Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #76
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Texas has great public schools...I posted the stats on the other page, #12 overall I believe...and great colleges obviously

This "reputation" is the evolution thing? lol

amazing what the media can do

I base that reputation on people I know and not the media. I work at a furm that is originally headquartered in Texas so a lot of the people I work with grew up there and didnt have good things to say about the public school system.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #77
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oh you have been to Austin? I used to live ther and have a dozen freinds taht went to school there. And like I said earlier I don't know how you rank how liberal a city is, so those two lists mean nothing to me really.

point is, the city is extremely liberal...period
Yes I understand it's liberal. It's simply not most the liberal. I chose two conservative sources for those lists. You can see what criteria they chose.

Quote:
the city of Austin is NOTHING like New York...NOTHING
and I have no idea where you would get the idea it is...oh, you know some New Yorkers that have "been there"

please, tell me how Austin resembles New York? lol

Dallas has a large down town area and professional sport teams...those two things alone make it closer to NY than Austin.

Never said they "resembled" each other. I understand that Dallas is a larger city. However Austin definitely holds much more appeal to most New Yorkers than Dallas. My point about the New Yorkers who had been to Austin is most would not ever think of vacationing in Dallas.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #78
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Austin is about the farthest thing from NYC on the planet...I can't think of anything those two cities have in common.

Dallas is the closest thing to NYC in Texas...and we have plenty of great food
as usual, prime is blinded by homerism. and really, maher, a libertarian is who you choose to show how liberal austin is?

Now, Austin is liberal, but very far from being the most liberal city in the US. It sticks out because it is in Texas.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #79
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How are you guys determining what makes one city more liberal than another?

Austin is a college town full of liberal college kids...it would be liberal in any state.

Also, I'm a Dallas homer, I don't even care for Houston...Austin I do like but not because it is in Texas...Texas is fckin enormous, its like 4 states to me.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #80
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How are you guys determining what makes one city more liberal than another?

Austin is a college town full of liberal college kids...it would be liberal in any state.

Also, I'm a Dallas homer, I don't even care for Houston...Austin I do like but not because it is in Texas...Texas is fckin enormous, its like 4 states to me.
austin has 50k college kids in a CITY of 800k. That is not a college town like AA or Iowa City, etc.

again, its quite liberal, but as an outsider who moved to texas, much of that is by contrast to the rest of the state. No way its more liberal than almost every coastal city in Cali and the Northwest.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #81
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I went to a school that had probably 20k students in a city with a population around 80k. I don't know how liberal the town was, but 1 in 4 people were drunk.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #82
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ę

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

OP should've put "Where Hispanics are moving to."
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #83
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

CA only appears to be on the decline because they want to hold on to all the high income property as well as create more. White people are moving back into compton (and South Central in general) while others are leaving CA because they can't afford it. Before you know it they'll all be trying to move back.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #84
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
austin has 50k college kids in a CITY of 800k. That is not a college town like AA or Iowa City, etc.

again, its quite liberal, but as an outsider who moved to texas, much of that is by contrast to the rest of the state. No way its more liberal than almost every coastal city in Cali and the Northwest.
The rest of the city IS liberal though, not just the college kids...it is a music city as well, the music life there is found all over.

It's not like it is some college kids mixed in with conservative rednecks at all...the entire city is liberal as fck...and just because the state capital is there means nothing either, any republicans working there doesn't seep into the cities clubs, restaurants, general feel, etc.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #85
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

After my recent US trip if I was moving anywhere city wise, it would be Portland, Seattle, San Francisco or New York.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #86
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tampa/St. Pete here.

The Summers are brutal, and it always seems like the weirdest shit that you see on the news takes place here, but this is a great place to live. Having great beaches, pro sports, and tons to do makes it a very desireable area.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #87
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

OP is a chinky faggot. Needs to get the **** out of Texas.

**** all the messicans that live in Texas and the black people can get the hell out too. GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY.

^^^^What Loneshot thinks all texans are.

He acts like Central California doesn't exist or anything.

Austin has more appeal than Dallas to NYers. Dallas is very upscale. Houston is where the jobs are at and needs a public transit system of some kind. It will have a bigger population than NY in a few years time. Book it.

Texas is a conservative and business friendly state...California is very liberal and not as business friendly. And Texas has lots of jobs. Coincidence? I think not.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #88
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I could never live in cities that big, but I've heard awesome things about Houston and would love to go the Livestock Show & Rodeo one year. Looks like a blast. Same with Dallas and SA, never heard anyone who has been there say a bad word about them. I'm in the process of getting my visa for work and if it goes through, I'd be down in Odessa area, so it would be cool to check these cities out on my days off.

West Texas blows man but it's booming. Lot of rich cougars though...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #89
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Lots of great things about Texas but Im not sure Id want to raise a child there considering the reputation of its public schools.

Move to a suburb of Dallas/Houston/Austin/SA dude...you'll be fine.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #90
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The sheer SIZE of Texas blows me away. I heard from one end to the other on I-10, it's 800 miles. That's roughly 4/5th of my total drive time when I travel from Tampa to Ohio. All in ONE state.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: