Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default What is your Favorite Western?

Westerns are one of my favorite genres and I find it unfortunate that there aren't as many as there used to be. There have been so many good westerns over the years that it's difficult to choose which is my favorite. I loved the turn that they took in the mid sixties with the Spaghetti Western and I consider the dollars trilogy to be among the best trilogies in film history. If I had to make a decision I suppose I would pick The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Personally, I believe it possessed the greatest combination of plot, humor, acting and cinematography.

All three lead actors, Eastwood, Wallach, and Van Cleef were brilliant in their roles and the ending is one of the great scenes in history.

Another one of my favorites would be Unforgiven. This is a very dark movie but is so well done, with fantastic acting, Hackman especially, and a beautiful score.

AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board
Default Re: What is your Favorite Western?

Shanghai Noon>>>>

My name is nobody>>>>

Last edited by Just2McFly : 11-28-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Good, The Bad, and The Weird. Does that count?
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All of the following could be #1 to me:

The Searchers
Liberty Valance
Unforgiven
Good, Bad, Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West

Followed on the next tier by:

The Proposition
Josey Wales
Stagecoach
Red River
Rio Bravo
Open Range
High Plains Drifter
True Grit (both the original and remake have their redeeming qualities and belong on this list)
Pale Rider
The Naked Spur

And then below them:

Fistful
For a Few Dollars More
The Far Country
Winchester 73
The Man from Laramie
Hang em High
The Shootist
El Dorado

All I can think of off the top of my head, certainly I've missed some of my favorites.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
All of the following could be #1 to me:

The Searchers
Liberty Valance
Unforgiven
Good, Bad, Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West

Followed on the next tier by:

The Proposition
Josey Wales
Stagecoach
Red River
Rio Bravo
Open Range
High Plains Drifter
True Grit (both the original and remake have their redeeming qualities and belong on this list)
Pale Rider
The Naked Spur

And then below them:

Fistful
For a Few Dollars More
The Far Country
Winchester 73
The Man from Laramie
Hang em High
The Shootist
El Dorado

All I can think of off the top of my head, certainly I've missed some of my favorites.

What about Treasure of the Sierra Madre, is that considered a western?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
What about Treasure of the Sierra Madre, is that considered a western?
I don't consider it one, no. It's just as good or better as any film on my list, but I wouldn't categorize it in that way at all.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Magnificent Seven
Once upon a time in the West
The Quick and the Dead
True Grit
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Unforgiven
Tombstone
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haven't watched many Westerns, but one of my fav movies all-time;

NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

all time fave is probably Unforgiven. i like it's realistic approach.

good, bad and the ugly and once upon a time in the west are great too.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

I don't really like Westerns (My Dad loves it), but The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was a really good film, the soundtrack in that movie is top notch.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

The Wild Bunch
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
Solidape
Serious playground baller

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly + the music
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
Anti Hero
Banned

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not my favorite.. but it could be..

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Unforgiven
2. High Plains Drifter
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Most people will pick an old movie but I think 3:10 to Yuma is every bit as good as any classic you can name.

It is one of the best movies of the past 10 years as well.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: