Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
barkleynash
Local High School Star

barkleynash has decent reputation
Default Wing position

My thoughts are that derozen might actually be a better three than a two. He should have a bigger quickness advantage against threes and be able to get to the rim even more. Plus pairing him with a shooter like Ross will provide him more space to drive. They then have fields, Anderson, pietrus and kleiza on the wing. I would say that two of those guys will be gone, along with Jose and maybe bargs.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Wing position

Nope. Even if your team isn't a playoff team you still have to build for that and not for a regular season team. Derozen would be at a physical disadvantage against good 3's. the only spot he could ever be a plus player is at 2
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

He's already been playing the 3 when calderon is on the court with lowry.
I agree with gringos though. He isn't strong enough physically to play the 3 regularly.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

The 3 spot has gotten fairly large in the modern NBA, Derozan is far too small to compete defensively against the majority of them. Sure in spots, or on a mismatch he can pull it off, but I don't think it's a good long-term solution for us at the 3.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Derozan is small for SF and really, he's not that productive but who else are you gonna use? At some point, just throw your best players out there and that very well may be Ross and Derozan on the wings.

I still don't think Derozan will matter much in the long-run and I still don't like the contract but for now? Sure.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm pretty sure Pietrus is a one year rental just to make us look half decent at the 3 spot. Anderson is a scrub who spent more time in the D-League and Europe than in the NBA. I'm ok with having a guy like Kleiza coming off the bench in a J.R. Smith type of role. So pretty much as Q said we don't really have a guy that's really worthy of being a starting 3, especially on a team structured like ours. So I would say start Derozan/Ross not because i think that they'll eventually be a great starting 2/3 for a playoff roster, but rather because our other options aren't so great and i'd rather Ross be getting the minutes like a Damian Lillard or Barnes, or Waiters. That way we don't just give him a spotty 15 minutes a game at random times and then say he sucks without giving him a real shot at proving himself.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: