Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
With Kawhi Leonard hurt, how many players are going to even dress out tonight? Who's the 13th-15th guys on the roster that usually don't dress or are in the D-League?

9 will dress.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

if the heat win easy today they basically got a week long+ rest
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #33
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
can we have a legends game? lets get bruce bowen, sean elliott and david robinson in uniform for tonight please. anybody besides bonner hoisting up 15 3s tonight
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping Carl Herrera and Cadillac Anderson are activated tonight.

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Stern and TNT can't be happy about this. Sounds very much like Pop picked the game he figured they were least likely to win and gave his guys a day off. Makes sense for the Spurs but the League picks teams to showcase on nights like this and doesn't want a starless team getting pounded by 30.

Pop picked this game because it's the last one of a very long road trip. Flying every day for 10 days straight takes a toll.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Pop is hilarious. I mean really how many other coaches could, or would do this? Now how many wouldn't get fired for it lol.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

While on one hand this is a boss like move from Popovich we are all the losers here so dunno why everyone is bowing down.

I wanted to see an entertaining game between these 2 teams.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #37
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do understand where Pop is coming from, though. I think he knows/realizes the odds of the Spurs winning tonight were very slim. His team is coming off this stretch of games:

@LAC (11/7)
@Sac (11/9)
@Por (11/10)
@LAL (11/13)
vsNYK (11/15)
vsDen (11/17)
vsLAC (11/19)
@Bos (11/21)
@Ind (11/23)
@Tor (11/25)
@Was (11/26)
@Orl (11/28)
@Mia (11/29)

An east coast and west coast road trip in about three weeks? And tonight would've been their fourth game in five days, and fifth game in seven days.

Forgot to add that this is the Heat's first game since I think Saturday.

Last edited by KG215 : 11-29-2012 at 05:05 PM.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
While on one hand this is a boss like move from Popovich we are all the losers here so dunno why everyone is bowing down.

I wanted to see an entertaining game between these 2 teams.

As a Spurs fan, I am happy. Not only do key players get rest after a very exhausting road trip, but now we get to see players like Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter get their shine. It's a win win.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Sucks for my fantasy team and sucks for those who bet on the game .

I get what they're doing and I understand that this means nothing in the long run, but this just feels wrong. What if they are 1 game out of a better playoff match up? Lets say the Heat have a rough night and only win by 1-10 points. We'll all be remembering this day.

It's one thing to sit one veteran, but to sit four of the best players on your team while you're already missing a starter is just trolling.

Danny Green is only 25 years old and has only played 49 minutes total over the last 100 + hours!
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #40
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow. I understand what he's doing, but moves like this are just not positive for the game of basketball. And if there's nothing physically wrong with the players directly going into this game, he should've chosen to do it another night.

I don't even care if the Spurs have one of those nights and wins, the star power is what drives this league, it's what kicks up ratings, and puts fans in the seats, which pays their salaries.

I'll get over it though, as I was going to do some research, watch football and Scandal tonight.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #41
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
How would you feel if every team did this on Xmas day games?

depends on the intent. If a team played 7 games in 12 days and plays on Christmas than I really have no problem with them sitting out players. but if they have 4 days off and they do it then I wouldn't be okay with it.

Im sure fans who got tickets on Christmas wouldn't be too happy about it
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #42
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great, f*cking spurs ruined a good game.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #43
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Well as a Spurs fan I won't pretend I am not disappointed. I was rather looking forward to this game.

But as Pop said very well last time, he is not an entertainer, he is a competitor. His job isn't to make fans happy, it's to make his team win. You can't blame him for doing what's best for his team. If anything blame the NBA and the calendar.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

It makes sense. Let MIA see the Spurs at full strength in the Finals. Why show all your cards in a meaningless regular seaon game?

I like that Pop is thinking ahead.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #45
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wonder if stern is tempted to fine spurs..ha
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: