Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Lebron (Player), Knicks (Team) Lead NBA Jersey Sales...

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/ar...sey-sale-lists

MIAMI (AP) LeBron James is atop the NBA's jersey-sales list once again.

The Miami Heat star has the league's hottest-selling jersey, marking the third time the NBA's reigning MVP and Finals MVP has held that distinction. James was No. 4 in the most recent rankings, released in April.

Since then, all he's done is win his third MVP award, a second Olympic gold medal and help the Heat win the NBA championship the franchise's second and his first.

"It's an honor to be No. 1," said James, who last had the league's best-selling jersey in April 2011.

The league released its latest sales-rankings list on Wednesday, with the New York Knicks leading the team-sales category for the first time since December 2004.

On the players' list, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant checked in at No. 2, six spots higher than where he was in April and likely buoyed by the Thunder reaching the NBA Finals. Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers has the league's No. 3-selling jersey, followed by New York's Carmelo Anthony, Chicago's Derrick Rose, Boston's Rajon Rondo, Miami's Dwyane Wade, the Los Angeles Clippers' Blake Griffin, the Lakers' Dwight Howard and the Clippers' Chris Paul at No. 10.

Brooklyn's Deron Williams is No. 11, followed by Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook, the Lakers' Steve Nash, Boston's Paul Pierce and Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki.

The list is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York and NBAStore.com from April through Nov. 26.

"I give all of the credit to the fans," said James, whose Cleveland jersey topped the league sales charts in 2004. "I would also like to thank all of my supporters and the Miami Heat organization. Let's keep it going."

In the team sales rankings, the Knicks were one spot ahead of the Heat. New York was No. 2 in the April rankings, with Miami then at No. 4.

The Lakers are No. 3 on the new list, followed by Chicago (which was No. 1 in April), Boston, Oklahoma City, Brooklyn, the Clippers, San Antonio and Dallas.

The NBA said it had record-breaking sales over Thanksgiving weekend, saying sales on the so-called Cyber Monday were up more than 10 percent over last year. Cyber Monday last year fell two days after the league and its players announced a tentative end to the NBA lockout.

It was Westbrook's first time on the list. Rondo and Paul each moved up four spots, and the Lakers were the only team with three players among the top 15 best-sellers.

Rose was No. 1 on the most recent list, released April 26. Houston guard Jeremy Lin, whose now-former Knicks jersey was No. 2 in the April rankings, fell out of the top 15.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron (Player), Knicks (Team) Lead NBA Jersey Sales...

I think the interesting thing is during the tail end of Linsanity Knicks were not #1 but we are now. Kind of suprising.

Does anyone else get irritated by their teams choices of jerseys in stores? Knicks have Novak but no Smith, and Chandler isn't even that common (Kidd is more common). Nets, one of their base choices is Taylor which is bizarre.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe top 3 in jersey sale..

Its a proof that Kobe is still a top 3 player in the league at worst..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm shocked the Brooklyn Nets are not #1. Brand new logo. I guess lack of popular names besides Deron hurts them.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Does anyone else get irritated by their teams choices of jerseys in stores? Knicks have Novak but no Smith, and Chandler isn't even that common (Kidd is more common). Nets, one of their base choices is Taylor which is bizarre.

Where do you see this? You mean just you browsing in the store?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm shocked the Brooklyn Nets are not #1. Brand new logo. I guess lack of popular names besides Deron hurts them.........

Where do you see this? You mean just you browsing in the store?
Yeah, the models, the Dick's, the NBA store. It's Melo, Amare, Kidd and a spattering of Chandler and Novak. Only the MSG store has Smith, etc. but those are custom made there and sold. There are a few players on every team that you can get without being custom made, Nicks are Stoudamire, Melo, Kidd, Novak, Chandler and Nets have more (but they are new) and it's JJ, Deron, Lopez, Humphries, Brooks and Taylor.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah, the models, the Dick's, the NBA store. It's Melo, Amare, Kidd and a spattering of Chandler and Novak. Only the MSG store has Smith, etc. but those are custom made there and sold. There are a few players on every team that you can get without being custom made, Nicks are Stoudamire, Melo, Kidd, Novak, Chandler and Nets have more (but they are new) and it's JJ, Deron, Lopez, Humphries, Brooks and Taylor.

Makes sense. I really don't think JR Smith jerseys would be a popular seller. Novak has a following. And Jason Kidd is Jason Kidd so........

They need to push Prigioni jerseys in the Hispanic areas.......mucho dinero........
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Makes sense. I really don't think JR Smith jerseys would be a popular seller. Novak has a following. And Jason Kidd is Jason Kidd so........

They need to push Prigioni jerseys in the Hispanic areas.......mucho dinero........

As opposed to Melo who's puerto rican?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
As opposed to Melo who's puerto rican?

Melo needs to break out the Spanish.....
Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Melo at 4th is quite surprising to me and Rose at 5th shows his fan-base hasn't dwindled with his injury. Really hoping he gets back to playing soon. I really expected Dwight to be in the top 5, but it shows the general populace still love Kobe.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Melo at 4th is quite surprising to me and Rose at 5th shows his fan-base hasn't dwindled with his injury. Really hoping he gets back to playing soon. I really expected Dwight to be in the top 5, but it shows the general populace still love Kobe.
NY has a LOT of people. We also have a lot of transplants all over. That must help.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's amazing and shocking how the Bulls and Rose individually remain so high on the list. Let's hope he regains form. Deron should be a bit higher in my opinion.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...-rankings.html

It's actually James leads individual and Knicks is for all merchandise, not just jerseys. Rankings is same.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
It's amazing and shocking how the Bulls and Rose individually remain so high on the list. Let's hope he regains form. Deron should be a bit higher in my opinion.

Give it time, Nets sucked last year and Deron doesn't like to talk. Winning will make those things both not matter.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
NY has a LOT of people. We also have a lot of transplants all over. That must help.

I just never realized the knicks would be this popular (with their semi lack of success in the playoffs) compared to the Heat/Lakers, but its pretty amazing
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
I just never realized the knicks would be this popular (with their semi lack of success in the playoffs) compared to the Heat/Lakers, but its pretty amazing

Even though the Knicks havent done crap in the last decade, they are right there with the Lakers in profitability. Imagine that. The Lakers, a team that has won 5 championships in the last decade is pretty much tied with the Knicks in revenue. They will always be popular. If they actually win multiple playoff series or a championship, they would be worth a billion dollars. A figure that Mikhail Prokhorov expect the Nets to reach within seveeral years. I'll hope for the best.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: