Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far
Default I would only keep 6 memebers of this current roster

Jonas / Demar / Lowry / Ed Davis / T Ross / Quincy Acy.
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I would only keep 6 memebers of this current roster

Ed Davis is a goner. Its too bad because he never averaged more than 25 minutes in his career.

The rest, I would agree with.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

JV and Lowry are the only 2 that really matter. The rest can go depending on the return. DeRozen with his new contract would be at the top of the list of guys that would be expendable.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Wha ? No love for Calderon? I know we have Lowry, but I don't mind having Jose too. Dude is a pretty darn good pg.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
JV and Lowry are the only 2 that really matter. The rest can go depending on the return. DeRozen with his new contract would be at the top of the list of guys that would be expendable.
+1

JV and Lowry for me too. I can't believe the Raptors tanked (poorly) last season only to end up with Ross.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
+1

JV and Lowry for me too. I can't believe the Raptors tanked (poorly) last season only to end up with Ross.

Well, we lost a coin toss to the GSW, and lost out on Harrison Barnes. He would have pretty much solved are problems at the 3 spot.

Lowry and JoVal are only two Raptors of any worth at the moment.

I think Ed Davis will be a good player on another team once he starts getting consistent minutes.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well, we lost a coin toss to the GSW, and lost out on Harrison Barnes. He would have pretty much solved are problems at the 3 spot.
The even worse part of that is if the Raptors win that coin-toss, they probably never blow that money on Fields and maybe hold-off on the silly Derozan extension where they out-bid themselves.

But hey, it's good that the Raptors built up some extra "winning culture" with those hard fought wins last year. I'm sure we'll see the positive impact of that any moment.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00playboy00
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

All those Ross doubters will be eating crow in the not too distant future. Ed Davis needs more burn. Acy well at least he has more balls than half the team. Good depth bench player

Last edited by DaveM123 : 11-29-2012 at 08:36 AM.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00playboy00

+1
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123
All those Ross doubters will be eating crow in the not too distant future. Ed Davis needs more burn. Acy well at least he has more balls than half the team. Good depth bench player

I agree with this.

I liked Ross in college and I liked the pick. Maybe I would have preferred Drummond but what's done is done. Ed Davis has shown new life in the past few games and I hope this will continue, because I was 100% against drafting him and I like to be proved wrong from time to time in these situations.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I would only keep Valanciunas. Everyone else is expendable depending on the return.

I like Lowry enough to not give him away for free. Terrence Ross can develop into a solid rotation player, but obviously not what you'd expect to get in a tank year. The mistreatment of Ed Davis is mind-boggling.

Other than those four, everyone else can go. I do see us losing Ed Davis for nothing though...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As Brwnman said, I think most "Ross doubters" don't doubt that Ross has talent and that he has the potential to develop into a solid rotational player. The issue is star potential. In a year when talent-wise we CLEARLY should've been tanking from day 1, to only have Ross/Acy to show for it is an absolute joke. It has nothing to do with not thinking he can be a good player and everything to do with the fact that regardless of position we should be going for game changers.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I would only keep Valanciunas. Everyone else is expendable depending on the return.

I like Lowry enough to not give him away for free. Terrence Ross can develop into a solid rotation player, but obviously not what you'd expect to get in a tank year. The mistreatment of Ed Davis is mind-boggling.

Other than those four, everyone else can go. I do see us losing Ed Davis for nothing though...
I agree and I wouldn't be averse to eventually trading Lowry either. If a new GM comes in, I hope that a proper rebuild would be the plan. In that scenario, is there really any point to keeping a good player in his late 20's (at that point) like Lowry on the roster? He'd probably be more valuable as a trade asset in 2 years when the team is rebuilding. Also in that scenario, Valanciunas is absolutely the only keeper on this roster based on talent and contracts.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just of note, this according to hoopsworld.

Quote:
Amnesty: Available. Eligible players include Andrea Barngnani, Amir Johnson, Linas Kleiza and Ed Davis (T)

edit: a few more interesting things of note. Lowry's contract is actually only guaranteed for this season and his next season contract is non-guaranteed. Amir Johnson is guaranteed for this season and next, non-guaranteed for his last season (2014-15). Demar unfathomably got 4 years and a player option on his last year.

Last edited by bokes15 : 11-29-2012 at 05:55 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: