Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Better Stern Phrase: "For Basketball Reasons" or "Substantial Sanctions"?

Better Stern Phrase: "For Basketball Reasons" or "Substantial Sanctions"?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Better Stern Phrase: "For Basketball Reasons" or "Substantial Sanctions"?

both are classic...don't forget to throw in the: 'I know where the bodies are buried' line lol
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Better Stern Phrase: "For Basketball Reasons" or "Substantial Sanctions"?

can someone give me the original context of Basketball Reasons?

I didn't catch his press appearances during last year's lock out

much appreciated
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
can someone give me the original context of Basketball Reasons?

I didn't catch his press appearances during last year's lock out

much appreciated

when asked why he nixed the cp3/dwight trade to the lakers, his answer was, "basketball reasons"

and this by far was the better phrase. some of the gifs that came out of it were priceless.

cue someone posting stern in swat gear macing protestors.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

For Basketball Reasons and it's not even close.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
both are classic...don't forget to throw in the: 'I know where the bodies are buried' line lol

sup dude.

What did he refer to when he said that?

My all time favorite would be and I'm paraphrasing here, "Do you still beat your wife?" towards Jim Rome.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

irony: biggest troll in the league is commish
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
sup dude.

What did he refer to when he said that?

My all time favorite would be and I'm paraphrasing here, "Do you still beat your wife?" towards Jim Rome.

not much, just chilling

no clue what he was referring to, but from the quote:

Quote:
Stern told the room he knows where “the bodies are buried” in the NBA, witnesses recounted, because he had buried some of them himself.

“It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose(notes) told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’

“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”

Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

people have theorized that it was a Jordan gambling thing, but I'm not sure that would get that kind of reaction at a players' meeting, so it would have to be something more far-reaching that would impact a large number of players (either everyone today, or the 'old guard' of guys who were around for the last lockout)

the Rome line was great...I guess Stern has known he was stepping down for some time, so he's just having fun with it at this point
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

I like "For basketball reasons" because it's soooooooooooo bull$hit!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarumorz
irony: biggest troll in the league is commish

Age and power does that to you. Just look at Moderators on various forums (not here though)!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

I remember when Stern said to Jim Rome: “Have you stopped beating your wife yet?”

i was like
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
I remember when Stern said to Jim Rome: “Have you stopped beating your wife yet?”

i was like

PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Basketball Reasons is the better of the two, but it doesn't matter because both are fantastic lol.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: