Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #31
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

who was the 08 celtics' dynamic superstar? kg was no longer a superstar, pierce was great in the finals, but he wasnt a superstar either.

i think if things break for them, the grizzles could win it all.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,516
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Then the same question applies.


Yes, this current Memphis team can win an NBA title. I actually think they are the toughest matchup for the eventual EC Champs, the Miami Heat. The West has quite a few quality teams that are capable of beating the Grizzly as well though, including the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, and perhaps eventually the Lakers.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #33
Shepseskaf
Old School
 
Shepseskaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Caribbean
Posts: 5,908
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Marc Gasol is their best player.
Wait... why is Gasol the Grizz' best player?

I've only seen two of their games so far this year, but it looks to me that ZBo is the man, and the team's go-to guy.

He also leads Gasol in just about every important stat, except for FG%.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #34
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Wait... why is Gasol the Grizz' best player?

I've only seen two of their games so far this year, but it looks to me that ZBo is the man, and the team's go-to guy.

He also leads Gasol in just about every important stat, except for FG%.

gasol is the best passer on the team, without him, their ball movement is pretty bad. on top of that, gasol is a much better defender. he can block shots, defend the post, and defend the pick and roll much better than z-bo. hes a pretty low post scorer, (not as good as zach though obviously), and definitely worse than z-bo on the glass.

personally, i think marc is better. but both guys each have a pretty good case, to be considered the team's best player
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #35
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,186
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
who was the 08 celtics' dynamic superstar? kg was no longer a superstar, pierce was great in the finals, but he wasnt a superstar either.

i think if things break for them, the grizzles could win it all.

thats why dude finished 3rd in the MVP race?

KG was the 4th best player that season and u got Pierce being top 10-15 range with Ray Allen top 20 as well.

Z-Bo is no joke. And i disagree with everybody saying that Marc Gasol is their best player
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #36
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
thats why dude finished 3rd in the MVP race?

KG was the 4th best player that season and u got Pierce being top 10-15 range with Ray Allen top 20 as well.

Z-Bo is no joke. And i disagree with everybody saying that Marc Gasol is their best player

its a similar situation

no offenesive superstar, and a really good defensive team

at that point in their careers, none of the big three was an elite offensive player, just like the grizzlies



if memphis can keep up their defense through the season, and through the playoffs, and their offense holds up, with them sharing the load, they could definitely compete for a title
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #37
senelcoolidge
College star
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 4,059
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Grizzlies are a second round team at most. I highly doubt it.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #38
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,731
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Dunno great team but no superstar leader is a downside..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #39
AussieG
Good High School Starter
 
AussieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 914
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
gasol is the best passer on the team, without him, their ball movement is pretty bad. on top of that, gasol is a much better defender. he can block shots, defend the post, and defend the pick and roll much better than z-bo. hes a pretty low post scorer, (not as good as zach though obviously), and definitely worse than z-bo on the glass.

personally, i think marc is better. but both guys each have a pretty good case, to be considered the team's best player

Gasol is like a big man version of Conley.. he doesn't have flashy stats but is invaluable to the team.. he has high basketball IQ.. guides the team and passes well.. can score when needed (but usually not that often).. defers to others.. and guides the team with Hollin's offense.. he's also a really tough competitor and doesn't shy from physical contact.. and plays with huge energy for a big man of his bodyshape/size.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #40
BoutPractice
I'll pass
 
BoutPractice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,027
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

No, but the Grizzlies definitely can win a title with Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol in their starting 5. That group has few weaknesses, especially if you add all the nice players they have on the bench.

I also think that they were real contenders in 2011 and 2012, despite losing in the second and first round respectively. They happened to lose, but their chance to win it all prior to the start of the playoffs would've been in the double digits, especially in 2011.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #41
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind
 
ncrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Can the Grizzlies Win a Title with Zach Randolph as their Best Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutPractice
No, but the Grizzlies definitely can win a title with Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol in their starting 5. That group has few weaknesses, especially if you add all the nice players they have on the bench.

I also think that they were real contenders in 2011 and 2012, despite losing in the second and first round respectively. They happened to lose, but their chance to win it all prior to the start of the playoffs would've been in the double digits, especially in 2011.

good post
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy