Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: can the raps cash in on their assets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Yes the Toronto Raptors can cash in on their assets.

The big question has to be which ones.

As always what comes back given the cap hits.

1) Kyle Lowry - Big value
SI.com already asks the pointed question (Powerranking). Should we trade Klow ? Klow is a impending free agent end of next year and given the team performace - will they be able to retain him ?

1) The life of a Raps fan. We've seen this movie before.

2) If they're thinking of making this trade, Colangelo should NOT be the one to do it.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people
Default Re: can the raps cash in on their assets?

ive got a rebuild suggestion and wan some feedback especially from a cap perspective.

step1)
assuming the rumors are true and we can get gasol out from LA i package Bargs with anyone and everyone not named Lowry, JV, Davis, Calderon, and DD. we give around 20 mil and get back 20 mil(gasol)

step2
amnesty gasol immediately, dont send a car to the airport dont pass go dont collect $200. we are in full rebuil mode and its time to pay up formyears of mistakes and the price tag is 20 mil amnesty bill

Step3)
if i can get back a bigger expirer and picks for jose i do it if notni let him finish out the year and his 10mil come off the books

Step4)
if possible i get more aggressive and look to move amir johnson.

step5)
looks like we can have potentially around 30mil in cap space this summer and i put a full court press on TOP TIER free agents aka josh smith, david west, al jefferson, millsap, andre iguadola. i consider trading DD in a package for rudy gay over the summer depending on draft and other factors.

bottom line is we would have major flexibility and in basketball one player can make a huge difference. we might get lucky in the draft too but that would be a bonus to this plan and secondary from cap space considerations.

thoughts? pros cons?
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: