Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: why has the NBA gone pu$$ified over the years?

The video in the OP includes plays from the 90's and 00's, as well.
Anyway, I don't know why people pretend the NBA should return to its more brutal days, but when something ugly happens to a superstar, they go crazy on him.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #32
talamo
I hit open 5-footers

talamo has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranincu
You might be legit stupid. You guys talk like this league is soft when you guys are enabling the same softness. Just look at the topic on the Rondo fight; everyones all "smh what a bitch" when he's trying to enforce on his team and KG is tripping Humphries and stuff. It's this hypocritical thinking and cognitive dissonance that perpetuates the 'soft league' idea when Z-Bo and Dwight are throwing players like ragdolls under the rim, screens are being set harder, elbows are thrown more, bodies are pushing more bodies. Damn, just like last week Dwight drops 'accidental' elbows on Asik and makes him look like he was cut up like Rocky in the movies and removes him from the game for a half; yet no one talks about this. Just because there aren't fists doesn't mean shit isn't physical. Your tender body would be worked like veal in today's NBA, you goon.

The defense that the Celtics played against Kobe in the finals and the defense the Pistons played against Lebron in their series are ignored completely when you talk about stars whining about everything. And then you bitch boys will cite Jordan Rules like you have credibility when you didnt even live through that shit. And you're saying "weak a$$ calls" like each team in the NBA in the 70s to 90s didnt shoot 40 fts a game.

It's not that the league is soft, it's just that the times change. You dudes are expecting fights to get overblown and assistant coaches to jump off the bench with their phone cameras up yelling "World Star, World Star" or some shit

talamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranincu
You might be legit stupid. You guys talk like this league is soft when you guys are enabling the same softness. Just look at the topic on the Rondo fight; everyones all "smh what a bitch" when he's trying to enforce on his team and KG is tripping Humphries and stuff. It's this hypocritical thinking and cognitive dissonance that perpetuates the 'soft league' idea when Z-Bo and Dwight are throwing players like ragdolls under the rim, screens are being set harder, elbows are thrown more, bodies are pushing more bodies. Damn, just like last week Dwight drops 'accidental' elbows on Asik and makes him look like he was cut up like Rocky in the movies and removes him from the game for a half; yet no one talks about this. Just because there aren't fists doesn't mean shit isn't physical. Your tender body would be worked like veal in today's NBA, you goon.

The defense that the Celtics played against Kobe in the finals and the defense the Pistons played against Lebron in their series are ignored completely when you talk about stars whining about everything. And then you bitch boys will cite Jordan Rules like you have credibility when you didnt even live through that shit. And you're saying "weak a$$ calls" like each team in the NBA in the 70s to 90s didnt shoot 40 fts a game.

It's not that the league is soft, it's just that the times change. You dudes are expecting fights to get overblown and assistant coaches to jump off the bench with their phone cameras up yelling "World Star, World Star" or some shit

So I might be legit stupid but you're the one throwing everyone in the same bag along with me?

See me comment on that whole Rondo scuffle?

You must be some little ignorant kid thinking everything you say its a fact. GTFOH, if you really saw NBA back then and now you see the difference. Just look at some of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1bArQiyTmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKhdP1g0CQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYpUzefx0E0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vuTUEgNLM

Stuff like that was regular back then. If that happened today it would be suspensions, ejections and fines all around. Look at a superstar like Bird getting hit with a hook then just getting up like let's keep balling, D-Wade cries to the refs everytimes he gets touched.

Look at you remembering stuff from last week, back then stuff like that was so regular you couldn't even be specific about the time it happened or with whom.
Comparing today's screens and fouls to the ones back then? , you must be really dumb thinking it's the same, you don't even know what you're talking about.

Check some league averages, Pace is at around 92 right now, it was around 105 in the 70's, FTA's are around 25 in the past years, and around 28 back then. That basically kills your own point.

Bringing flawed arguments then calling me bitch boy, you little ignorant kid.

Plus anyone that has ever played basketball know that just simple handchecking helps a lot on D.

Don't need to sugarcoat it, everyone who knows what they're talking about can confirm that the league is soft right now, mostly to enhance stars and highlights like dunks or such, help perimeter players, lets more drives/dunks happen... And I'm not talking about fights, but let more physicality like it's supposed to be.

Edit: BTW is asdf1990 your alternate account or just you little boyfriend, for you to come out so offended and angry after my reply to him/you?

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT : 11-30-2012 at 05:58 PM.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #34
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
The video in the OP includes plays from the 90's and 00's, as well.

Yup, and as I pointed out, fewer and fewer (actual) fights happened since. It went from actual fists flying in the 70s/80s as fighting to today's version of fighting which is really just pushing and shoving (or just getting in somebody's face like the clip showing Dudley/Griffin).

I'm not saying I want to see basketball players throw punches all the time because that wuoldn't be called basketball then but I thought it was interesting how fighting in the NBA changed over the years.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #35
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
You made my day had not seen something so lame or laughed so hard in a while

i laughed hard to when people think the 80s were a tough era, i dont think they knew what defense meant back then, dany green would be a legend in the soft 80s
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #36
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
i laughed hard to when people think the 80s were a tough era, i dont think they knew what defense meant back then, dany green would be a legend in the soft 80s

Man you're killing it, you should do standup comedy

*waits for cranincu to reply all angry*
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #37
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker has an OK reputation so far

refs calls technical fouls for nothing....like players just yelling and reacting.......
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
cranincu
I hit open layups

cranincu has no real reputation yet.

I singled you out because you're post was by far and large the most dumbass post. I'll throw everyone in the same bag when they think the same way that the league is soft because that's grade school as hell. You're the generation that searches youtube clips and reflects back on those 30 second clips saying "Damn, why isn't the game like this!" You're deluded by clips of greatness that you form dissonance on reality; you even included a damn bad boy Rodman video like "Hell yeah mother****er, this is what happened every single day." It's an embarrassment. Fun fact, Rodman was suspended and fined a shitload of money for his hard fouls. 20 years from now, kid's will be looking back on 2000s hard fouls (Fisher on Scola, Smith on Griffin, Westbrook on Lebron, etc) and say the same damn thing about how the league is soft.

I find it funny you're saying that pace kills the whole free throw argument when Pace and FTA don't correlate to each other AT ALL (e.g recent highest pace suns were last in free throw attempts) Why don't you look at FT/FGA kid? Are ratios too hard for your teenage mind to comprehend? Is the education system failing your simple ass? I mean how can anyone take you seriously when one of your arguments is legitimately "Look at you remembering stuff from last week, back then stuff like that was so regular you couldn't even be specific about the time it happened or with whom." Do you know how dumbass that is? Probably not. I ain't even angry, I just find it hilarious. Also, go add some more smiley faces on your essays about huck finn and 1984 son.
cranincu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #39
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

It's because David Stern figured out that by having the refs totally control the game, and by having the rules totally fit to certain types of players, he could basically totally control the entire outcome of the seasons.

Last edited by Euroleague : 11-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #40
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Fighting just to fight is just stupid. There is a difference between physical play and just being a dumbass and fighting. Rule changes and making the NBA more like the Euroleague has softened the league. Guys in the older days seemed more competitive and weren't friends on the court. Today's game you have opposing teams chatting, joking, and high fiving each other. Very different. I think Stern/NBA just wanted a more fan friendly NBA. So you have what you have now. I like physical play, but not playing dirty or dumbassery. There is a difference.

Put down the crack pipe. NBA has gotten further and further away from Euroleague in almost each season. Euroleague is precisely like early to mid 90s NBA.

NBA is 50 times softer than Euroleague is.

Last edited by Euroleague : 11-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #41
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Basketball reasons?
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #42
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

scandisk_ is considered somewhat coolscandisk_ is considered somewhat cool

man trash talking used to be cool
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: