Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
dabulls23
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 104
dabulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Damn stop putting Dwight down the block when he has literally like 2 post moves . His strength is his athleticism and he should use that to dominate and not try to be someone he's not. Gasol is more skilled down the block and a better passer.

Pick and Roll with Dwight on top of the key, Dwight rolls. Ball gets to Gasol down the block. Make them pay if they play him 1on1 or if he gets double Dwight can cut and get an alley or a dunk every f!@#$ single time. If Kobe is open, you can hit him too. This has been in my mind for a long time. I know they're still jelling but in recent Lakers game the paint seems too clogged and everything gets messed up and Kobe ends up iso'ing or passes up for a 3 pointer that never goes in cuz they can't shoot for sh1t. And when Gasol is out of sync he becomes Gafk1ingsoft.

Expecting they're going to dominate under the basket by mid season... when Gasoft becomes his self..

I think C Web on TNT said something like this too.

Last edited by dabulls23 : 11-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.
dabulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,666
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

trade Gasol for Bragnani.

LA would thrive with Bragnani outside shooting 3s. The opposing teams PF would not be able to double team Howard. This is similar to what Magic did last season with Ryan Anderson
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
rodman91
Bulls
 
rodman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,240
rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Why would Raptors do that? They have rookie player(5 pick) at post. Barg is still young and they fit better together.

I think Amare or Boozer might be more logical for both teams. They both cat hit open jumper and grab some rebounds. Knicks & Bulls need post scorer.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,517
Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Dwight can score out of the post very well he just gets hacked and he can't make a FT so they go away from it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,335
DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Dwight sucks at passing
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn
 
Rekindled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away..
Posts: 9,008
Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls23
Damn stop putting Dwight down the block when he has literally like 2 post moves . His strength is his athleticism and he should use that to dominate and not try to be someone he's not. Gasol is more skilled down the block and a better passer.

Pick and Roll with Dwight on top of the key, Dwight rolls. Ball gets to Gasol down the block. Make them pay if they play him 1on1 or if he gets double Dwight can cut and get an alley or a dunk every f!@#$ single time. If Kobe is open, you can hit him too. This has been in my mind for a long time. I know they're still jelling but in recent Lakers game the paint seems too clogged and everything gets messed up and Kobe ends up iso'ing or passes up for a 3 pointer that never goes in cuz they can't shoot for sh1t. And when Gasol is out of sync he becomes Gafk1ingsoft.

Expecting they're going to dominate under the basket by mid season... when Gasoft becomes his self..

I think C Web on TNT said something like this too.

because then no one would guard dwight when he is not in the paint, if he tries to dribble in he gets stripped 90% of the time . gasol would just face a double team everytime. he has to be in the post otherwise he is useless.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,443
Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Gasol is softer than he's ever been. i don't think he can play low post anymore other than on a few occasions. its obvious he much prefers to stay away from the contact down low and settle for those short range J's he lives and dies by. i don't think its so much of where they put him more than him being him. i mean its been years since he was a low post threat and even then people were calling him real soft down low. he was probably at his low post peak when he was with Memphis, and its almost like he got spoiled like Odom did, playing with the Lakers.

that said i think Nash is going to get Pau involved, and work pick n rolls with him regardless of where he's positioned. i expect Pau's production to go up more than anyone when Nash gets healthy.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
TheFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

when Gasol played Center the perfect powerforward fit for him was Lamar Odom.

Lamar Odom = 3 point range + passing game + guard skills + nice rebounding.

The only thing Howard can provide of those is the rebounding.

The only way Gasol - Howard can work together is with Gasol at PF and Howard at C... moving howard to PF is out of the question.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
swi7ch
Banned
 
swi7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,457
swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Because Dwight has never played PF in his life and they're already trying to get used to playing with each other and under a new coach and a new system and now ppl also want Dwight to learn how to play a new position?

Just too much fo one season.

Better yet, trade Gasol for Ryan Anderson or Amare.

Last edited by swi7ch : 11-30-2012 at 06:15 PM.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
dabulls23
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 104
dabulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
when Gasol played Center the perfect powerforward fit for him was Lamar Odom.

Lamar Odom = 3 point range + passing game + guard skills + nice rebounding.

The only thing Howard can provide of those is the rebounding.

The only way Gasol - Howard can work together is with Gasol at PF and Howard at C... moving howard to PF is out of the question.

Maybe not entirely switch positions but it is just frustrating when they got two big guys down the block but they settle for 3 pointers when it is obvious they can't shoot well I know D'Antoni thrives on shooters but this team can't be just shooting them 3s with Gasol and Dwight in the paint.. gotta mix em up.. think of the other Gasol and Zbo play off each other.. obviously Zbo can shoot better but they gotta play off each other like that.. can't just hope Dwight to do it all down the block.. this ain't the Magic


Dwight doesn't have to do what Lamar did he can get the ball a little big out side the paint and one dribble then dunk using his speed.. he gets stripped down low because he can't post up for sh1t and his posting up makes me cringe there's is no intensity to protect the ball and defenders take advantage of that

Last edited by dabulls23 : 11-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.
dabulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
TheFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls23
Dwight doesn't have to do what Lamar did he can get the ball a little big out side the paint and one dribble then dunk using his speed.. he gets stripped down low because he can't post up for sh1t and his posting up makes me cringe there's is no intensity to protect the ball and defenders take advantage of that

It is not that simple... the defense knows Howard can't shoot a lick... they will give him the shot and play the driving/passing lane or even double Gasol on the block...

Lakers position is not easy... imagine they trade Gasol and Howard decides to leave at the end of the season...

I doubt the Lakers will make more moves, they will die with this lineup... Gasol will be a PF and Howard a Center.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
dabulls23
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 104
dabulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
It is not that simple... the defense knows Howard can't shoot a lick... they will give him the shot and play the driving/passing lane or even double Gasol on the block...

Lakers position is not easy... imagine they trade Gasol and Howard decides to leave at the end of the season...

I doubt the Lakers will make more moves, they will die with this lineup... Gasol will be a PF and Howard a Center.

the lineup can remain but they gotta mix them up by letting Gasol get on the block so Howard gets them easy points...

even if they play the driving lane Dwight is athletic enough when 100% to just dunk on everyone think of Amare when he just got the ball around the paint drive in baby hook or a dunk he did that cuz he was athletic enough and can put that ball in the bucket
dabulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 89
VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

It is tough right now. I would like to see more Pau as a center with the second unit and more Jordan Hill with Dwight and the other starters. Hill's energy and rebounding is making Pau look really bad right now.
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
TheFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls23
the lineup can remain but they gotta mix them up by letting Gasol get on the block so Howard gets them easy points...

even if they play the driving lane Dwight is athletic enough when 100% to just dunk on everyone think of Amare when he just got the ball around the paint drive in baby hook or a dunk he did that cuz he was athletic enough and can put that ball in the bucket

Amare has a jumpshot... Actually Amare has a very good Jumpshot...
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller
 
nbarumorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MASS
Posts: 418
nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Dwight and Gasol switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
trade Gasol for Bragnani.

LA would thrive with Bragnani outside shooting 3s. The opposing teams PF would not be able to double team Howard. This is similar to what Magic did last season with Ryan Anderson


I'm on board with that, makes sense.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy