Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Lebron (Player), Knicks (Team) Lead NBA Jersey Sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Even though the Knicks havent done crap in the last decade, they are right there with the Lakers in profitability. Imagine that. The Lakers, a team that has won 5 championships in the last decade is pretty much tied with the Knicks in revenue. They will always be popular. If they actually win multiple playoff series or a championship, they would be worth a billion dollars. A figure that Mikhail Prokhorov expect the Nets to reach within seveeral years. I'll hope for the best.
Knicks control their broadcasting. It's why they are so profitable.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm shocked the Brooklyn Nets are not #1.
Probably because their jerseys ****ing suck. Are you really surprised that people aren't rushing out to buy a plain black tanktop with "Brooklyn" in plain white font and doesn't even have a logo of any kind?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
bluechox2
#knickstape

they say the tally for the nets are from its old New jersey merchandise and doesn't include Brooklyn in it...so actually they may be leading the whole thing and will show on the next tally
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
they say the tally for the nets are from its old New jersey merchandise and doesn't include Brooklyn in it...so actually they may be leading the whole thing and will show on the next tally
No it doesn't, it says its from sales include Cyber Monday. It also says the BROOKLYN Nets are 5th or 6th. How would they be 5th or 6th if they didn't include Brooklyn? No one bought NJ merchandise. Neither article says anything of the sort nor does it print the tally in a link. Nets haven't had NJ jerseys since last year. What are you looking at?

Last edited by niko : 11-29-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
DuMa
Canned

NBA store is in Manhattan, of course the knicks will win that store. and they changed their jersey enough so every other idiot new yorker would fall for it and buy it. thats enough to trump all other team merchandise.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Who,would of thought this two years ago...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
NBA store is in Manhattan, of course the knicks will win that store. and they changed their jersey enough so every other idiot new yorker would fall for it and buy it. thats enough to trump all other team merchandise.

It's NBA store and NBA.com and they are using the store for sampling %, not overall sales. And you're pretty much completely wrong about the store too, the people going there are for a huge part tourists and the NY stuff is no more prevalent than any of the other teams. Absolutely not even a little bit. There are as many Lebron jerseys as Melo jerseys, and no Novak, Chandler, shirts, etc. It's not a NY Knicks store. You're 100% wrong. There's much more Heat and Laker stuff than Knick stuff. Nets too.

It's not Modells where it's NY stuff, the NBA store is literally the NBA store and doesn't cater to the home teams at all.

Note: I met CC Sabathia there a few weeks ago if anyone cares. =) We (literally) bumped into him and my son waved at him.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

"We were kind of surprised Wednesday when we read a New York Post story about how Knicks merchandise, not the Nets, was the top selling gear among NBA teams, at least online and at the NBA's (temporary) store at Fifth and 48th Street in Manhattan. The Post appeared to take special glee in the news that the Nets finished seventh. Seemed odd to us. After all, everyone we know is wearing black-and-white and the Nets Shop at Barclays Center has LINES!

Well, as it turns out, Marc Berman, the Knicks beat writer, had to correct his story later in the day. The sales figures are FOR SIX MONTHS, from April through Thanksgiving And since the Nets have only been selling their uniform jerseys since September 28, TWO MONTHS AGO, those numbers just might be a bit skewed. Also, the Knicks online sales were helped by "LinSanity," which you may have heard moved to Houston in July. ("Felt-Down" sales figures are likely to be much lower.)

As Berman notes in his revised copy, "According to a league source, Brooklyn’s merchandise is actually No. 1 since the season began in late October, hardly a surprise considering its novelty and fashionable black-and-white color scheme. So the Knicks’ reign on No. 1 may be short-lived on the next tally — which is done twice a year." Oh, Don't you hate it when facts get in the way of a good story!"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...content=Knicks
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
"We were kind of surprised Wednesday when we read a New York Post story about how Knicks merchandise, not the Nets, was the top selling gear among NBA teams, at least online and at the NBA's (temporary) store at Fifth and 48th Street in Manhattan. The Post appeared to take special glee in the news that the Nets finished seventh. Seemed odd to us. After all, everyone we know is wearing black-and-white and the Nets Shop at Barclays Center has LINES!

Well, as it turns out, Marc Berman, the Knicks beat writer, had to correct his story later in the day. The sales figures are FOR SIX MONTHS, from April through Thanksgiving And since the Nets have only been selling their uniform jerseys since September 28, TWO MONTHS AGO, those numbers just might be a bit skewed. Also, the Knicks online sales were helped by "LinSanity," which you may have heard moved to Houston in July. ("Felt-Down" sales figures are likely to be much lower.)

As Berman notes in his revised copy, "According to a league source, Brooklyn’s merchandise is actually No. 1 since the season began in late October, hardly a surprise considering its novelty and fashionable black-and-white color scheme. So the Knicks’ reign on No. 1 may be short-lived on the next tally — which is done twice a year." Oh, Don't you hate it when facts get in the way of a good story!"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...content=Knicks

So you want to only compare during the time period Nets gear changed? Basically, LETS ONLY COUNT WHEN THE NETS SALES WILL BE THE MOST. Make sure to remove the Knick Linsanity time, and only count the initial Net sale.

Let's see the next six month tally when the Nets stuff is not in it's first month. You are assuming his skewed the data greatly against you, it did but the period you want to count skews the data greatly in your favor. It's equally unfair.

The NBA counts in six month periods. You are basically saying to change that so the Nets stuff wins. Yes, the NY Post person does not understand that but it's the NY Post.

See ya next count.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #25
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So you want to only compare during the time period Nets gear changed? Basically, LETS ONLY COUNT WHEN THE NETS SALES WILL BE THE MOST. Make sure to remove the Knick Linsanity time, and only count the initial Net sale.

Let's see the next six month tally when the Nets stuff is not in it's first month. You are assuming his skewed the data greatly against you, it did but the period you want to count skews the data greatly in your favor. It's equally unfair.

The NBA counts in six month periods. You are basically saying to change that so the Nets stuff wins. Yes, the NY Post person does not understand that but it's the NY Post.

See ya next count.

It was interesting seeing the real reason the Nets were ranked so low (7). They have been only selling their jerseys for two months while every other team for 6. That doesn't discredit the Knicks. It just answers the question for the Nets.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
It was interesting seeing the real reason the Nets were ranked so low (7). They have been only selling their jerseys for two months while every other team for 6. That doesn't discredit the Knicks. It just answers the question for the Nets.
I agree. I wonder if they count sales or store orders too. The Modells near me has 27,000 times more Nets stuff. You'd be in heaven. They have a huge pile of Taylor jerseys. Who would buy a Taylor jersey?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Kobe top 3 in jersey sale..

Its a proof that Kobe is still a top 3 player in the league at worst..
Nice logic!
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
ihoopallday
King James

I think one main reason LeBron is #1 is because he switched teams. Kobe being #3 is pretty shocking, considering so many people already own his jersey. I'm more of a hat person though. Don't really rock jerseys.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Kobe top 3 in jersey sale..

Its a proof that Kobe is still a top 3 player in the league at worst..
So injured Rose is a better PG than CP3 and Deron. Damn.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Melo at 4th? Who woulda thunk it...

As for Knicks leading in team jersey sales. That I am not surprised by.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: