Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Low Tops vs High/Mid Tops

Are low tops truly more risky for your ankle? Do you think they do give more mobility?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Low Tops vs High/Mid Tops

Here's what i heard, yes but that not the end of it all.

No matter what you do, there is impact felt everytime you make a step. High tops may protect your ankle from the force (since it keeps them relatively fixed, imagine the protection you get from a seatbelt) but it just transfers all the impact to other parts of the leg, i.e. your knee.

Low tops expose your ankle for more mobility, but since tHe ankle is closer to your foot than your jnee, it takes most of the impact.

I like high tops for ball but wear low tops on other sports to strengthen my ankle
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Strong ankles > high tops or ankle braces
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always liked the lowtop versions of hyperdunks but I hate how Nike always releases the regular hyperdunks first in the fall, and don't release the lows until the following spring.

Here's a look at the Hyperdunk 2012 lows.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2012/12/2...w-white-green/
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

ive been wearing kobe 6's for a year now and its the first low tops ive ever balled in

its like wearing cleats, i love how light they are and unrestrictive. Used to have a lot of ankle problems in the past, but I did a lot of strengthening and yoga to help and now everytime I roll my ankle its not even sore the next day, so no need to even rock the high tops anymore
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Mid tops = ankle protection + mobility
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic bird
Mid tops = ankle protection + mobility

How's a mid top protect your ankle? Put a pair on and turn your ankle then feel where the cuff is making contact around your ankle. All it's doing is pushing on the inside of your ankle. Also if you had on a shoe stiff enough to support your ankle then the roll would be transferred up to your knee.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: