Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #16
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

Default Re: Detroit Pistons stadium crowd shot

comparable to the cHeat crowd..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #17
MetsPackers
new based god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

Oh shit I forgot this ever happened! I was at this game with my dad and my uncle! It was crazy seeing that but it was awesome players were talkin to us and shit i had completely forgot that happened
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #18
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=Van&lg=n

considering how awful those teams were, those #s are amazing. Raptors are top 10 in the league too despite their awful team.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax

That about sums it up.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmuston Beltics
Attendance: 10517

That was better than the Hawks last night.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
That was better than the Hawks last night.

I was there couldn't have been more than 6,000 people. I'm sure the Hawks will list it around 10,000 too though.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Oh shit I forgot this ever happened! I was at this game with my dad and my uncle! It was crazy seeing that but it was awesome players were talkin to us and shit i had completely forgot that happened

How do you attend a game like that but forget it happened?
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #24
dd24
College superstar

It's too bad Pistons fans can't appreciate what they have there. It's not like games are expensive to go to. If they were in LA they wouldn't be able to go to a game if they wanted to..... it costs so much money for a decent seat. The Pistons have some fun young players to watch. If I were in Detroit I'd be checking out as many games as I could. With another solid draft this year and a good offseason aquisition the Pistons will be a good team again. I'm really hoping for a top 3 pick this year. We haven't had one yet through this stretch. Detroit always seems to go on a winning streak at the end of the season and it screws them over. They've been lucky with people sliding down in the draft, but they really do need that one really good draft pick. To me, I'd like to watch the games through this rebuilding process.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

My how the mighty have fallen.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
It's too bad Pistons fans can't appreciate what they have there. It's not like games are expensive to go to. If they were in LA they wouldn't be able to go to a game if they wanted to..... it costs so much money for a decent seat. The Pistons have some fun young players to watch. If I were in Detroit I'd be checking out as many games as I could. With another solid draft this year and a good offseason aquisition the Pistons will be a good team again. I'm really hoping for a top 3 pick this year. We haven't had one yet through this stretch. Detroit always seems to go on a winning streak at the end of the season and it screws them over. They've been lucky with people sliding down in the draft, but they really do need that one really good draft pick. To me, I'd like to watch the games through this rebuilding process.
I'm planning on hitting up a contest or two this year because I agree, I think it's always worth supporting a squad you like, particularly when tickets are so affordable at this point. Unfortunately, I think most fans are motivated by winning and what's hot. The Tigers had terrible attendance once the newness of their stadium wore off. But the minute they began really winning, suddenly I have all these Facebook friends who've supposedly been die-hard Tigers fans for life.

I think the Pistons just caught a lot of bad at once. People don't like to hear it, but it's true that once William Davidson passed away, Joe Dumars was largely unable to make any sort of transactions until new ownership was secured (it took nearly two years). I also feel a new sense of entitlement among fans - in '02 Detroit fans were just happy to make the playoffs, by '09 they were pissed any time they didn't win a championship. Further, that players revolt combined with the NBA lockout only reminded a lot of folks about how rich players are, and how much that sickens them.

Basically, Detroit had a team that'd fallen off, some bad moves were made (then not made), they struggled, they bickered with their coach, then the league locked out and there was no real good reason for non die-hard fans to come back. Greg Monroe's very nice, but he's not exactly exciting. Hopefully Andre Drummond and Brandon Knight can provide some of that hype and energy as we move along.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Separately, I read an article in the Free Press today suggesting the Pistons must now move downtown as the supposed reason they're not drawing is because they play in Auburn Hills. I thought it was interesting to pen such an article after just two years of down attendance, more or less ignoring the fact Detroit set a consecutive sell-outs record in '09 and led the league in attendance six times during the '00's.

The Pistons will have to do something big on the hardwood, but when they do, the fans will come back. They're always coming back.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star

Trading away your best player and best leader so that you can give your franchise's keys to Rodney ****ing Stuckey? You deserve every minute of this.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #29
embersyc
Lurker

Yeah because it's so much better to go downtown then to go to Auburn Hills.

Has any Free Press writers actually been downtown lately? The nice thing about seeing games at the palace is you don't have to pay $20 to park and you don't have have to run a gauntlet of beggars to get in the door.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Trading away your best player and best leader so that you can give your franchise's keys to Rodney ****ing Stuckey? You deserve every minute of this.

That's not what happenend at all. Joe D knew the Pistons weren't going to get past the Celtics. He knew everybody was getting older. He tried to make a move, then the owner passed away and we knew it would be a longer process than we thought. Also, who in the world was that fond of Billups outside of Pistons fans at that time? Everybody in the world didn't realize how good those players were individually. Everybody said they couldn't succeed without each other. Billups never got near the respect he deserved until he was successful in Denver.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: