Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
Just2McFly
All Figured Out

Just2McFly is a pretty well-respected posterJust2McFly is a pretty well-respected posterJust2McFly is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eating on $4 a day

We definitely need an oatmeal and rice appreciation thread
Just2McFly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Pasta is dirt cheap, beef/pork mince can be bought cheaply, then some tinned tomatos, tomato paste, that will cover at least a few days for a decent bolognaise.

Potato is a lot of food for the money too.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

55 cent whoppers this weekend
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ramen noodles and kool-aid.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We probably spend $30-$40 a day on food... but we eat way too much takeout. In College I lived on chicken breast, veggies, and salad... with some frozen burritos and pizzas thrown in there. Never tried to live on $4 a day though.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

EASY.
2 dozen eggs= 2.50ish
Big bag of rice = Ranges
Chicken 2.5 lbs = $5.00 - 7.00
Lentils = $2.50
4 lbs kale and broccoli = $2.89 (Salad is pointless guys go for the real dark leafy greenz!)
Bumblebee 10 Pack of Tuna = $7.00
Coconut Oil = $6.00

There will be money left over, and extra rice and chicken and tuna.
Money left over will be for:
Tilapia
Ground Turkey
Fruits
Chocolate

when the week comes

and drinks.

en la futura.

Winner winner
Sunday night cook up the rice, put into tupperware.
Cook all that up. Dice up the veggies. Mix it in with the tuna add a lemon or lime on it. Put the lentils on top of the rice. Hardboil the eggs.

Feeding time is 6-10 pm (after work and school)
Sleep late

Lunchbreak devoted to enjoying life without the hassle of a meal =)

Find a way to up the guap in hte meantime.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can buy a pack of chicken and a can of beans or corn or whatever for a bout 4 bucks depending on how good of a shopper you are.

That can last you about 2-3 days.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #23
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this boardoutbreak is popular on this board

Where I live you'd have to say goodbye to all fresh fruit and vegetables. Probably all meat too. I'd be eating a lot of rice and potatoes may be the exclusion to expensive vegetables that are actually filling.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Food stamps should be a means of assistance and not living off of it entirely.

Anyways it wouldn't be that bad for one person.

Carton of Eggs= $1.50
Whole Wheat Bread = $1.50
Oatmeal = $3
1 LB Turkey =$5
2 LB Boneless Chicken=$5
1 Gallon of Milk= $2
1 Pack of 24 Water = $4
Pasta= $1
Olive Oil=$5

And some of this stuff would last the following week.

It's a bit tough, but not too bad.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Here's a link to his blog documenting his meals

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...ails-rr-rmpost

By reading his Day 2 blog you can see he's already regretting the choices he's made, he didn't really invest in anything that would last him longer than a week at a time like rice or oatmeal.

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its not very hard to eat for a month on 120 bucks. Ive eaten on 15 bucks a week at times.

You get rice, frozen dinners that are often 2 for 4 and have the meat and grazy, you can get a whole chicken for like 4 bucks from meat markets and cook half each day, and get a box of cereal for 2....get chunky soups. They arel ike 1.89 each. Once for lunch one for dinner.

Its not really hard hard. Its nothing to make into a challenge. You just dont eat 3 meals a day.

I eat once or twice a day anyway. I get up at 5:10....dont feel like making or stopping for breakfast. I eat some crappy fast food lunch...and I eat some kinda snack before bed. At most its a sandwich.

And I bet I eat more than like 70% of the world.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I definitely think I come close to pulling off the $4/day for food thing on a regular basis.

A lot of my normal days consist of a breakfast featuring a pancake and eggs (with a touch of butter, syrup, and cream cheese). My lunch is often an apple, yogurt, and bagel. Then for dinner I frequently go the rice route with perhaps a bit of tomato soup and clementines. Doing some quick portioning of the prices with which I purchase all of that in whole (and accounting for the butter, cream cheese and syrup) I think I came out to around $4.50ish.

I figure I'd have to remove a few eggs, chill on the butter/cream cheese or stop eating fruits to really get down to the $4 limit.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #28
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Here's a link to his blog documenting his meals

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/a...ails-rr-rmpost

By reading his Day 2 blog you can see he's already regretting the choices he's made, he didn't really invest in anything that would last him longer than a week at a time like rice or oatmeal.

he is regretting nothing. it is a carefully planned publicity stunt. Story Booker does this crap all the time.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #29
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Its not very hard to eat for a month on 120 bucks. Ive eaten on 15 bucks a week at times.

You get rice, frozen dinners that are often 2 for 4 and have the meat and grazy, you can get a whole chicken for like 4 bucks from meat markets and cook half each day, and get a box of cereal for 2....get chunky soups. They arel ike 1.89 each. Once for lunch one for dinner.

Its not really hard hard. Its nothing to make into a challenge. You just dont eat 3 meals a day.

I eat once or twice a day anyway. I get up at 5:10....dont feel like making or stopping for breakfast. I eat some crappy fast food lunch...and I eat some kinda snack before bed. At most its a sandwich.

And I bet I eat more than like 70% of the world.

Well that sounds fvcking miserable
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Well that sounds fvcking miserable
Yes it does
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: