Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Inside the NBA pre-Kenny & Charles?

Does anyone remember who was with Ernie than. Without a google search, I'm thinking Reggie Theus and maybe Peter Vecey were apart of the crew, but I am probably dead wrong.

It' weird, I've been watching the NBA since 1994, but the first thing I remember about Inside the NBA was the 2000 Slam Dunk Contest. Hell, I can't remember it before than, maybe it didn't even exist.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Inside the NBA pre-Kenny & Charles?

i THINK Kenny came first a few years before Chuck..damn, I can't even remember. All I remember is they had some R&B rendition of the Inside The NBA song....
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
Hoopz2332
National High School Star

Hoopz2332 has not been impressing people

I think Ernie was mainly solo at first and then kenny came. Sometimes Vecy would be in the studio with Ernie and kenny though while Theus was at the games.
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

only thing i remember reggie theus for is that sitcom he had called "hangtime", where he was a highschool basketball coach for a coed team haha.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Alter Ego
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Alter Ego has an OK reputation so far

I don't even remember when Inside the NBA started.
Anyone have any info?
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego
I don't even remember when Inside the NBA started.
Anyone have any info?
I remember the pre-Chuck years very well, but I can't recall if it was still called "Inside the NBA". Ernie's always been there and as others mentioned Reggie Theus is the first guy that comes to mind when thinking of TNT analysis back then. The only thing about that setup that interested me was the halftime show, so I could see the highlights of other games going on around the league (highlights that were often tough to come by back then without YouTube... though Sportscenter also sufficed). Maybe I don't recall a postgame show because I was never up late enough to watch it back then.

The Chuck era of Inside the NBA began during the 2000-2001 season. Folks weren't entirely sure if Barkley was even going to do it for more than a year. Here's what it looked like back then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX8afEzVkrU

Favorite exchange from the clip:

Ernie: Kenny says he can take you.

Mike Tyson: Take me how? To the store?

Last edited by Rake2204 : 11-29-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasLakerFan
i THINK Kenny came first a few years before Chuck..damn, I can't even remember. All I remember is they had some R&B rendition of the Inside The NBA song....

This one is what I remember dang Hakeem glory days!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Drgme-Hy4
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #8
Hoopz2332

Hoopz2332 has not been impressing people

I remember it being boring as hell pre-Barkley
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #9
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
This one is what I remember dang Hakeem glory days!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Drgme-Hy4

I miss this era, life was good back then, the world was at peace. Now everything fucking sucks.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: