Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Why doesn't anyone like Blue Dragon???

Kluke is fu*king hot to def. I think I'm falling in love with her. I had a crush on Inphyy from Ninety Nine Nights for so long, but Kluke is slowly stealing my heart away.

(and no I'm not being serious, just wanted to point out that Blue Dragon is actually one of the best games of this gaming generation... when you're "out of your element" of course, otherwise I don't know...)
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why doesn't anyone like Blue Dragon???

I regret that I still have not picked this up

I'll say that I am pleased with Lost Odyssey though…

On the whole, I've kinda been on the outs with RPGs… I don't seem to have the time I'd like to dedicate to them. I still enjoy the genre, but I am less committed to grind em out like I used to.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I regret that I still have not picked this up

I'll say that I am pleased with Lost Odyssey though…

On the whole, I've kinda been on the outs with RPGs… I don't seem to have the time I'd like to dedicate to them. I still enjoy the genre, but I am less committed to grind em out like I used to.

Blue Dragon is only like 20 bucks. If you buy it, make sure you download the more difficult modes off Marketplace. The normal original is not challenging.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I played it, but didn't finish it. You are almost tempting me to pick it up, but the weather is just too nice.

Give me the Pirate girl over Kluke.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation

The art style of Blue Dragon turned me off to the game. I might just give it a chance anyway tho. I'm bored to tears of all my games.

I tried picking up Infinite Undiscovery a few weeks back, when Best Buy had it for $10 but of course they were cleaned out by the time I got there.

Anyone try Eternal Sonata?
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Infinite Undiscovery is terrible. The battle engine is garbage. I used to be a huge Tri-Ace homer, but they have let me down too many times with lame battle systems of: Radiata Stories, Valkyrie Profile II, and Infinite Undiscovery… Star Ocean 4 is solid, but then the story is horrible.

I haven't got around to Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 AM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Star Ocean 4 is solid, but then the story is horrible.

Story and the characters in that are just too retarded. You think you've seen it all when it comes to videogames and bad writing, but this is so horrible it makes me want to puke.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #8
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

/\bstract has decent reputation/\bstract has decent reputation

Blue Dragon is still a classic in my mind. I know there'll never be a sequel, but I'll always appreciate the experience that was Blue Dragon. It's my understanding though, the franchise has been successful on the Nintendo DS, etc. It's also a cartoon series from what I've heard?

I finally finished Lost Odyssey (which was created by the same creative team; just more of an adult Blue Dragon version - with some noticeable differences), and I loved it; I just love(d) Blue Dragon more. It's just not something everyone can truly enjoy as I did/have.

I have tried playing this game sober, and it kinda sucks.

/\bstract is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: