Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Players with triple doubles for three teams? (information request)

A colleague of mine brought this to my attention...

Quote:
During the telecast (I am not sure if it was on national TV or some local station) of March 6, 2008 Mavericks vs. Rockets game there was a mention (and perhaps graphic) of players that got triple-doubles with at least three different teams. I know this is probably a long shot, but somebody might know something about this.

I've done some searching, and have tried to find the game. Here's a link to the torrent, but it's been a week or so and there are still no seeds (my first instinct would be to register and request someone seeds for a few days, but from my understanding newly-registered users cannot make requests). This thread on ClutchFans discusses the list (or graphic), but it looks like there was no confirmation/consensus.

So my question is (again as my friend said, this is a longshot), does anyone remember the players mentioned in the graphic? If not, do you have the game downloaded (from my understanding it was the TNT broadcast, and I believe during that winning streak the Rockets ran off)? Or perhaps someone here is a credible user at bt.davka.info that could request a repost?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! The info is much-needed, and I'll rep in return.

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Players with triple doubles for three teams? (information request)

jason kidd (unsurprisingly) has triple double for 3 different teams, dallas, new jersey, and phoenix

the only thing i can think of is to read through this list of triple double games

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

but that would take ages
chips93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Why is the graphic imperative?

Wouldn't it be easier to just look up who the players are? Basketball reference should make the job easy. Just sort by player name.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
chips93

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

michael williams (who!?) has three career triple doubles, one as a pacer, and two as a t-wolf
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
chips93

chris webber has a triple double with washington, sacramento, and golden state
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
chips93

ben uzoh and beno udrih both have triple doubles
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
chips93

lamar odom has triple doubles as a laker, heat, and clipper
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
jason kidd (unsurprisingly) has triple double for 3 different teams, dallas, new jersey, and phoenix

the only thing i can think of is to read through this list of triple double games

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

but that would take ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Why is the graphic imperative?

Wouldn't it be easier to just look up who the players are? Basketball reference should make the job easy. Just sort by player name.

Thanks for the responses...

The data on basketball-reference isn't an issue, but they only go back to the 85-86 season. Prior to then we have a lot more box scores/articles (from our own research), but this isn't complete. The information was supposedly from the Elias Sports Bureau, meaning it's complete back to the beginning of the league. We're looking for this in hopes of completing the triple doubles lists:

http://gorba77.w.interia.pl/01NBA/05...larseason1.xls

http://gorba77.w.interia.pl/01NBA/05...larseason2.xls

http://gorba77.w.interia.pl/01NBA/05...0Playoffs1.xls

http://gorba77.w.interia.pl/01NBA/05...0Playoffs2.xls

I only joined them recently to contribute what little I can, but this effort (among their others) has been rather exhaustive and they've done an excellent job for some time.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
chips93

andre miller for the cavs, sixers, nuggets and clippers

Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
chips93

add rodney mccray, toni kukoc, and mark jackson with 5 different teams
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
chips93

chuck hayes had a triple double two years ago!?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wilt easily had triple double games for Warriors/Sixers/Lakers but I'm sure you already knew that
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
chips93

b-diddy and barkley too

that was strangley fun
Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
fpliii
sick of agendas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Wilt easily had triple double games for Warriors/Sixers/Lakers but I'm sure you already knew that

yep lol:

http://gorba77.w.interia.pl/01NBA/07...hamberlain.xls

these guys are pros
Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Chris Webber; Warriors, Bullets, Kings
Lamar Odom; Clippers, Heat, Lakers
Andre Miller; Cavaliers, Clippers, Nuggets, Sixers
Rodney McCray; Rockets, Kings, Mavericks
Toni Kukoc; Bulls, Sixers, Hawks
Jason Kidd; Mavericks, Suns, Nets
Mark Jackson; Knicks, Clippers, Nuggets, Pacers, Raptors
Baron Davis; Hornets, Warriors, Clippers
Charles Barkley; Sixers, Suns, Rockets

http://bkref.com/tiny/fkfVi
Making sorted by name made it a lot easier compared to sorted by point.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: