumpert out...they were a turnover machine. The Pacers are not a EC contender, never were, never have been. They wouldn't have been favored to beat the Magic had Howard played...they were a team no better than the Hawks under Mike Woodson IMO. The Celtics...great defense yes, but they allow the Heat to play small, were without Bradley and they're old....PERIOD. I don't care how much youth you put around Pierce/Garnett/and freaking Jason Terry....they can be a good team, but your 3 best scorers are 35. This could work if Rondo decided to be a dynamic scorer, but he won't, so for now they're a tough team that are a long shot to win a title (possible, but they'll need help). The lockout plays a part in all of this too, including the seeding, injuries.

Point is the Heat are not unbeatable, nor are they much more talented than anyone. Especially if they don't figure out these defensive lapses while playing small. Bosh can be contained by a guy like Bynum or Chandler, Lebron and Wade still are too similar to both truly shine with each other on the floor at the same time. So you put a guy like Iman Shumpert or Ronnie Brewer on Wade, and just gear your team defense towards Lebron. And see if their 3pt shooters beat you. Teams that can play any style like the the Knicks and Nets could be a nightmare for them in the postseason. There's a reason they went small, it's because going small allows more space for Lebron and Wade to operate and not rely so much on defense leading to transition buckets to score. If they go big, even if they get a solid big...their offensive halfcourt problems return. But what are they going to do against teams like the Nets and Knicks that don't turn the ball over due to solid guard play and a controlled pace? Going to be tough in a series. That's the type of play that is why the Celtics have been able to hang with them, even if they're totally out matched

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 11-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
livinglegend
College star

Heat improving their defense.
LAL also improving!
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
No way that we miss another potential Lebron-Kobe finals. Lakers will bounce back like Miami did 2 years ago, and they ll make the finals.
Stern is also retiring soon and he will get his dream match-up before he retirement.

It will either be Lakers - Heat or Lakers - Knicks.
Stern already guaranteed Lakers' place in the finals. The other team he hasn't decided yet. His impression is, "public" (read: tards) want Kobe vs Lebron. But he also wants his true dream finals of Knicks vs Lakers to happen before he retires.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: