Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #166
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 13 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
What's the hoops equivalent of the dozen or so 3rd string QBs that're old as dirt and can't play anymore but stick around just because GMs don't have to do any research on them?
Derek Fisher
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #167
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
What's the hoops equivalent of the dozen or so 3rd string QBs that're old as dirt and can't play anymore but stick around just because GMs don't have to do any research on them?

Brian Scalabrine, kurt thomas, Juwuan Howard, Brian Scinner, Brian Cardinal, etc.

Basically a Charlie Batch type
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #168
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Broncos are so good they just won two divisions at once.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #169
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Derek Fisher
Guys like fisher, Stackhouse, and Kurt Thomas first came to my mind. Of course Stackhouse is actually playing pretty well right now.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #170
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Guys like fisher, Stackhouse, and Kurt Thomas first came to my mind. Of course Stackhouse is actually playing pretty well right now.

But thing is that Stackhouse was once a very good player in the league. It's like a QB like Matt Schaub becoming a third stringer for the rest of his career.

QB's like Batch where average QB's at best in their prime.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #171
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Von Miller & Peyton Manning for OMVP|DMVP?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #172
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

I don't think there's a player in the NFL I dislike more than Rivers. He's just a doosh.

Glad he lost the game again.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #173
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Another hr til we see the most dazzling, playmaking quarterback in football.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #174
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Tebow is inactive today.

Even still man that's a bit of a reach. Randy Moss, Tomlinson come to mind.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #175
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

I hope by some miracle, the chargers decide to draft Geno Smith (awful QB class but he's the best available). Rivers, you're a great guy off the field but too many times you've cost SD games by throwing picks in the clutch. Terrible O-line but at some point you gotta make the smart decision if you're getting paid like a top-notch QB.

On the bright side, the defense is looking good. I think the chargers now have something like 6 or 7 defensive TDs on the year
TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #176
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
I hope by some miracle, the chargers decide to draft Geno Smith (awful QB class but he's the best available). Rivers, you're a great guy off the field but too many times you've cost SD games by throwing picks in the clutch. Terrible O-line but at some point you gotta make the smart decision if you're getting paid like a top-notch QB.

On the bright side, the defense is looking good. I think the charges now have something like 6 or 7 defensive TDs on the year

That's absurd. Rivers is still a very good QB, problem is that organization is dysfunctional. Cheap owner and incompetent staff..

Fire Rivers, Fire Smith and improve that O-line and Rivers will be back. He was a top 5 QB not to long ago and you want to get Geno Smith??
Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #177
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Peterson = comeback poty
Manning = MVP

?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #178
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Browns showing signs of life! Two game winning streak and the first road win since Indianapolis at the beginning of last season.

I'll take 4-8 right now with this young team. At the beginning of the season, I didn't think we would get to 5 wins. Now, that looks probable and maybe we could even get to 6.

Pretty decent year, all things considered. Oh yeah, and Josh Gordon is a monster. Elite potential.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #179
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
That's absurd. Rivers is still a very good QB, problem is that organization is dysfunctional. Cheap owner and incompetent staff..

Fire Rivers, Fire Smith and improve that O-line and Rivers will be back. He was a top 5 QB not to long ago and you want to get Geno Smith??

In theory, yes Rivers could return to form if you gave him a good O-line. But the majority of his interceptions are completely on him (against both KC/TB he threw the ball directly to the defender, and this has happened 1000 times before). So my point is, you give ANY decent nfl QB a good offensive-line and they will pick you apart.

PR's niche used to be that he was extremely accurate despite being extremely immobile. Now he's careless with his passes and always underthrows his receivers (hence why the chargers have to go out and get big WRs to compensate, which is why Danario Alexander is balling and Meachem/Royal find themselves on the bench).

They're not getting rid of him but I guess I'll give him 1 more year under a new coach/regime to determine whether or not he is finished.

But right now at this point and time, I'd rather take the guy in your avatar (assuming that's Alex Smith?). Someone that just manages the game and doesn't throw dumb interceptions.

Edit: and look at his playoff record/stats. Even with the good charger teams he has come up short. I used to always defend him because of his MVP like numbers during the regular season. But right now, after the poor display he has put on the past 2 and half seasons, maybe some of those bad playoff performances weren't a fluke?

Last edited by TexasBloodMoney : 12-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #180
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
In theory, yes Rivers could return to form if you gave him a good O-line. But the majority of his interceptions are completely on him (against both KC/TB he threw the ball directly to the defender, and this has happened 1000 times before). So my point is, you give ANY decent nfl QB a good offensive-line and they will pick you apart.

PR's niche used to be that he was extremely accurate despite being extremely immobile. Now he's careless with his passes and always underthrows his receivers (hence why the chargers have to go out and get big WRs to compensate, which is why Danario Alexander is balling and Meachem/Royal find themselves on the bench).

They're not getting rid of him but I guess I'll give him 1 more year under a new coach/regime to determine whether or not he is finished.

But right now at this point and time, I'd rather take the guy in your avatar (assuming that's Alex Smith?). Someone that just manages the game and doesn't throw dumb interceptions.

I understand where you're coming from. Rivers these past two years has been making absurd mistakes and he's been extremely unclutch but I think a change of scenery(whether coach or team) is needed for him. I think a new HC who'll install some stability/discipline in the team will help help out. I just don't think you give up on a guy who not too long ago was in the argument for being a top 3-5 QB, those guys are hard to find and if you get Smith prepare for a rebuilding process and a possibility of a bust. I think a coach like Gruden would do good for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: