Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I'm sure much of my sentiment is ignorant, i never disputed that. I haven't lived there, but i have family that does, and most of my family that lives in CA came from Texas.

But when i read news online of how they actively pursue editing textbooks to favor republican principals or what the church wants taught, that is definitely not something that makes me think its a go-to place to raise a family.

I think how the majority of a state votes is a pretty good indicator of how a majority of the people think. Its not really difficult to understand. If a candidate stands for bunch of things and reflects certain characteristics that may be anti-anyone not white or rich, and the majority of a state votes in favor of that person, maybe as a non-white and not rich person, i don't want to move to some place whose most likely to vote for policies that don't favor me.

Look for a good neighborhood.You are right though, the public education here sucks a fat one though. There are plenty of racists, but they are fairly easy to ignore.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Austin > Ft.Worth >>>>>>>>>>> Dallas > Houston >>>>>>>>>> SA.

Every true Texan would agree.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #33
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

I'm surprised that Atlanta isn't on top of the list.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Look for a good neighborhood.You are right though, the public education here sucks a fat one though. There are plenty of racists, but they are fairly easy to ignore.
http://www.edweek.org/ew/qc/2012/16src.h31.html

Texas is above national average in terms of public education...

and Texas has great colleges as well
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

California is a welfare state and is falling apart. My family has been considering leaving the State for a couple years now. We are looking at Washington, Colorado, and Texas.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.edweek.org/ew/qc/2012/16src.h31.html

Texas is above national average in terms of public education...

and Texas has great colleges as well

The Unis are great. You're right, I guess education sucks across the U.S.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Used to live in Dallas area, it's nice.

Even better was Austin when I visited. Scenic land, culture, hot college girls from University of Texas, good food, great weather.

I would live there.

I'd consider Miami, too.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #38
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Oh you are right, Cali is definitely racist and one of the most conservative states.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #39
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Dallas is the 5th largest city in the country
You're always pulling stats from your ass. This is not true.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
You're always pulling stats from your ass. This is not true.
"DFW" is

and every stat I have ever posted on this site has been 100% true
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I could never live in cities that big, but I've heard awesome things about Houston and would love to go the Livestock Show & Rodeo one year. Looks like a blast. Same with Dallas and SA, never heard anyone who has been there say a bad word about them. I'm in the process of getting my visa for work and if it goes through, I'd be down in Odessa area, so it would be cool to check these cities out on my days off.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
ace23

Quote:
"DFW" is

and every stat I have ever posted on this site has been 100% true
Yeah, okay, hombre
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #43
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I could never live in cities that big, but I've heard awesome things about Houston and would love to go the Livestock Show & Rodeo one year. Looks like a blast. Same with Dallas and SA, never heard anyone who has been there say a bad word about them. I'm in the process of getting my visa for work and if it goes through, I'd be down in Odessa area, so it would be cool to check these cities out on my days off.

Sorry, I just had too. But no, Midland/Odessa is cool. I guess it just depends on what you're expecting

Last edited by BuGzBuNNy : 11-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
I guess it just depends on what you're expecting
Just to work, not going on a vacation or anything.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Austin, H town, SA, and Dallas voted for Obama. Austin is probably the most lib city in the US.

Actually it's not. It just looks that way because it's in the middle of Texas so it stands out more, but obviously guys like George W. Bush and Rick Perry and all those folks who make money off guys like Bush and Perry live thereabouts as well. Having been to Berkeley, CA and Northhampton, MA and Austin, I didn't feel Austin was any more liberal.

Just to check that, I googled most liberal city in America and Austin didn't make the top 20 on any list I saw. San Francisco was usually listed at number 1.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: