Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Brook Lopez out 2 days with foot sprain.

I need to be cheered up off this piss poor mood I'm in. I was happy 15 minutes ago, but now I'm the total opposite of happy. And I can thank Brook Lopez and his damn right foot for that!

FYI for the casual fans, the Nets said last year that Lopez would miss a week of basketball to rest a severe foot sprain. They then said it's worse than expected and rested him for another week. They then said his foot is broken and he missed 61 games. I hope this isn't deja vu. Unfortunately, I won't be able to function normally for the next two games to see if these reports are really as minimal as they state.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...medium=twitter

All of this bullshit occurs when we finally have everyone healthy, and riding a four game win streak.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brook Lopez out 2 days with foot sprain.

Sucks for nets seeing as they play Heat on Saturday.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Sucks for nets seeing as they play Heat on Saturday.
Then OKC 3 days later. hopefully he should be back to "normal" by then. i can only hope. we dont need our 24 year old center missing games every year due to a consistent foot problem.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last year Lopez hurt his foot and was limping early 2nd qtr i believe. They left him in the whole game. Soon after the game they announced he had stress fracture. I don't recall events like you described them. As soon as the game was over it was announced.

Then after they rushed him back to trade him, he got hurt again and the Nets said it was an ankle sprain. Wojo reported it was a break of the same foot. Nets revealed the break two weeks later.

So it's not a stress fracture unless the Nets are 100% lying which makes no sense. It would be diagnosed already.

This is things as i remember it. I remember Net fans telling me "rush him back, its worth it to get Dwight".

MY POINT - if it's stress related they'd know unless they are really lying (or delusional), which makes no sense because no freaking way he'd miss only 2 games.

Last edited by niko : 11-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Then OKC 3 days later. hopefully he should be back to "normal" by then. i can only hope. we dont need our 24 year old center missing games every year due to a consistent foot problem.

Then you might not want to rush him back for the OKC game which odds are you'll lose anyway.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Then you might not want to rush him back for the OKC game which odds are you'll lose anyway.
What are these "odds" you speak of? Nets are 7-1 at home. The Nets can beat the Thunder. It's not like it's a 0% chance we win.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Foot problems linger. Especially when you're 7'2. Ask Yao.

Anytime he feels something there, he needs to sit down.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
What are these "odds" you speak of? Nets are 7-1 at home. The Nets can beat the Thunder. It's not like it's a 0% chance we win.

You CAN beat them. But that's not a game i'd expect you to win. Certainly not enough to rush Lopez back.

It's very early in the season and the Nets are playing just fine. If it's not 100% that he should play, playing him makes no sense to me. If he goes down longterm, the Nets future is very murky.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

The Lopez dilema will create an opportunity for Mirza. Reggie will back-up Blatche as the center and that moves Mirza to the first 4 off the bench. Here's hoping for a 3 point clinic for Mirza v the Heat to pull off the upset without Lopez.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Sucks but its only 2 days according to that report. Only concerning thing is the potential for recurring foot ailments especially when you factor in Brook's height.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What the fvck is up with the best centers in the league getting injured? Next thing you know, Deandre (3rd best) will get hurt.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
What the fvck is up with the best centers in the league getting injured? Next thing you know, Deandre (3rd best) will get hurt.

You think Deandre is better than Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Anderson Varejao, Brook Lopez, Tim Duncan right now?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
You think Deandre is better than Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Anderson Varejao, Brook Lopez, Tim Duncan right now?

Also Hibbert and Bosh.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

No, but Shaq does.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

2 game losing streak for Nets
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: