Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Pau Gasol for Andrea Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Toronto doesn't do this? Only if the GM values Bargnani as Lebron.
Bryan Colangelo values him more than Lebron.

Quote:
Toronto is in the playoffs with this...shit, they should throw in Terrence Ross too. Still super worth it.

I hope we're not playoff worthy, and I see no reason why the Raps would need to throw in Ross. As useless as that pick was for the Raptors when they picked him, there is still no reason he should be a throw-in. Rookie scale contract, decent player, some potential, type of player Raps should have on a terrible team...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

knowing the lakers front office I think they will get Josh Smith + Korver or morrow
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Bryan Colangelo values him more than Lebron.

I hope we're not playoff worthy, and I see no reason why the Raps would need to throw in Ross. As useless as that pick was for the Raptors when they picked him, there is still no reason he should be a throw-in. Rookie scale contract, decent player, some potential, type of player Raps should have on a terrible team...

Team can be a very good team next year if Gasol plays like Gasol. Gasol is one of the best players in the world. If he plays like the guy in Memphis or the guy from 07-11, or the guy in the Olympics...that's a win. And he's shown no signs of physical decline. He's just like a bitch.

And playing well in Toronto makes him an elite player again, with only one year left on his contract.

Quote:
Derozan and Bargnani? Where do I sign up as a Raps fan?

I don't care for Gasol, but getting rid of a bad contract in Derozan and a bad player in Bargnani is worth it...

DeRozan has played well this season and I see him as a quality starter, but his contract is still a big question mark so I can understand this...He's not a great shooter but he can learn from his idol. If you can get Gasol, it's worth it...assuming he's not a bitch.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 11-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Team can be a very good team next year if Gasol plays like Gasol. Gasol is one of the best players in the world. If he plays like the guy in Memphis or the guy from 07-11, or the guy in the Olympics...that's a win. And he's shown no signs of physical decline. He's just like a bitch.

And playing well in Toronto makes him an elite player again, with only one year left on his contract.

DeRozan has played well this season and I see him as a quality starter, but his contract is still a big question mark so I can understand this...He's not a great shooter but he can learn from his idol. If you can get Gasol, it's worth it...assuming he's not a bitch.

Gasol is past being elite. He can still be a very good player if utilized, but him admitting about knee pain and all that stuff, it's definitely sign of physical decline. I don't care for Gasol, I don't want Raptors to win. We need high ceiling players in Toronto; we don't have any except Valanciunas right now. Shabbaz, Wiggins, Noel, etc needed in Toronto. Sadly, if we don't get a Top 3 pick this, we have no pick.

Also, I'm not sure if Derozan is a quality starter. I think he's a solid rotation player on a good team. He doesn't have handles to beat his man, and does not do anything defensively to warrant playing if he isn't scoring. He also doesn't rebound the well either. He's either scoring or a negative on the team...
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #36
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Gasol is past being elite. He can still be a very good player if utilized, but him admitting about knee pain and all that stuff, it's definitely sign of physical decline. I don't care for Gasol, I don't want Raptors to win. We need high ceiling players in Toronto; we don't have any except Valanciunas right now. Shabbaz, Wiggins, Noel, etc needed in Toronto. Sadly, if we don't get a Top 3 pick this, we have no pick.

Also, I'm not sure if Derozan is a quality starter. I think he's a solid rotation player on a good team. He doesn't have handles to beat his man, and does not do anything defensively to warrant playing if he isn't scoring. He also doesn't rebound the well either. He's either scoring or a negative on the team...

DeMar is currently an above average starter. Scoring wise he's averaging 18PPG on good percentages, rebounding the ball fairly well at nearly 5 per game, and has been making some nice passes out of the double team and off his drives. He also doesn't force his offence very much, although he does need to be more aggressive and trying to dunk on people instead of laying it up around the contact.

I agree he isn't quite worth his contract, not yet anyways.. but he is not as bad as your making him out to be.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

That'd be awesome since it'd torpedo LA even more. Won't happen though.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

He looked alright in the Princeton but even then he was hot/cold (especially when most of shots come/came from 10-15 ft). Sorry to say PG fans but his role has to be more defined or else LAL should move him/start getting Dwight more touches in the post.

To sum things up, Nash being out has created a big hole in the Lakers rotations. You can only roll with guys like Morris and Duhon for so long before it starts becoming unwatchable.

All in all, I wouldn't trade him for Bargs. Wait till Nash comes back. See what he brings to the table. Ya'll are still an unfinished product.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
DeMar is currently an above average starter. Scoring wise he's averaging 18PPG on good percentages, rebounding the ball fairly well at nearly 5 per game, and has been making some nice passes out of the double team and off his drives. He also doesn't force his offence very much, although he does need to be more aggressive and trying to dunk on people instead of laying it up around the contact.

I agree he isn't quite worth his contract, not yet anyways.. but he is not as bad as your making him out to be.

18 PPG in 37 minutes at 44% isn't anything great. Again, on a good team, I'm not sure he starts, and even if he does, no way he sees anything more than 30 minutes of game time. Also, when a good perimeter defender is put on him, he disappears. The fact that he doesn't take and make 3-pointers is another negative from your shooting guard. 4.7 rebs in 37 minutes isn't good either but he has improved on it over his career numbers, so I suppose that's good...
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #41
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Offensively the Lakers would be incredible. PG play would be consistently good not only game to game but minute to minute with Steve Nash and Jose Calderon; plus the floor would be spaced enough for people to attack the paint while still giving Dwight Howard room to operate.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The trade makes a lot of sense if you believe D'Antoni doesn't care about rebounds and interior d and just loves a jumpshooting 4. Of course weak d and rebounding is not a formula for winning Championships.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
How about...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwc5uq9

Detroit gets rid of their cancers and big contracts while getting a veteran all star to help their young core, Lakers get younger and add much needed athleticism, 3 point shooting and toughness.

That's not a good trade for Detroit. They already have Monroe, who is a lot like Gasol. They just drafted Drummond to play next to him. There's no way they take on Gasol's salary. Joe D doesn't believe in contracts like that. Remember back when Boozer was rumored to go to Detroit rather than Chicago? It all came down to money, and Joe D doesn't like to pay players over 12 million per season.

I'm the one that said a while back that Charlie V would be a great fit next to Dwight. He has size and he shoots the 3 as good as anybody. He could do what Ryan Anderson did next to him last season. Charlie's contract isn't bad either. The Pistons recently started playing him again too. I'm guessing it was to showcase him a bit because there's a good chance he will be traded. He's been playing well. I could see him in a Lakers uniform. There's just no players on the Lakers that Detroit would want (outside of the obvious superstars). It would take a 3rd team to get involved (maybe Houston???).
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #44
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That's not a good trade for Detroit. They already have Monroe, who is a lot like Gasol. They just drafted Drummond to play next to him. There's no way they take on Gasol's salary. Joe D doesn't believe in contracts like that. Remember back when Boozer was rumored to go to Detroit rather than Chicago? It all came down to money, and Joe D doesn't like to pay players over 12 million per season.

I'm the one that said a while back that Charlie V would be a great fit next to Dwight. He has size and he shoots the 3 as good as anybody. He could do what Ryan Anderson did next to him last season. Charlie's contract isn't bad either. The Pistons recently started playing him again too. I'm guessing it was to showcase him a bit because there's a good chance he will be traded. He's been playing well. I could see him in a Lakers uniform. There's just no players on the Lakers that Detroit would want (outside of the obvious superstars). It would take a 3rd team to get involved (maybe Houston???).

fcuk detroit. its a horrid trade for the lakers

charlie V?? Maggette??? jesus
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #45
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputation

deal 100%
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: