Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Best Jordan Bulls finals series?

Which (in your opinion) was the most exciting Jordan era Bulls finals series as a spectator?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Best Jordan Bulls finals series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Which (in your opinion) was the most exciting Jordan era Bulls finals series as a spectator?

The best, most classic series was 1993 against Phoenix. It felt like it was the most competitive (maybe 97') and it had classic performances and a great ending in game 6.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

I treasure those old games like I do a great film. That shit lasts forever and it's replay value is fantastic.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I treasure those old games like I do a great film. That shit lasts forever and it's replay value is fantastic.

Well that's basically why I'm asking.. looking to do some watching and trying to pick the best one to try and find.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #5
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Well that's basically why I'm asking.. looking to do some watching and trying to pick the best one to try and find.

I consider that one the most entertaining and I consider Jordan's performance in 91' to be the most perfect. If I were you I'd watch the 93 series.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

1991!
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1991 was probably Jordan at his best. He might've actually been better (or at least just as good) the couple of seasons before, bu '91 was the year Pippen finally emerged and provided Jordan enough help to get over the hump and win it all. The series was more competitive than the 4-1 result indicates, too.

1993 was probably the most entertaining series, though. There was some great individual performances by both Jordan and Barkley, and the series also featured Pippen close to or at least nearing his peak. Think it was game two where both Jordan and Barkley scored 40-something, and MJ might've even had a triple-double. Then of course he had the 55 point game later in the series. This was the Finals he averaged 40-something PPG.

I haven't had the chance to go back and watch all of the '92 Finals, yet. But that's the series Jordan dropped 30-something in the first half while hitting six threes in game one; or, better known as the "shoulder shrug" game. I believe he had another 40ish point game in game two.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the series from his first 3-peat. That was the best basketball player of all-time at his best on the biggest stage. Three straight years of ridiculous Finals performances.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #8
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
1991 was probably Jordan at his best. He might've actually been better (or at least just as good) the couple of seasons before, bu '91 was the year Pippen finally emerged and provided Jordan enough help to get over the hump and win it all. The series was more competitive than the 4-1 result indicates, too.

1993 was probably the most entertaining series, though. There was some great individual performances by both Jordan and Barkley, and the series also featured Pippen close to or at least nearing his peak. Think it was game two where both Jordan and Barkley scored 40-something, and MJ might've even had a triple-double. Then of course he had the 55 point game later in the series. This was the Finals he averaged 40-something PPG.

I haven't had the chance to go back and watch all of the '92 Finals, yet. But that's the series Jordan dropped 30-something in the first half while hitting six threes in game one; or, better known as the "shoulder shrug" game. I believe he had another 40ish point game in game two.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the series from his first 3-peat. That was the best basketball player of all-time at his best on the biggest stage. Three straight years of ridiculous Finals performances.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Thanks guys, will rep. Where did you guys get a hold of these to watch BTW?

Last edited by maybeshewill13 : 11-30-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #10
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

1992 Finals - Game 1 - Chicago Stadium

After months of comparing Drexler to Jordan, and Drexler / Portland claiming MJ can't shoot the 3 ball.

MJ comes out and in only 18 minutes (sat out half the 2nd quarter)

Drops 6 trey balls, shrugs and scores 35 first half points, completely sodomizing his nearest competition on the world's stage. Ending the debate between the two, emphatically. He could've easily dropped 70-ish had the game been more competitive and MJ didn't go into "chill mode" in the few minutes he played in the 2nd half.

All of this in an NBA Finals game. Not some meaningless regular season affair, and against elite competition.

Best series performance from MJ? Tie between '91 and '93

In '91 his all around game was absurd, and out Magic-ed Earvin Johnson, and demolished the Lakers in a back door sweep.

'93 was the most competitive Bulls championship series apart from the '97 Finals v.s. Utah
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #11
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Thanks guys, will rep. Where did you guys get a hold of these to watch BTW?

http://www.sport-scene.net This is where I download most of my games.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
http://www.sport-scene.net This is where I download most of my games.
Says I can only sign up with an invite lol. Thanks though :)
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

98 for me. It's last one, everybody knew it was end of Bulls dynasty and Jordan era, he wasn't "air" but all determination, Malone vs Rodman at best, Pippen got injured and it turned out to be probably most Hollywood-ish ending in finals.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Pretty much this.

I'd go with 92. The Blazers were every bit as capable of beating the bulls as any team they faced in the Finals and almost pushed it to 7 games had it not been for an awesome performance by the bench in bringing the Bulls back from being down big with Jordan resting on the bench.

Then Jordan comes in and closes the game out. It doesn't get any better.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

1993 was the best. MJ turned Dan Majerle into dust, and came up with one highlight play after another.

1992 a close second. MJ broker Drexler's prestige as an elite superstar.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: