Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Raps Land Pietrus

Does anyone know if Pietrus is supposed to be playing tonight?
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
We just waived our starter!!

HAHAHAAHAHA that just shows how sad our starting lineup is.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I actually love Pietrus, always have, so I'm excited to have him. ...but everyone above is correct, this won't help us at all, and reeks of desperation.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Why can't the Raps just scour the D-League for a body? I much rather see us experiment with an unknown at this point.

Pietrus is never healthy, and won't contribute much.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have signed free-agent guard-forward Mickael Pietrus (MY-kel PEE-trus).

Pietrus, 6-foot-6, 215 pounds, has shot .357 per cent (659-1846) from three-point range in his NBA career. He has connected at better than .350 per cent from beyond the arc in five of his past six seasons.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11573#ixzz2Dj0mE7CM
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once again, CBSSPORTS sums it up beautifully.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ickael-pietrus

Quote:
The Raptors have been desperate for a veteran small forward for months. They were shopping for one around the draft, couldn't find one, and wound up taking Terrence Ross. But with their continuing holes at the position, they've elected to bring one in.

Mickael Pietrus has been holding on, weighing his options for which team he wants to play for and seeing what the best deal he could get is. Finally, he decided to join the Raptors on Thursday as reported by USA Today and announced officially by the Raptors on Friday morning.

Pietrus is -- fine. He's a decent rotation player who can hit 3s in streaks and has some athleticism left to guard perimeter players. The only question is why, if Ross is finally starting to come into his own as he has shown in recent weeks, the Raptors who have hit the skids think it's necessary to bring a veteran in now. This is the kind of move you make if things are going well for you and you want to top it off, not if you're terrible and facing a potential tank job in two months.

But the Raptors must believe they just have a few things to sort out to compete and small forward is one of them. Pietrus averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds last season with Boston, shooting 39 percent from the field and 33 percent from 3-point land.

USA Today reported he signed for the veteran minimum for one season.

We have an OK team at best, and instead of giving the young guys more burn (i.e. Ross) and seeing what we have in them we go out and sign another old vet who will serve no purpose other than taking away minutes at the wing spot and MAYBE resulting in an extra win or 2.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Once again, CBSSPORTS sums it up beautifully.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ickael-pietrus

We have an OK team at best, and instead of giving the young guys more burn (i.e. Ross) and seeing what we have in them we go out and sign another old vet who will serve no purpose other than taking away minutes at the wing spot and MAYBE resulting in an extra win or 2.

I know, it's retarded. BC is just clueless. I honestly have less respect for Pietrus for signing with a non-playoff team. He could have went to a contender, put apparently chose us because we wanted him the most. Him taking mins away from Ross is pointless.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

And the wheels keep spinning. Please make this stop...
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like I said in the other thread, regardless of the win it made more sense defensively to have Pietrus in the game down the stretch. But then the Lowry/Calderon situation makes even less sense. So, are we gonna bench our $10.5M man down the stretch of games? Or are we gonna bench our newly acquired starting PG? Three just seems to be no rhyme or reason behind what BC does. I would HOPE in that brain of his he actually plans to trade Calderon rather than getting stuck in a situation where he can potentially walk for nothing.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: