Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation
Default Re: Wade is not a top 10 player anymore.

Wades in that Joe Johnson territory. 20 5 and 4 guy. Still an all-star though, but his superstar days are over
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's crazy to compare how good he looked in the finals a year and a half ago to where he's at now. Obviously a combination of his knee issue and gradual decline.. wonder if he'll bounce back or if this is what he is now.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Better odds for Lebron to win his 4th mvp then?
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
Better odds for Lebron to win his 4th mvp then?

sure. give him 10 mvps.

nash = 2

kobe, shaq = 1

kennethgriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Hes going to be 31. Its not drastic decline. Most guys lose sustainable dominance at 31. Hes a 20 5 5 guy.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #21
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wade isn't at the level he should be but he hasn't needed to step up due to how good Ray Allen has been.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
Not sure I've ever seen a player decline so quickly. Frankly, it's embarrassing and really destroys his legacy that he couldn't even learn to shoot a 3 pointer.

He actually developed a respectable 3-point shot( by his prior standards) back in 2008-9, his 'comeback' season. He was firing on all cylinders then. He hasn't been the same since.
Dragonyeuw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Assuming his current play continues, which I think it will, I'd say the following are better now:

Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Howard
Melo
Rondo
CP3
Love
Westbrook
Harden
Bosh

And assuming they come back like they were before they got hurt:

Rose
Dirk

So I'd agree.
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #24
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Right now, he might not even be the best SG on the Heat.

you read my mind
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

By the way, people keep saying he's putting up 18/5/4 so he's still a really good player. This is true, but I'm wondering if his stats are kinda "empty" and if they would be better off without him. He takes away minutes from Ray, Rashard, Battier, Miller, and Jones, all who are great 3 point shooters that fit better and get alot of open looks from the attention Lebron and Bosh alone receives.

I have a hard time thinking the Heat will ever trade Wade, but it might make alot of sense. If they have a disappointing season, I'm sure they will look into this move before anything else. I'd say even Bosh would be safer then Wade.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #26
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

I don't think Wade cares too much about the regular season anymore. Doesn't want to put his body through that. That's the luxury you have playing with 2 all stars. However, it's frustrating watching him struggle when Miami actually needs him to make some plays. But yeah, he's not top 10 right now. I hope he is in the playoffs though.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

I don't know if you guys know or not, but this is still just the regular season. A veteran like Dwade knows the regular season doesn't mean too much of nothing. He's not in the hunt for MVP or scoring titles or anything. Just rings. I fully expect him to turn it on when the playoffs roll around just like last season.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
By the way, people keep saying he's putting up 18/5/4 so he's still a really good player. This is true, but I'm wondering if his stats are kinda "empty" and if they would be better off without him. He takes away minutes from Ray, Rashard, Battier, Miller, and Jones, all who are great 3 point shooters that fit better and get alot of open looks from the attention Lebron and Bosh alone receives.

I have a hard time thinking the Heat will ever trade Wade, but it might make alot of sense. If they have a disappointing season, I'm sure they will look into this move before anything else. I'd say even Bosh would be safer then Wade.

I wish this guy got more minutes. Him and Ray Allen on the court at the same time I agree about the minutes. But I think Wade has too much pride to decrease his minutes. I'm sure Spo would love to do it, but we all know Spo caters to Wade.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #29
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
I don't know if you guys know or not, but this is still just the regular season. A veteran like Dwade knows the regular season doesn't mean too much of nothing. He's not in the hunt for MVP or scoring titles or anything. Just rings. I fully expect him to turn it on when the playoffs roll around just like last season.

Right. And thats the mentality of someone that is on a significant decline. There's a reason why Lebron, Durant, and Kobe don't take that approach.

Last edited by guy : 11-30-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Right. And thats the mentality of someone that is on a significant decline. There's a reason why Lebron, Durant, and Kobe don't take that approach.

He's a vet though bro. He knows he's not gonna win any of those. He never has. I still look at him in the top 10. I'm not even a Wade fan. I've just seen veteran players kick it into high gear when the time comes. We can say he's not a top 10 during the regular season then.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: