Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Do Celtics Fans Still Think Terry>>>Allen

Terry is good, too. Let's not act like Terry wouldn't be tearing shit up on Miami.

Edit: I think it goes to show how much space Bron creates and how terrible most of the players he played with were. Think of Ray Ray who is... you know... a pretty good player at this point in his career, but he's nowhere near a star. Maybe fringe starting material these days. And you put him on Miami and he's balling.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLsmak : 11-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT111
I woudn't underestimate Terry when it comes to big moments. When he's motivated, he will get into a spurt.

Im not saying he should be underestimated at all. Nor is this is a thread hating on Terry. It just seemed like a lot of Celtics fans were pretty sure Terry>>>Allen. Like I said earlier, I didn't think one was really better than the other this offseason. Both had their pros/cons but can hit clutch shots. Still a ton of games to be played though.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Terry is good, too. Let's not act like Terry wouldn't be tearing shit up on Miami.
Edit: I think it goes to show how much space Bron creates and how terrible most of the players he played with were. Think of Ray Ray who is... you know... a pretty good player at this point in his career, but he's nowhere near a star. Maybe fringe starting material these days. And you put him on Miami and he's balling.

-Smak

Can you read, f..aggot? No one is acting like Terry couldn't do anything. Just that a ton of Celtics fans were absolutely 100% that Terry was an upgrade.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Can you read, f..aggot? No one is acting like Terry couldn't do anything. Just that a ton of Celtics fans were absolutely 100% that Terry was an upgrade.

I'd welcome you actually sourcing this. I remember the threads that sprung up in the immediate aftermath of Terry signing (Miami hadn't signed Ray yet) and I don't recall any of this. Most of us felt like signing Terry was great but a lot of us really wanted Ray to re-sign too.

Forgive my skepticism but you tend to go out of your way to be an unabashed hater of the Celtics and their fans.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Terry wouldn't be getting the same minutes as Ray on Miami, Rasheed Lewis has been playing great this year, and is now out of the rotation.

Allen is better fit for Miami, better movement away from the ball, better clutch shooter.

Ray's release is a lot higher than Terry, he's taller and gets a lot of height on his jump shot. We've have observed him make shots over 7 footers in the past.

Last edited by Sharmer : 11-30-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I'd welcome you actually sourcing this. I remember the threads that sprung up in the immediate aftermath of Terry signing (Miami hadn't signed Ray yet) and I don't recall any of this. Most of us felt like signing Terry was great but a lot of us really wanted Ray to re-sign too.

Forgive my skepticism but you tend to go out of your way to be an unabashed hater of the Celtics and their fans.

agreed. Generally, we celebrated the Terry signing but still wanted Ray to come back just as much. MIA fans like to make it sound like we moved on and thought he was washed up and were overconfident....not the majority of Celtics fans.Stupid thread, considering the only way to compare the two is if they had the same opportunity. Closest we can get to that is use Ray's Celtics stats form last year and Jet's stats from this year [and use the PER36 since minute differential]:

Ray: 15.1 PPG, 3.3 REB, 2.5 AST, 46% FG, 45% 3PT, 92% FT
Jet: 14.7 PPG, 2.3 REB, 2.4 AST, 50% FG, 41% 3PT, 86% FT

Pretty darn similar.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #22
nbarumorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer

You are spending too much time worrying about their release It's important obviously, but it's not like that the THE factor that determines which is better. When you look @ Ray's #'s w/ Boston last year and compare them to JT's #'s w/ Boston this year they are nearly identical
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:

sry bro I won't interrupt your troll sessions again.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarumorz
You are spending too much time worrying about their release It's important obviously, but it's not like that the THE factor that determines which is better. When you look @ Ray's #'s w/ Boston last year and compare them to JT's #'s w/ Boston this year they are nearly identical

I am trying to differentiate between the players, and having a high release point is big advantage in the clutch, combined with good off the ball movement makes Ray a better clutch player and a better fit.

I've looks at their stat's this year, and Allen's are slightly better, but Terry are good this year.

People are arguing that Terry would be doing the same job as Ray in Miami, but I disagree, not on the basis his stats are superior, but based on the fact, his release point and off the ball movement is better, which makes the combination of him and Lebron a difficult match up.

It's these slight variations which makes him a better fit in Miami.

Who would you prefer in the clutch ? Lebron and Terry , or Lebron and Ray.

Last edited by Sharmer : 11-30-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Also the Celtics are missing Allen's off the ball movement, this use to create a lot of offense for other players, he was used a decoy.

Last edited by Sharmer : 11-30-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarumorz
Hard to compare Ray to Terry now since Ray is on the freaking Heat. Popping open 3's in the corner on perfect assists, and not really being dependent on Ray has made Ray a beast for the Heat. I have full confidence Terry could do the same thing if he was on the Heat.

Although he is getting easier looks, he is doing more than what he was asked in Boston. He's the ball handler when Lebron and Wade sit out, so some of his shots can actually be more difficult than as a Celtic.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #27
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
What year is it?

not gonna lie this def made me laugh

of course this isnt bucks/supersonics ray allen but ray is actually doing decent off the dribble so far this yr
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #28
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
sry bro I won't interrupt your troll sessions again.

-Smak

Not sure how im trolling. Nor have I hated on Terry at all. Guy is a great player. But im not seeing how he is an upgrade over Allen. Nor am I saying Terry is a downgrade this early in the season. But I think we can say Boston fans underestimated how much Allen had left in the tank.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
I personally thought so..and I'm probably rays biggest fan on here...I knew he was injured but also I really did realize how less utilized he was becoming in boston...miami actually lets him handle the ball and if you watched the game last night he scored pretty much all of his 20 points off the dribble unassisted...ray has scored a lot off the dribble this yr whereas his last 2 yrs in boston he was simple just a guy to run off of screens and not get the ball most of the time

So far ray has looked better this season but we should wait til the end of the yr to see who looks better

More and more I realize how terrible that offense is.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #30
nbarumorz

Quote:
Not sure how im trolling. Nor have I hated on Terry at all. Guy is a great player. But im not seeing how he is an upgrade over Allen. Nor am I saying Terry is a downgrade this early in the season. But I think we can say Boston fans underestimated how much Allen had left in the tank.

No. You can't say that. You started off this post wondering how you are trolling then you basically claim it's a universal statement that Boston fans mis-evaluated Ray and were wrong.

BOS offered 2x the deal MIA offered him. Doc made a personal plea for Ray. BOS fans, a vast majority, really wanted Ray to return. You have provided no evidence of Boston fans underestimating Ray -- we all knew that he would do really well in MIA which is why we didn't want him to go there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: