Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #31
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Paris does it again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Why can't white people say whatever they want without minorities pretending their opinion matters.

Not saying I want anyone to say racist things about anyone, but seriously. White people will stop saying racist things when it pleases them so complaining about it is a waste of time.

I say let them get it out of their system...for however many more centuries it will take. lol
Why are you arguing in the alternative? Stop it with the lawyer rhetoric. That's not what this thread is here for.

Either you call out the actions in this video for what they are or go ahead and formulate a definitive statement on why you believe otherwise. This topic has nothing to do with what blacks say about whites or anything else. The quicker people uderstand that, the better off everyoone will be.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #32
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
There's one thing I never understood about this.

Am I correct in thinking it's not the actual word that should offend people, but the thoughts that go along with it? Can anyone honestly say white people who say ****** are looking at a black person any lesser than a black person who calls white person white boy?

What thoughts go along with the word "whiteboy"? If you're Caucasian, you're a whiteboy. What's the problem?

I know some white people that are offended when they are called "cracker" but most aren't offended by it. I guess most white people are just pissed because they can't cry "Racism!" or complain about being called a derogatory name as easily as minorities because there really isn't one for white people, whereas blacks have "nigg*r, coon, etc.", hispanics have "spick, wetback", and asians have "gook, chiink, etc"
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
she represents these kind of people: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/spoiled-brat.html

That's a great video. If I were the father, I'd throw a bucket of blue paint onto the car and tell her that's the only car she'll have till finds the money to buy her own.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #34
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just responding to the comment that Whiteboy and ****** are different even though I'm sure both sides feel the exact same way about the person they are saying it to.

Not arguing which one is technically worse, I'm just saying that it shouldn't matter which word is worse. What should matter is what the person who is saying it is trying to get across.

For all sides there's a difference between a drunken brat saying a racist word compared to a man dressed up in stiched pillow cases or someone who has Malcom X posters everywhere in their room.

So I guess that answers the original question as well. Yes it was wrong, but I''m not gonna lose sleep over an INDIVIDUAL who said something they'll probably not even remember saying the next day.

Quote:
What thoughts go along with the word "whiteboy"? If you're Caucasian, you're a whiteboy. What's the problem?

Speaking of cop outs. I guess you never asked a white person if they get offended....but you expect white people to care....
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #35
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Speaking of cop outs. I guess you never asked a white person if they get offended....but you expect white people to care....

No white guys I know would be offended by "whiteboy", but then again I can't speak for people in other regions of the country.. but if you're an urban white kid and are offended by "whiteboy", I don't know what to tell ya.. stay home
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #36
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yeah she does. she represents those *****y rich girls you see in that "my sweet 16" show on MTV where they have million dollar parties for spoil brats.

she represents these kind of people: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/spoiled-brat.html

I hate that Sweet 16 show. It makes me want to vomit. Such shallow people. And what's with the guys that get on the show. What fella has a sweet 16 party?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #37
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

First of all...by definition, blacks in this country cannot be racists. The word racist is defined as a person/group that unwarrantly inflicts viles of hate or discrimination on a group of people based on race. Now tell me what have whites been through with any goup of people that would warrant a claim of racism? Think hard cause it's nothing there.

And on that note, this is where I'm afraid RedBlackAttack doesn't know he, as a white person, have alote more in common with Paris and her WASP entourage. As a white person, you are automatically allotted different and comparatively unique opportunities compared to minorities. From family upbringing to family wealth, whites are in a position of power starting at birth in this country. And only their sublime ignorance doesn't allow them to see it for what it is. But then again, I guess I shouldn't expect you to know any better if you don't know any better, feel me?
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #38
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far
Default .

I don't hate the girl...just jealous she's loaded and I'm not.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #39
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^ The fact that your black makes you think you were born with some sort of superior knowledge....pretty racist....

Quote:
inflicts viles of hate or discrimination

Blacks never do that....

BTW, I'm not hating on blacks, just the poster's arguement.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:57 AM   #40
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

"Whiteboy" can definitely be looked upon as a putdown the same way some Chinese are offended by the word "Chinaman". One would think if you're Chinese and male, you shouldn't be offended by the term, but that's not the case.
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #41
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Am I Banned
First of all...by definition, blacks in this country cannot be racists. The word racist is defined as a person/group that unwarrantly inflicts viles of hate or discrimination on a group of people based on race. Now tell me what have whites been through with any goup of people that would warrant a claim of racism? Think hard cause it's nothing there.

you are a moron for saying that. just flat out.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #42
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
in sure the makers of that docu didnt have an agenda or anything.
Really, it seemed to just document the lives of many 20-somethings that grew up rich. It is in their words. I think it is unfair for you to judge it as 'biased' until you have seen it. It is certainly worth checking out.

Born Rich (2003)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0342143/

Give it a look.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #43
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Now tell me what have whites been through with any goup of people that would warrant a claim of racism? Think hard cause it's nothing there.

Might as well not let this go.

If you want to go black/white look at Africa where many white farming families have been killed over the years just to get them out. These aren't your elitist whites who try and exploit Africans either.

But I guess Africans and blacks aren't the same....
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 AM   #44
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
you are a moron for saying that. just flat out.

i agree
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #45
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Why has this thread continued?

Moderators must be taking another week off.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: