Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default This laker team proves stars have little to do with winning titles

Its a team team

Coaching/Defense/rebounding/chemistry/depth/durability wins championships...

Watching my team this year has made me wake up and realise my idol kobe bryant and other legends throughout history were just lucky to be in the right position to succeed. It helps to be great. But its a team game. Teams win championships... I no longer care how many titles individuals have

Irs a sad day when you realise all the hero drama/hype was just some made up movie script invented in order to add spice to a game where 90% of its players are an afterthought.

Well i for one am no longer interested in jordans or kobes or wilts or lebrons...

Now its about lakers and bulls and celtics and spurs
kennethgriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: This laker team proves stars have little to do with winning titles

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
my idol kobe bryant

LoneyROY7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Okay. So Miami getting two all-stars, and being able to make two straight Finals appearances and win one is not an example of stars having to do something with winning titles? Mind boggling.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryimnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I used to think you're a bad poster, and I still do...
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Its a team team

Watching my team this year has made me wake up and realise my idol kobe bryant and other legends throughout history were just lucky to be in the right position to succeed. It helps to be great. But its a team game. Teams win championships... I no longer care how many titles individuals have

Irs a sad day when you realise all the hero drama/hype was just some made up movie script invented in order to add spice to a game where 90% of its players are an afterthought.

Well i for one am no longer interested in jordans or kobes or wilts or lebrons...

Now its about lakers and bulls and celtics and spurs

gotta say 100 percent agree...although I wouldnt get too down about that...stars are a big reason that championships are won...kobe and others were the biggest reasons for winning those titles...its just that we all (myself included) can sometimes get caught up in seeing big names thrown together when in reality it doesnt matter if they can't play together well...look at those lakers 2009 and 2010 championship teams...kobe was the star...had the perfect star sidekick and the perfect role players to compliment him...on paper you would think that this laker team would blow the title teams out the water but you look at those teams and you see kobe the scorer, pau the post up guy, fisher spot up shooter/clutch shooter when kobe was doubled, ariza the defensive stopper and so on...but yea im sure you get my point
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
dabulls23
I brick open layups

dabulls23 has an OK reputation so far

well, sure you need balance with rebound/scoring/defense/execution/individual matchups/team chemistry/depth/diverse types of players/etc/etc/etc but you need that closer to make big shots in the play offs to win it all

like the Nuggets look like a real good balanced team but lacks that Tony Parker, D Rose, or Kobe....
dabulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Quote:
Its a team team

So why didn't Sloan get a title?
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #9
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kobe has proven it before!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought that was this team:

Godbe always trying to teach the masses
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #11
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

come on guys dont get too down on griff

this was actually a logical thought out post
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #12
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops

MJ/refs/Tag/etc. in before
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops

Out coached/out defended/out rebounded?/out chemistried/equal depthed/equal durabilitied by the Bulls
I'm aware I made up words. Thanks.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #14
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Nah. Stars can get it done. Just not the Lakers stars.

SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why are you mad, Griff?

Kobe got 34 points.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: