Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #46
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OGT: Nov 30 Phoenix Suns (7-9) vs Toronto Raptors (3-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Just finished watching the second half of the game. Good effort by the bench to establish our D in the third quarter. Overall I was impressed by Bargnani's defence late in the fourth, although he still had a bad game. Our FT shooting has been rough yet again, but at least we managed to pull out the win.

Oh and I'd just like to point out were undefeated in the Pietrus era.
I he put his heart into it, Bargnani is not that bad at defense like many seems to brand him into. He seem not to be able to do every good things at the same night, but yeah.

y sí, vamos a la era de Miguel Pietrus comenzar aquí!
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #47
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So I'm watching the replay after avoiding all possible spoilers, and Jack just calls Matt a goofball. I don't think I've heard the phrase goofball on TV ever. It's too hilarious.

As for the game though I like Ed Davis and Amir on the court at the same time. A lot of hustle and a lot of defense with movement on offense allowing for good finishing. I liked Ed a lot in his rookie year (when he came to play he was a boss, I remember him having 14 rebounds when another great rookie came to town in Griffin) so he always showed potential. He looked worse last year but this year he's looked pretty solid again in limited minutes.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #48
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holy crap we won. 4-13!!! YeYe!!! Now we go on the road for 5 straight?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #49
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Holy crap we won. 4-13!!! YeYe!!! Now we go on the road for 5 straight?

In Miguel Pietrus, we trust.

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #50
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
In Miguel Pietrus, we trust.

They said something during the broadcast that pissed the hell out of me. They said we got Pietrus because we're so desperate for players at the 3 position because Fields and McGuire are out. All that told me was that we don't plan on putting Ross at the 3.

Then why the hell did we draft Ross if we're not planning to play him at small forward as a starter. Who uses a 9th pick on a player with the goal to make him a back up sg? Why not actually try picking someone we'd start? We're so damn inconsistent.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #51
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
They said something during the broadcast that pissed the hell out of me. They said we got Pietrus because we're so desperate for players at the 3 position because Fields and McGuire are out. All that told me was that we don't plan on putting Ross at the 3.

Then why the hell did we draft Ross if we're not planning to play him at small forward as a starter. Who uses a 9th pick on a player with the goal to make him a back up sg? Why not actually try picking someone we'd start? We're so damn inconsistent.

The thing is, why not put DeRozan at the 3 and Ross at the 2 ? Ross doesn't look big enough to battle with versatile 3's, yet.

BC and the management said that Ross is 'NBA ready' and choose him over Andre Drummond. So instead of a young frontcourt that would have consisted of Drummond and Jonas right away (or whenever we ship Bargs out), we got Ross trying to fight for minutes with Pietrus, DeRozan, and Klieza.

I can only imagine if the Raptors don't make the playoffs and OKC gets a Top 5 spot with out lottery pick...
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #52
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

What an atrocity. One of the worst referee'd games I've witnessed in my life. If the refs are going to swing a game for a certain team, they at least shouldn't make it so damn obvious... Toronto was mugging the Suns all night long in the paint and they would never call the foul. Even at the very end when Shannon Brown got practically THROWN TO THE GROUND while taking the shot to tie the game for the Suns they STILL didn't call the foul. And the "And-1 buzzer beater" call at the end of the 3rd quarter when the time was clearly over and the ball was still in his hand.... Just pathetic.
wagexslave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #53
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
What an atrocity. One of the worst referee'd games I've witnessed in my life. If the refs are going to swing a game for a certain team, they at least shouldn't make it so damn obvious... Toronto was mugging the Suns all night long in the paint and they would never call the foul. Even at the very end when Shannon Brown got practically THROWN TO THE GROUND while taking the shot to tie the game for the Suns they STILL didn't call the foul. And the "And-1 buzzer beater" call at the end of the 3rd quarter when the time was clearly over and the ball was still in his hand.... Just pathetic.

They were probably trying it up for the blown call in the Bobcats vs. Raptors game.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #54
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
Agreed. The Raps were for sure getting the 'hometown' calls. Bargnani fouled both Dragic and Scola down the stretch, and the refs kept their whistles in their pockets.

Being an NBA ref is a tough job. But at least try to be consistent.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #55
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
So I'm watching the replay after avoiding all possible spoilers, and Jack just calls Matt a goofball. I don't think I've heard the phrase goofball on TV ever. It's too hilarious.

They always sound like an old married couple. I still remember a game when they were both talking about a candle light dinner they had together. Was one of the gayest moments in Raptors history.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: