Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Kobe wants more from Dwight -- especially free throws, of course

Bryant more clearly placed blame for the loss on Howard, who shot 9 for 21 on free throws officially following in Shaquille O'Neal's footsteps because no Laker had missed more than he made from the line with at least 20 attempts since O'Neal's final Lakers season in 2004.

Bryant's explanation for the Lakers' loss right off the bat postgame: "We continued to miss a lot of the easy ones." Bryant referred to "the easy ones" over and over. Soon enough, he went from implying blame to applying the vice.

"The pressure's on me and Dwight to perform really well," Bryant said. "We pick up for everybody else's mistakes, whenever it may be. He and I have to perform at a really, really high level night in and night out."

About those free throws Howard is making 46.5 percent of the time this season or less often than Bryant's 48.9 percent on field goals with actual plays, defenders and stuff Bryant was also motivating Howard.

-- OC Register
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe wants more from Dwight -- especially free throws, of course

Dwight really needs to knock down a few more free throws. They're called "Free" for a reason. He's a pro. I understand that it's more difficult for some of those big guys to hit outside shots. I don't expect Dwight to shoot 90%. I don't think 60% is unreasonable though. He really needs a better FT shooter to help him with this. Chuck Person is a good outside shooter, but not FT shooter. I guarantee I could raise his percentage more than he could. I actually think I could get Dwight to shoot 70% from the line. It's a free throw.... they aren't rocket science. I can see just from watching on television what he's doing wrong, the few things he's doing right, and what needs to be changed to get more of them to drop.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: